No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My suit came in just a few days after I ordered it, very happy with the shipping time! Quality looks great as well. I dropped the jacket and pants off at the tailor and pick up today. I will be wearing tomorrow and will give a quick review! On a side note, the modern fit 46r probably fit me better than anything else off the rack. Still needed to bring the waist in though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuxton View Post
      Still needed to bring the waist in though.
      How is the waist sized relative to other brands? Did you order up or down?

Comment

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
        How is the waist sized relative to other brands? Did you order up or down?
        I should have clarified. I meant the waist of the jacket. The 36" pants fit true to size.

Comment

Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying.

I usually wear a 30 in jeans, sometimes a 31 in slim fit slacks. But given that they only had 30 and were out of 32, I ordered a 30 instead. Just wondering if that would be the right size or not.

Comment

Vishaal, now that your denim line is out, I'm literally throwing money at my computer monitor in hopes that your site will magically accept orders from Canada.
            Can you please help me out? I'm tired of ruining my keyboard with tears due to frustration of trying to order from your site.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by ry0579 View Post
              Vishaal, now that your denim line is out, I'm literally throwing money at my computer monitor in hopes that your site will magically accept orders from Canada.
              Can you please help me out? I'm tired of ruining my keyboard with tears due to frustration of trying to order from your site.

Thanks,
              Lol I literally read this out loud in the office.

ETA 1.5 weeks and we will be shipping to Canada! Sorting out the final details with UPS as we speak.

Thanks for waiting sir,

Comment

Thanks,
                Glad to hear. Also with regards to denim should we size up, down or true to size due to shrinkage or stretch in the denim you use?

Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
                Lol I literally read this out loud in the office.

ETA 1.5 weeks and we will be shipping to Canada! Sorting out the final details with UPS as we speak.

Thanks for waiting sir,

Comment

Sure thing,

If you're going with the slim I would go with true to size. The denim is unsanforized and the guys in the office who are wearing the slims have been doing a slight warm soak to get the exact fit. Some are also finding it perfect right out of the packaging.

The Slim/Straight is a tad bit open in the upper thigh/crotch area for guys with athletic thighs and have a tough time finding a good pair of raw denim that works for them. This also runs true to size, but the denim does open up about 2-4% after some use, so some are choosing to go down a size.

Let me know if that helps!

Side note: We have guys who have been rocking the early samples in the office for close to 6mos and the patinas and fades are looking great!

Thanks,

Comment

You guys make RAWS now?

That's cool. Like really cool. Couple questions though:

What are the measurements on the fits? More importantly, why aren't they on your site? With jeans, and raws especially, a lot of people in that market want a perfect fit; measurement charts are pretty standard for almost all brands of raws. I know they're unsanforized, but you should give the pre-shrink measurements, and perhaps (a lot of places don't do this), shrink a couple sample pairs (via hot soak) and give the post-shrink measurements as well. Sizing unsanforized denim is hard enough even with measurement charts.

How on earth did you manage to source unsanforized selvedge from Japan for 70 dollars a pair? My first thought is that a corner has to get cut somewhere; even Gustin's crowdsourced model doesn't go below 80, and is usually around 100 for Japanese fabrics. They also can't be bothered with unsanforized.

Is the deep indigo a true deep indigo (indigo warp and weft) or is that just a misnomer for your standard indigo warp, white weft?

Comment

Originally posted by ry0579 View Post

Thanks,
                      Another option, depending upon how close you are to the border, is a package receiving service. For less than C$5, I can have a package shipped to the just across the border and held for me. I still have to bring it through customs, but I've not had to pay any duties or even taxes yet -- probably because my orders are rarely worth more than a couple of hundred dollars and the crossing I use is usually got at least a 10-minute lineup.

The cost of the gas to get the package and the holding fee pale in comparison to the extra shipping cost, plus the duties and taxes that always get assessed, of a cross-border shipment.

Comment

Hey Mikey,

Thanks for the kind words!

To answer your question:
                        1. I am working on the size guide as we speak. Should have it on the site very shortly. The denim does open up a tad bit as mentioned earlier and I completely agree on how hard it is to get Unsanforized sizing down right. I was out of the office due to some health issues, so that's the only reason it's not up today.

2. I actually started my career in clothing in Japan. I worked for a large Japanese trading firm and was exclusively in the denim division. While there I spent a lot of time perfecting raw material sourcing and broke most of the sourcing down to the actual cotton. This is where I got the idea for making this collection. Believe it or not, I thought of making our shirts the same way (As we crop cotton in India) from this very method.

3. The deep indigo is true deep indigo... Once you see it in person you will see how rich it actually looks.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Galcobar View Post
                          Another option, depending upon how close you are to the border, is a package receiving service. For less than C$5, I can have a package shipped to the just across the border and held for me. I still have to bring it through customs, but I've not had to pay any duties or even taxes yet -- probably because my orders are rarely worth more than a couple of hundred dollars and the crossing I use is usually got at least a 10-minute lineup.

The cost of the gas to get the package and the holding fee pale in comparison to the extra shipping cost, plus the duties and taxes that always get assessed, of a cross-border shipment.
                          Thanks for this!

Passing this on to our Logistics guy.

Canada here we come!

Comment

3. The deep indigo is true deep indigo... Once you see it in person you will see how rich it actually looks.
                            Right, but "deep indigo" doesn't necessarily refer to the richness of the indigo, but rather the weft color. The weft appears to be white based on the cuff. I just ask because I'm definitely in the market for an indigo-indigo pair (only pair I'm in the market for), and deep indigo suggests that, but your picture doesn't.

Comment

Hey Mikey,

Sorry - about that I think I didn't read your entire question. You are correct the weft is white. I didn't think there'd be much demand for a (true) deep indigo weft, but I am working with a deep black weft run that I'm not sure will hit the site... I took the inspiration from a pair of Momotaro's that I've been wearing for a few years off and on...

If we can garner a following it's definitely all possible.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Comment

Hey Mikey,

Sorry - about that I think I didn't read your entire question. You are correct the weft is white. I didn't think there'd be much demand for a (true) deep indigo weft, but I am working with a deep black weft run that I'm not sure will hit the site... I took the inspiration from a pair of Momotaro's that I've been wearing for a few years off and on...

If we can garner a following it's definitely all possible.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
                                If you want my opinion, it's that while I definitely see where you're coming from with there being a lot more demand for indigo-white than indigo-indigo (I think even Andrew over at 3sixteen once admitted that "everybody needs a pair of indigo jeans, but not everybody is ready for a dark navy pair" or something along those lines about his shadow selvedge), I think a great USP is that nobody offers indigo-indigo at that price point. Honestly, I know that a ton of people over at r/rawdenim are going crazy wanting indigo/indigo or indigo/black, but they don't want to drop 220 on the ST-120x (which is probably the cheapest indigo/indigo, barring N&F midnight selvedge or whatever, which is also quite popular). That being said, Unbranded and Gustin are your main competition in raw denim, particularly the former, as they don't have a three month wait time with inconsistent inventory, and UB does great indigo/white, grey, black, and 21oz, but indigo/indigo is not something in their lineup. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X