No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DTM? Dye to match? I'm assuming plastic? I'm obsessed with MOP because I'm trying to reduce my plastic consumption, plus I've read it's much more durable.

What's the difference between the White Poplin and the Day to Night Textured shirts? Just the weaves/ply? Are they otherwise the same shade whiteness?
    Last edited by mike dragon; November 4, 2014, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
      Yep! 3 new slim fit styles are coming out this next month without hacked pockets.

Thanks!
      Of those three new slim fits, is one of them in the brown family? I pick up the new navy slim fit and the fit out of the box is nearly perfect. So can you give any hints on the colors for the new slim fits. Also, kudos on the new tuxedos. If I had a reason to wear a tux occasionally, I'd have already bought one.

Comment

Originally posted by mike dragon View Post
        DTM? Dye to match? I'm assuming plastic? I'm obsessed with MOP because I'm trying to reduce my plastic consumption, plus I've read it's much more durable.

What's the difference between the White Poplin and the Day to Night Textured shirts? Just the weaves/ply? Are they otherwise the same shade whiteness?
        Hey Mike - Yes DTM are died to match plastic buttons. Mainly found on our casual shirts. Super high quality and boiled specifically for perfect color matching.

The difference between is the White Poplin and the Day to night is the actual textile. The poplin is a flat white shirt, the Day to Night does feature a twill weave.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
          Of those three new slim fits, is one of them in the brown family? I pick up the new navy slim fit and the fit out of the box is nearly perfect. So can you give any hints on the colors for the new slim fits. Also, kudos on the new tuxedos. If I had a reason to wear a tux occasionally, I'd have already bought one.
          Yep - we have a brown nailhead dropping in 3 weeks.

It's my favorite suit to date!

Thanks for the kind words!

Comment

I had been searching everywhere for a midnight navy tux with black satin shawl lapels, and was so excited to see the new tux from CG. Went ahead and bought it in preparation for the month ahead with the numerous formal events I find myself getting suckered into every year (work holiday party, clients having their holiday parties) ect. This is my first CG purchase, so I'm very anxious.

Comment

Originally posted by Devon View Post
              I had been searching everywhere for a midnight navy tux with black satin shawl lapels, and was so excited to see the new tux from CG. Went ahead and bought it in preparation for the month ahead with the numerous formal events I find myself getting suckered into every year (work holiday party, clients having their holiday parties) ect. This is my first CG purchase, so I'm very anxious.
              That's great to hear Devon. Just a heads up -- the midnight navy tux is a very dark navy color, almost black. If you want something that's on the bluer side, then the Navy Shawl Collar Tux may be more to your liking.

Comment

Speaking of tuxedos, any plans to add options with peak lapels? I'm getting to the point where purchasing one makes sense, but would rather have something more traditional. (I'm not a fan of notch on tuxes, and am not ready to jump to shawl collar).

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
                  Speaking of tuxedos, any plans to add options with peak lapels? I'm getting to the point where purchasing one makes sense, but would rather have something more traditional. (I'm not a fan of notch on tuxes, and am not ready to jump to shawl collar).
                  We'll be launching a Peak lapel tux next year. I'm really particular about lapels and I'm currently being anal about the over-use of Peaks that are going around in the market. They do make complete sense for tuxes, so we have them in development for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Combatant Gentlemen View Post
                    That's great to hear Devon. Just a heads up -- the midnight navy tux is a very dark navy color, almost black. If you want something that's on the bluer side, then the Navy Shawl Collar Tux may be more to your liking.
                    Thanks for the heads up. I already received notification that my order shipped (less than 30 minutes for fulfillment, holy cow!). I am real fond of the tuxedo that Daniel Craig wore in Skyfall. Would you say the Navy or the Midnight Navy would be the closer match?

Comment

Good to hear! I'm also not a huge fan of peak lapels on suits, but--and this is just IMHO of course--I think of them as a sine qua non for tuxedos, especially for someone like me who is looking for one "workhorse" tux.

Comment

Originally posted by Devon View Post
                        Thanks for the heads up. I already received notification that my order shipped (less than 30 minutes for fulfillment, holy cow!). I am real fond of the tuxedo that Daniel Craig wore in Skyfall. Would you say the Navy or the Midnight Navy would be the closer match?
                        I'd say that our navy is closer in color to the Skyfall tux than our midnight blue. You can hop on the live chat on our site with your order number and they'll be able to make an easy substitution for you.

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
                          Good to hear! I'm also not a huge fan of peak lapels on suits, but--and this is just IMHO of course--I think of them as a sine qua non for tuxedos, especially for someone like me who is looking for one "workhorse" tux.
                          Let me just say -- you must live a pretty interesting life if you have a "workhorse tux". Here in Southern California, anything fancier than chinos and a button-down draws odd stares.

Comment

Any idea when your black suit jackets will be restocked? Right now the pants are there, but the slim fit jacket is out of both sizes I would try, and the modern fit jacket is out of pretty much everything. I need a black suit for a wedding I'm in, and some of the groomsmen are pushing for Jos A. Bank. I'm eager to get an order in with you guys before I have to make a decision on that.

Comment

I'm thinking of ordering my first suit from Combat Gent, and I'm wondering if I can find precise measurements of their slim and modern fits in 34s and 36s. I know they offer free returns, but still want to get it right the first time. My best fitting OTR suits are Caruso and Paoloni.

Comment

There are some thin, clear plastic threads that close my front pockets and the breast pocket of my Birdseye suit. Also, the inside of my belt loops have the same or similar thin, clear plastic threads. I was putting my belt on the other day and caught this thread. It ripped a portion of it off of one belt loop, revealing the inside of the loop. Are these to be cut open/removed? Why are these included, particularly the belt loops, if they are to be removed? Common sense tells me to remove them but my lack of confidence on suit knowledge tells me to post these questions on an internet forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X