X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hector
    replied
    Originally posted by ronrob View Post
    At a 34s you have a lot less size spectrum to work with than many. I like your choice.

I tried a 38L CG slim on my son yesterday, it was far roomier in the shoulders and longer than the J. Farrar slim from JCP that I had test fitted him with. Scaling him back to a 36R.
    Would you recommend jferrrar suits?

Leave a comment:

• ronrob
    replied
    Originally posted by Hector View Post
    Thanks for the help i cant size up since this is a 34s and it fits me just right in the shoulders so ill probably deal with h&m since fit is the most important maybe try some other places too.
    At a 34s you have a lot less size spectrum to work with than many. I like your choice.

I tried a 38L CG slim on my son yesterday, it was far roomier in the shoulders and longer than the J. Farrar slim from JCP that I had test fitted him with. Scaling him back to a 36R.

Leave a comment:

• Hector
    replied
    Yes, it's either a sizing issue or a doesn't fit your body issue. That's not a pad defect. You have prominent upper arm/triceps area, like I do. Mine is from lifting. Whether it's genetic or gym work, it's there, and shoulder fit is top priority in suiting. Do not put up with that since you don't have to.

I'd be inclined to try a size up and a size down, just to see which lays better in total. If you size up you'll probably pay extra in tailoring to suppress the waist. That's what I have to do, regardless of brand. Part of the cost, and that doesn't fit well with the typical younger guy trying to get suited on a budget. It's also a slow and painful process to exchange or return with CG, unfortunately.

If H&M fits you better with less tailoring cost, I'd be inclined to go that route. And I like CG, a lot, but they aren't perfect at everything yet. I just unboxed a new navy slim fit for my son yesterday...super impressed, but product isn't everything. I have the luxury of floating the money for another purchase and return to get his jacket size right, not everyone does.
    Thanks for the help i cant size up since this is a 34s and it fits me just right in the shoulders so ill probably deal with h&m since fit is the most important maybe try some other places too.

Leave a comment:

• ronrob
    replied
    Originally posted by Hector View Post
    Its below the shoulders on the sleeves the shoulder fot well actualy but the divot persists which is strange considering h&m suits dont have this problem??? Guessing it is the cut then and pics posted.
    Yes, it's either a sizing issue or a doesn't fit your body issue. That's not a pad defect. You have prominent upper arm/triceps area, like I do. Mine is from lifting. Whether it's genetic or gym work, it's there, and shoulder fit is top priority in suiting. Do not put up with that since you don't have to.

I'd be inclined to try a size up and a size down, just to see which lays better in total. If you size up you'll probably pay extra in tailoring to suppress the waist. That's what I have to do, regardless of brand. Part of the cost, and that doesn't fit well with the typical younger guy trying to get suited on a budget. It's also a slow and painful process to exchange or return with CG, unfortunately.

If H&M fits you better with less tailoring cost, I'd be inclined to go that route. And I like CG, a lot, but they aren't perfect at everything yet. I just unboxed a new navy slim fit for my son yesterday...super impressed, but product isn't everything. I have the luxury of floating the money for another purchase and return to get his jacket size right, not everyone does.
    Last edited by ronrob; November 13, 2015, 12:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hector
    replied
    Nope. If the padding is dented, RETURN IT. They don't get better and they don't tailor out. If there's denting elsewhere, like the sleeves below the shoulders, it's probably a sizing issue. It may simply be a poor cut for your body, as a final possibility. If you post some fit pictures you may get some help.
    Its below the shoulders on the sleeves the shoulder fot well actualy but the divot persists which is strange considering h&m suits dont have this problem??? Guessing it is the cut then and pics posted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X