No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd ask them. Just email them and they can give you that info i'm sure.

Comment

I made another order from these guys, after dealing with lots of issues from them in the past. Please read carefully:

They have not changed. Their customer service is still poor and unresponsive. They still do not resolve issues in a timely fashion and make "mistakes" at the cost of the customer.

The long story:
      - I had about $30 in store credit from a previous screwup on their part, back in the days of the old ownership.
      - When they switched to new ownership, my store credit was now missing from my account.
      - I promptly e-mailed them requesting for my store credit to be reinstated.
      - Two months passed, and no resolution. I finally e-mailed them again asking for the store credit to be reinstated, and they finally did it.
      - A couple of months later, I decided I should use up the store credit and buy a pair of tuxedo shoes from them. I bought them in two sizes, using the store credit partially for my payment ($90 + $90 - $30 (store credit) = $150).
      - The shoes arrived promptly, I tried them on, and picked one pair to keep and one pair to return. I promptly returned the shoes using one of their prepaid return labels.
      - Tracking records indicated that the shoes returned on 5/3/18, well within the 30-day window.
      - 16 days passed since, and no refund, and no word from them. This is exactly what they used to do, under old ownership--once returned items were received at their warehouse, they would not issue refunds unless called. I have never dealt with a company, or even an eBay seller, who did not go ahead and issue a refund once a returned item has been received.
      - I wrote them a stern e-mail asking for a refund.
      - They then issue me a refund. Instead of refunding me $90, they refund me $60 and issue me back another $30 in store credit. Why would you issue back the store credit again if I paid in full cash for one of the pairs of shoes?

This mishap pales in comparison to the entire wedding parties that didn't receive suits in time, but still shows that CG's customer service remains lackadaisical and makes "mistakes" that leave as much cash left in their pockets unless the customer speaks up. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by lax101 View Post
        I made another order from these guys, after dealing with lots of issues from them in the past. Please read carefully:

They have not changed. Their customer service is still poor and unresponsive. They still do not resolve issues in a timely fashion and make "mistakes" at the cost of the customer.

The long story:
        - I had about $30 in store credit from a previous screwup on their part, back in the days of the old ownership.
        - When they switched to new ownership, my store credit was now missing from my account.
        - I promptly e-mailed them requesting for my store credit to be reinstated.
        - Two months passed, and no resolution. I finally e-mailed them again asking for the store credit to be reinstated, and they finally did it.
        - A couple of months later, I decided I should use up the store credit and buy a pair of tuxedo shoes from them. I bought them in two sizes, using the store credit partially for my payment ($90 + $90 - $30 (store credit) = $150).
        - The shoes arrived promptly, I tried them on, and picked one pair to keep and one pair to return. I promptly returned the shoes using one of their prepaid return labels.
        - Tracking records indicated that the shoes returned on 5/3/18, well within the 30-day window.
        - 16 days passed since, and no refund, and no word from them. This is exactly what they used to do, under old ownership--once returned items were received at their warehouse, they would not issue refunds unless called. I have never dealt with a company, or even an eBay seller, who did not go ahead and issue a refund once a returned item has been received.
        - I wrote them a stern e-mail asking for a refund.
        - They then issue me a refund. Instead of refunding me $90, they refund me $60 and issue me back another $30 in store credit. Why would you issue back the store credit again if I paid in full cash for one of the pairs of shoes?

This mishap pales in comparison to the entire wedding parties that didn't receive suits in time, but still shows that CG's customer service remains lackadaisical and makes "mistakes" that leave as much cash left in their pockets unless the customer speaks up. Unbelievable.
        Bummer. Unsurprising, but a bummer. Thank you for the update.

Comment

That sucks, I was interested in their new products

Comment

When will people learn to stop spending money with crap companies?

Comment

Originally posted by lax101 View Post

What do we expect with a name like Combatant Gentlemen? They are going to fight you tooth and nail.
              WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                What do we expect with a name like Combatant Gentlemen? They are going to fight you tooth and nail.
                If one's focus is only on the superficial, then judging by a name makes sense. I'm more interested in the value of the goods delivered. In this case it sounds as though CG's business practice has not changed, and that is too bad. For someone who only wears a suit a few times per year these products at one time were a good value. Regardless of whatever quality the product may be at this point, their customer service is unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Shife View Post
                  If one's focus is only on the superficial, then judging by a name makes sense. I'm more interested in the value of the goods delivered. In this case it sounds as though CG's business practice has not changed, and that is too bad. For someone who only wears a suit a few times per year these products at one time were a good value. Regardless of whatever quality the product may be at this point, their customer service is unacceptable.
                  As my mom used to say ... you get what you pay for. I expect better customer service from Brooks Brothers than Marshalls. They were shooting for low margin volume ... they weren't going to invest in the support team necessary for customer service. A shame for those that had to work through it but it would be better to invest your time in companies that appreciate their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                    As my mom used to say ... you get what you pay for. I expect better customer service from Brooks Brothers than Marshalls. They were shooting for low margin volume ... they weren't going to invest in the support team necessary for customer service. A shame for those that had to work through it but it would be better to invest your time in companies that appreciate their customers.
                    I appreciate the handwritten thank you notes I get from Brooks Brothers. That said, it's fiscally idiotic for me to buy one of their suits. I wear the hell out of my expensive shoes. My suits rarely leave the garment bags.

Comment

I'm going to offer a counter opinion, as I have had mostly positive experiences with CG.

