No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine recently ordered from them. He said the quality of the shirt fabric was extremely low and a button fell off after 2 wears. He also bought a tie and the holder on the back came off the third time he wore it. Needless to say, he will not be ordering from CG again.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
      A friend of mine recently ordered from them. He said the quality of the shirt fabric was extremely low and a button fell off after 2 wears. He also bought a tie and the holder on the back came off the third time he wore it. Needless to say, he will not be ordering from CG again.
      Hey Ryan,

That sucks to hear!

We haven't heard anything from our Customer Service department. Would you mind letting me know who it is so we can take care of him right away?

Buttons were an issue on our first run of shirts, but have since been all fixed. We sell a ton of ties so I'm not sure about that problem. I'd love to chat with him though.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
        Hey Ryan,

That sucks to hear!

We haven't heard anything from our Customer Service department. Would you mind letting me know who it is so we can take care of him right away?

Buttons were an issue on our first run of shirts, but have since been all fixed. We sell a ton of ties so I'm not sure about that problem. I'd love to chat with him though.

Thanks!
        Hey Ryan,

Just wanted to follow up with a quick e-mail to follow up on the fabric for the shirting.

Here is a quick write-up we got on the Wall Street Journal a few months back. It talks about our new Italian Cotton Collection as well as our collaboration with the awesome guys over at Andreazza-Castelli in Italy. I am proud to mention that all of our shirting fabrics and cotton for shirting is coming straight from them

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-...19-907464.html

Thanks!

Comment

I have an open mind.

Although I seriously doubt a half canvassed suit can be produced for $30, a fused wool suit for $160 is nothing to sneeze at.

I already have my basic suits several times over and I'm only buying fun suits now, but tons of guys ask for my advice, many of them just starting out. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the suit in this price range if I like it.

I wonder if they have a showroom in Las Vegas since I'm always there anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Liu View Post
            I have an open mind.

Although I seriously doubt a half canvassed suit can be produced for $30, a fused wool suit for $160 is nothing to sneeze at.

I already have my basic suits several times over and I'm only buying fun suits now, but tons of guys ask for my advice, many of them just starting out. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the suit in this price range if I like it.

I wonder if they have a showroom in Las Vegas since I'm always there anyway.
            Hey Morgan,

We'd love to have you in either Vegas or Orange County. We have operations in both.

Feel free to ping me whenever - [email protected]

Thanks,

Comment

Vishaal, is there any way to track the shipping of an order? I placed it a couple of days ago and would like to know roughly when it'll arrive.

Comment

I found this article on Pando Daily reviewing CG: http://pandodaily.com/2013/05/03/onl...ng-collection/

I'll be honest, reading it throws up even more alarm bells. Sourcing the material you have, with the quality that's claimed on the site, with a half-canvassed suit, and (according to the article) 78% margin... That's just amazing. Chalk it up to cynicism or whatever, but I have to look at this with one eyebrow up. That said, you seem genuine and it's not outside the realm of possibility - clothing has so many links in the supply chain and each one is looking to mark up everything that came before it.

I'm going to wait to read what other's say, but when I'm in the market for a new suit your company is definitely near the top of the list.

Comment

Hey Morgan,

We'd love to have you in either Vegas or Orange County. We have operations in both.

Feel free to ping me whenever - [email protected]

Thanks,
                  where is the store located in the OC Vishaal?

Comment

Originally posted by spencerleejenkins View Post
                    Vishaal, is there any way to track the shipping of an order? I placed it a couple of days ago and would like to know roughly when it'll arrive.

they ship their suits from the OC:

Q. Where do you ship from?
                    A. From the always-sunny Orange County, California. All shipments are sent directly from our workshop in Irvine.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                      where is the store located in the OC Vishaal?
                      Hey Jack!

No store just yet, but we do have our offices/showroom. We have Stylists, clothing, and beer... We're located in Irvine. Let me know if you want to schedule something and roll on through!

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by spencerleejenkins View Post
                        Hey Spencer,

Yep - as soon as your order is shipped out, you will be notified. We are experiencing a heavy load due to the holiday's but shouldn't be too long before it's on the way to you.

Thanks,

Comment

Hey Scrambledpotato

Thanks for checking into us! Supply-chain is what we do. I notice that this forum is really into half-canvassed and full-canvassed suits. It's really interesting to hear others take on it because to be quite honest - being from a production background, all three methods (fused, hc, and fc) have their specific purposes. I've seen fused suits that are absolutely gorgeous and I have seen full-canvassed suits that look like a hot mess, and of course vice versa.

What really matters is how you are making it. Hand assembly lines are what we work with, and it's what I've grown accustomed to. I was raised in smaller-mid-sized factories and I like the way they operate. Nothing goes out with several talented tailors working on the garment. We take pride in operating our supply-chain the way we do it. It not only gets us closer to our end consumer, but let's us build relationships with awesome craftsman who love what they do.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that since we are direct-to-consumer, we skip an entire price jump that is the wholesale one. That saves us anywhere from 30% - 60% right off the bat. Going to trade shows, paying showrooms, etc... is very costly. People like Warby Parker, Everlane, Bauble Bar, etc.. they've all created a brand that was built just for the consumer and to solve a problem they saw in the marketplace. We are just trying to do the same.

I was born in the fashion industry and have lived cut & sew my entire life. I really felt like menswear was underserved... hence CG.

Hope that helps

Comment

Hey Jack!

No store just yet, but we do have our offices/showroom. We have Stylists, clothing, and beer... We're located in Irvine. Let me know if you want to schedule something and roll on through!

Thanks,
                            Hi Vishaal,

What time and days do the showroom open? and does it open to the public or by appointment only?

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                              Hi Vishaal,

What time and days do the showroom open? and does it open to the public or by appointment only?
                              Hey Jack,

We're open M-F by appointment only for Stylists - you can e-mail [email protected] to set something up and she'll take care of you!

Looking forward to having you come by. I'll make sure I'm around to say hi!

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I'm starting to feel a little more confident about what you're claiming here. I'm definitely looking forward to the experiences of others when they get their orders.

Good luck, and hope things work out great for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X