No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are the newer styles going to be added in the Modern fit?

Comment

Originally posted by thebigq View Post
      what is your height/weight.. i'm 6'3" 215lb.. i'm getting 46L slim and 44L modern
      I'm about 6'2", 200lbs. I'm going to do the same thing as you, but with the 44L Slim and the 42L Modern. Unfortunately, none of the jacket or pants sizes I need are in stock right now. I've been told by [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION] and through their customer support chat that it would be this week or next, but nothing appears to have been updated yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DManX04 View Post
        I'm about 6'2", 200lbs. I'm going to do the same thing as you, but with the 44L Slim and the 42L Modern. Unfortunately, none of the jacket or pants sizes I need are in stock right now. I've been told by [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION] and through their customer support chat that it would be this week or next, but nothing appears to have been updated yet.
        "This week or next" seems to be their default response when questioned on restock times. I've yet to see some styles restock after a month or so.

Comment

We're restocking grey, black and navy modern fit suits between 11/19 - 11/21.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=6364]DManX04[/MENTION] -- we're restocking several modern fit suits between 11/19 & 11/21. The 44L was actually our fastest-selling black slim fit suit since our last restock, so it may be a couple of weeks before that particular size is available again.

Comment

Originally posted by Combatant Gentlemen View Post
              Hey [MENTION=6364]DManX04[/MENTION] -- we're restocking several modern fit suits between 11/19 & 11/21. The 44L was actually our fastest-selling black slim fit suit since our last restock, so it may be a couple of weeks before that particular size is available again.
              How about the slim fit pinstripe suits? Particularly the black and light grey pinstripe?

Comment

Hi guys.. I just got two suits from combatgent.com.. I'm 6'3" 215lbs and typically wear a 44L and 36x36. Per cust service reco, i got the navy plaid slim fit 3-piece in 46L and 36W while the charcoal modern fit i got in 44L and 36W. My initial thoughts are that the material seems excellent 140s wool or not. Overall the construction seems pretty decent.. The "plaid" pattern in the navy suit is barely visible.. in fact i forgot that it was a plaid suit as i couldn't see the pattern.. you need a lot of light on the suit to actually see it.. on another note, i found a sticky tape inside my right sleeve which was weird.. but no biggie.. unfortunately i think the 46L has too big a shoulder and doesn't look good on me and the 44L modern fit probably needs the waist taken in. Also, didn't particularly care for the low arm holes.. wish they were higher...also, please ignore the shirts/tie i might be wearing.. Your thoughts?

3 piece Navy plaid 46L slim fit
                http://imgur.com/a/R6k07#1

Charcoal birdseye 44L modern fit
                http://imgur.com/a/KbETe#0

Comment

I'm roughly the same measurements as you except a few inches shorter, and I think my 44R modern fit needs to be taken in at the midsection as well. The modern fit shoulders look better on you IMHO. I think that's probably the way to go as opposed to the slim fit a size bigger. That charcoal one will look great with a little tailoring.

Combatant Gentleman, I have a question for you. Your chino suits, is there any chance they'll be showing up in Modern Fit? Also, how "structured" is the jacket? I want to know if I can wear the jacket casually as a blazer with jeans, but I don't like my blazers to be particularly structured.

Comment

I sent an email to CG to get sizing info on Friday afternoon, but haven't heard back. From your experience, how long does it usually take for CG reps to get back? Or should I call instead?

Comment

Originally posted by StormRider View Post
                      I sent an email to CG to get sizing info on Friday afternoon, but haven't heard back. From your experience, how long does it usually take for CG reps to get back? Or should I call instead?
                      Hey [MENTION=12912]StormRider[/MENTION] -- sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. If you're waiting on a response via email, you can call us during PST business hours at 1-888-966-5436 (no robo-directory -- you'll talk to a live person right away), or go on our website and use our live chat function.

Alternatively, you can also PM me and I'll do my best to get an answer for you as quickly as possible.

Comment

[MENTION=10804]spencerleejenkins[/MENTION] thanks for your observations.. that is my plan as well.. ie.keep the charcoal modern fit and return the other..
                        [MENTION=12912]StormRider[/MENTION] i've always contacted them directly via chat during biz hours... i get them immediately.. that is what i recommend as well..

Comment

Originally posted by thebigq View Post
                          [MENTION=10804]spencerleejenkins[/MENTION] thanks for your observations.. that is my plan as well.. ie.keep the charcoal modern fit and return the other..
                          [MENTION=12912]StormRider[/MENTION] i've always contacted them directly via chat during biz hours... i get them immediately.. that is what i recommend as well..
                          Thanks, will try to contact them through chat.

Comment

We just restocked slim fit charcoal pinstripe suits on our site, slim light grey pinstripe will be restocked next week (before Black Friday). We're actually currently out of slim fit black pinstripe fabric, so unfortunately that won't be back in stock until early 2015.

Comment

Any idea on a timeline for restocking denim?

Comment

Should be soon, for their sake. They literally have 2-3 sizes left for Indigos. I was thinking of getting some too, but my size is gone

Comment

Working...
                                X