I have been on the lookout for a slate blue suit, but as much as I love S&M, I couldn't bring myself to spend $300+ on a suit I definitely do not need. I saw CG had a slate blue suit, but I still did not want to spend the $260 it was listed at. I had a 15% off coupon at CG from a prior order, as well as some store credit from their rewards program. With the switch to "new ownership" (I don't know if that's real or a PR stunt), my store credit was not there, and the coupon code did not work. I opened up a chat with their support, told her my issues, and she reinstated my store credit, as well as gave me a coupon code to use for 15% off. When I was unable to apply the store credit, and when the coupon code she gave me did not work, she manually applied them to my cart, giving me the discount. I ended up paying $75 for the suit, after the discount and store credit was applied. I received the suit within 3 days of placing my order (I do live in LA, close to where CG is located).

I have various products from CG, including a couple cotton suits (one is a basic one, one is from their nicer line), an essential suit as well as a suit from their nicer line, and this suit I just got. Also have a casual wool coat, some jeans, a pair of sneakers, and the weekender bag. I had issues with one of my items not being fulfilled in the past, so I spoke with the chat support and had the issue resolved. I have not had to return any items, which I understand is where a lot of issues come from.

The basic suits (both the wool and the cotton ones I have) are nothing to write home about, but the suits from the nicer line are impressive for the price. I prefer my S&M suits, and feel those are higher quality, and would rather support S&M, but I guess I've been lucky with my experiences with CG. As long as the items are in stock, and not part of that preorder thing they were doing, they seem to be OK.

I can certainly understand why people would want to avoid them, as plenty of people have had issues, and they do not want to support their owners, but I have been happy with my purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyum View Post
                        I'm going to offer a counter opinion, as I have had mostly positive experiences with CG.

I have been on the lookout for a slate blue suit, but as much as I love S&M, I couldn't bring myself to spend $300+ on a suit I definitely do not need. I saw CG had a slate blue suit, but I still did not want to spend the $260 it was listed at. I had a 15% off coupon at CG from a prior order, as well as some store credit from their rewards program. With the switch to "new ownership" (I don't know if that's real or a PR stunt), my store credit was not there, and the coupon code did not work. I opened up a chat with their support, told her my issues, and she reinstated my store credit, as well as gave me a coupon code to use for 15% off. When I was unable to apply the store credit, and when the coupon code she gave me did not work, she manually applied them to my cart, giving me the discount. I ended up paying $75 for the suit, after the discount and store credit was applied. I received the suit within 3 days of placing my order (I do live in LA, close to where CG is located).

I have various products from CG, including a couple cotton suits (one is a basic one, one is from their nicer line), an essential suit as well as a suit from their nicer line, and this suit I just got. Also have a casual wool coat, some jeans, a pair of sneakers, and the weekender bag. I had issues with one of my items not being fulfilled in the past, so I spoke with the chat support and had the issue resolved. I have not had to return any items, which I understand is where a lot of issues come from.

The basic suits (both the wool and the cotton ones I have) are nothing to write home about, but the suits from the nicer line are impressive for the price. I prefer my S&M suits, and feel those are higher quality, and would rather support S&M, but I guess I've been lucky with my experiences with CG. As long as the items are in stock, and not part of that preorder thing they were doing, they seem to be OK.

I can certainly understand why people would want to avoid them, as plenty of people have had issues, and they do not want to support their owners, but I have been happy with my purchases.
                        How long do your basic suits from them last?

Comment

Originally posted by mochi123 View Post
                          How long do your basic suits from them last?
                          I don't wear my suits daily to work. I wear them to church and to dressier events, like weddings. I also have more suits than I need, so I rotate them pretty frequently. I always take pretty good care of my clothes too. All that said, I've had a navy essential suit from CG for at least a few years now, and it doesn't have any signs of wear or age or anything like that. Still looks new with plenty of life left.

Comment

I ordered some more suits from combat gent to see if anything had changed. I ordered two essentials suits for $240.

They sent the suits and the trousers on different hangers instead of all on one hanger. Both were in plastic. Years ago, they would pick out the trousers and put them on the hanger with the jacket before sending. I prefer this new way as it is surely faster to have the fulfillment person picking two things and putting them in a box than make-to-order assembling suit separates.

The jackets are about the same. I compared to an older jacket and the only difference appeared to be no accent stitching on the sleeve buttons. I prefer this as it is simple to move buttons, not so simple to remove and redo accent stitching when shortening sleeves.

I don't have a Renoir suit to compare to as I never wanted to pay the $250 I've seen them for, but at least in pictures, it still looks the same as what they make for the house brand.

The trousers are "vanity" size, but this hasn't changed from before. I have a 36 true waist measurement (taken recently) and I wear between a 32 and 34 in these trouser sizes. I decided to err on the no-pocket-flare side and order 34 to have them taken in. Before, when I ordered 36, they were huge... they would have been huge if I'd have done that again this time.

I didn't have to send anything back as the suit jackets fit my shoulders and chest. I'm not sure if their refund process has improved.

They send their orders in a reasonable amount of time now. I ordered them standard shipping and they were sent the next day and arrived a couple of days later. That's much different from however long it took last time I ordered from here.

Comment

I have a few suits from them , from before the fiasco and a couple after. Other than not having one arrive in a reasonable time, I’ve never had an issue with them. I do have to have them tailored, but the jacket needs little alteration in the shoulder for me. Sleeve length is generally good, only a little taken in in the waist of the coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm bumping this because I was just browsing around for a double monk boot and google sent me to their site.

https://combatgent.com/products/blac...ble-monk-strap

I'd suggest that you read the description. And then look at the photos of the product.

Comment

Working...
                                X