No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure. Thanks for letting me know what's up about the smells.

What exactly is up with the material used for the Poplin shirts? I've had 3 people feel it and they all said the same thing, that it feels different from what they are used to, but certainly not bad, although one person asked if it was polyester. Is this a thread count thing? The type of cotton used? The weave? Keep in mind I've yet to wash it, so maybe that's the reason. I'm still very ignorant about materials and can't put my finger on it.

Comment

Originally posted by mike dragon View Post
      Sure. Thanks for letting me know what's up about the smells.

What exactly is up with the material used for the Poplin shirts? I've had 3 people feel it and they all said the same thing, that it feels different from what they are used to, but certainly not bad, although one person asked if it was polyester. Is this a thread count thing? The type of cotton used? The weave? Keep in mind I've yet to wash it, so maybe that's the reason. I'm still very ignorant about materials and can't put my finger on it.
      We actually work with a cotton mill in northern india that prides itself in some of the best organic shirting cotton. Everything we make is 100% cotton in pertaining to the shirts. We do an enzyme wash which is probably the softness you are feeling. It tends to break down any rigidity in the textile and leaves for a super soft hand feel.

Thanks!

Comment

vishaalmelwani do you still have a showroom in Irvine? Wouldn't mind seeing these in person.

Comment

Any plans on adding blazers/sportcoats to the line up in the future? Looking for wool navy blazer w/ just bit of texture and a natural shoulder w/ little to no padding. Thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=9923]mjn082[/MENTION] every time I've asked, the release is pushed further. Meanwhile, I've spent my money elsewhere with winter quickly approaching.

Still hoping they release some interesting fabrics/patterns as i wouldn't mind adding a few affordable options to my wardrobe. Which brings me to my next question:

Could you provide us with some sneak peeks or swatches of the blazer/SC line and a possible price point? Also what kind of features can we expect? (IE: amount of padding? Lapel width? Ticket pockets? Dual/center vent? 3-roll-2s? Hopefully not too cropped on the tail lengths?)

Please throw a bone to those of us who have been patiently waiting to become a customer of CG!

Comment

Yes details please! Absolutely love my CG denim and would not hesitate to pick up a blazer or two if available......

Comment

Hey Vishaal, I am a few weeks into my first pair of Slim Str Black Denim Jeans and I love them. They fit well after the initial soak. Can't wait to get another pair or two after you restock.

Comment

Hey @Vishaal, remember in the rough early days when you were getting knocked around on this board from skeptics? You've come so far since then. You have a legit product catalogue and an enthusiastic following. I'm one of them! But it's weird when you respond to a bunch of inquiries but continue to punt on others, like when you'll get sizes restocked or when those long promised blazers will come out. We're only asking because we're eager to give you money! If there are production delays, if you can't get the price point where you need it to be, if you need to slow down your product growth because of inventory issues, that's fine. We'll understand, we get that you're a new company. Give us a peek under the skirt! What's the story?

Comment

Hey guys! Long time reader, first time poster. I have a quick question regarding the Combatant Gent brand and your overall opinions of the quality of the product. I'm a college junior and am in the market for a suit that will last me for a few years (through internship and law school interviews, events where a suit is required, the like). At this point, I'd say a SuitSupply or something similar is out of my price range (price range of, at most, $300). I'm pretty new to the menswear/style game, and it seems opinions are divided about Combatant Gent. There are those who seem to have reservations about the quality (an to be honest, an all-wool, half-canvassed suit for $160 seems a bit too good to be true), while others are quick to tout the company and the products they produce. I suppose my question is simple: in my current state and with the budget I've given, do you guys think CG is a good option? Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by zmac View Post
                      vishaalmelwani do you still have a showroom in Irvine? Wouldn't mind seeing these in person.
                      Yep we sure do. e-mail me at [email protected] if you'd like to stop by!

Comment

Originally posted by mjn082 View Post
                        Any plans on adding blazers/sportcoats to the line up in the future? Looking for wool navy blazer w/ just bit of texture and a natural shoulder w/ little to no padding. Thanks!
                        Yup! It's all in the works.. We are releasing our Travel Blazers in 3 weeks and more coming in the beginning of 2015. I can't say much more before my marketing team literally lights my hair on fire, but I think you guys will be pumped!

Comment

Originally posted by Lankus View Post
                          [MENTION=9923]mjn082[/MENTION] every time I've asked, the release is pushed further. Meanwhile, I've spent my money elsewhere with winter quickly approaching.

Still hoping they release some interesting fabrics/patterns as i wouldn't mind adding a few affordable options to my wardrobe. Which brings me to my next question:

Could you provide us with some sneak peeks or swatches of the blazer/SC line and a possible price point? Also what kind of features can we expect? (IE: amount of padding? Lapel width? Ticket pockets? Dual/center vent? 3-roll-2s? Hopefully not too cropped on the tail lengths?)

Please throw a bone to those of us who have been patiently waiting to become a customer of CG!
                          Hey Lankus,

Thanks for the note and sorry to hear you had to go elsewhere...

My # 1 concern now with the company is to make sure that that doesn't happen anymore.

The majority of this year was spent with solidifying our value proposition. We wanted to prove to the general public, that making quality garments was not only affordable, but scalable. Now that we have obtained a good strong hold, I am ready to unleash the beast with some amazing product releases.

Holiday releases you can expect:
                          1. 100% Mid-Length Overcoat - $100-120
                          2. 100% Wool Shorter Length Peacoat - $100
                          3. 100% Wool Nailhead fabric suit release - Super 140s fine Nailhead weave offered in Grey and Tan (I'm really feeling this color right now) $200
                          4. 100% Wool-Flannel suit release - Charcoal super fine wool flannel. This is perfect for the east coast guys and I'm really loving the heathered look. You'll notice that when we launch this on the site, we did a nice cuff on the bottom hem. It worked out amazingly well. $200
                          5. 100% Wool Charcoal & Blue Windowpane suit - This is my favorite and most bold suit the site has seen to date. We did this in a slim fit with a wider lapel than our other slim fits to really exude the amazing pattern.

Spring has a lot in store that I'm not permitted to speak on yet, but you can guarantee we are playing with Lapels, double breasted options, shoulder construction, etc..

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by mjn082 View Post
                            Yes details please! Absolutely love my CG denim and would not hesitate to pick up a blazer or two if available......
                            Check out below

Comment

Originally posted by Str8Ace View Post
                              Hey Vishaal, I am a few weeks into my first pair of Slim Str Black Denim Jeans and I love them. They fit well after the initial soak. Can't wait to get another pair or two after you restock.
                              Glad to hear!

Re-stocking selvedge in 3 weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                                Hey @Vishaal, remember in the rough early days when you were getting knocked around on this board from skeptics? You've come so far since then. You have a legit product catalogue and an enthusiastic following. I'm one of them! But it's weird when you respond to a bunch of inquiries but continue to punt on others, like when you'll get sizes restocked or when those long promised blazers will come out. We're only asking because we're eager to give you money! If there are production delays, if you can't get the price point where you need it to be, if you need to slow down your product growth because of inventory issues, that's fine. We'll understand, we get that you're a new company. Give us a peek under the skirt! What's the story?
                                Hey DRM,

Totally noted on what you're saying. I try and stay away from dates because we have been burned before from our freight forwarders, etc... We took the most part of this year really fine tuning our logistics side of the biz and we think we have a great handle on things right now. In the last few weeks we have just about re-stocked almost everything on the site and we are looking to get even better as time goes on.

To be completely honest, we didn't expect such a huge response this year and it did catch us off guard. That whiplash does flow itself all the way down the supply-chain... Those poor sheep :/ They keep getting hair cuts!

We are finally at a point where we are letting data and technology sort out most of the kinks and we have planned out our holiday season specifically around this. I finally feel comfortable saying that we shouldn't run into many more inventory issues as we grow.

I do want to thank all of those who have supported us through this growth phase. It is clients like you that let a company like ours grow and continue to provide great quality with a great price point. My goal is to continue to prove that it is completely possible to do and scale and you guys are complete proof.

Thanks again and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Comment

Working...
                                X