Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    If they sourced their suits as haphazardly as it seems they did
    From the ones I own and ordered/returned, there was definite variance. This wasn't reflected in the price very clearly. For example, I have a suit from them I paid $200 for that I continue to get compliments on and one for $160 that my tailor instantly questioned what was up with the "cheap" suit.

Comment

Originally posted by CMAc7 View Post
      I think this is a distinction without a difference. Nobody is producing a $150 retail priced suit that is of remarkable or distinctive quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      And 99.9% of the people you meet in a given day either don't care or can't recognize the difference between a CG suit or a Brooks Brothers suit. If you personally appreciate and value the refinement of a high end product, then I can both appreciate and relate to that. If you think everyone you meet cares, you're likely mistaken.

I own one of these $160 suits and I agree that it is certainly nothing special. It's something I'll rarely wear and for its purpose it is good value. I also own two of their Summit suits. The fabric and construction of those is at a much higher level and I am more than satisfied with what I received vs what paid. Like it or not, for a time this company did deliver a quality product at a low price. They also apparently got in way over their heads and lost the trust of their market by being dishonest about the realities of their situation.

It's easy to make sheep jokes based on the way they marketed their stake in a supply chain, but the real focus should be on what is currently going on. Who now owns this company, or is this more of Vishaal's dishonesty? That's the real story here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shife View Post
        And 99.9% of the people you meet in a given day either don't care or can't recognize the difference between a CG suit or a Brooks Brothers suit. If you personally appreciate and value the refinement of a high end product, then I can both appreciate and relate to that. If you think everyone you meet cares, you're likely mistaken.

I own one of these $160 suits and I agree that it is certainly nothing special. It's something I'll rarely wear and for its purpose it is good value. I also own two of their Summit suits. The fabric and construction of those is at a much higher level and I am more than satisfied with what I received vs what paid. Like it or not, for a time this company did deliver a quality product at a low price. They also apparently got in way over their heads and lost the trust of their market by being dishonest about the realities of their situation.

It's easy to make sheep jokes based on the way they marketed their stake in a supply chain, but the real focus should be on what is currently going on. Who now owns this company, or is this more of Vishaal's dishonesty? That's the real story here.
        I’m glad we agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a few of their suits, no complaints here, after tailoring. Buttons are cheap, but the drape isn't bad, nor is the fabric. My wife purchased one for me in July, which naturally wasn't delivered. I contacted the local news (I'm in SoCal, and we actually went to the show room in Irvine to purchase, which had to be done through the computer/website at the store...) to no avail. I've recently received an email from the company, asking to file a claim for store credit. So I've done it, and we'll wait. Basically I think that money is gone, and we're having her bank look into getting the refund, but I think that ship has sailed. The only recourse seems to be purchase through the company, so fingers crossed. I doubt I'll but from them again.

Comment

I have a CG suit that I've been wearing about once a week for over 2 years now. It fits pretty well with just minor tailoring, and it's been holding up relatively well for how little I paid. I had to contact the customer service for some product/order inquiry before order, and they were prompt.

But that was before the business went down the toilet, and I don't know how their product and services are now.

Comment

Originally posted by tayloreuph View Post
              I have a few of their suits, no complaints here, after tailoring. Buttons are cheap, but the drape isn't bad, nor is the fabric. My wife purchased one for me in July, which naturally wasn't delivered. I contacted the local news (I'm in SoCal, and we actually went to the show room in Irvine to purchase, which had to be done through the computer/website at the store...) to no avail. I've recently received an email from the company, asking to file a claim for store credit. So I've done it, and we'll wait. Basically I think that money is gone, and we're having her bank look into getting the refund, but I think that ship has sailed. The only recourse seems to be purchase through the company, so fingers crossed. I doubt I'll but from them again.
              Taking orders for suits that they don't deliver, can't deliver, and won't deliver sounds like credit card fraud and probably mail fraud as well. I would think your credit card company would refund you if you report it that way.

I'm shocked the website is still up and taking orders.
              WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                Taking orders for suits that they don't deliver, can't deliver, and won't deliver sounds like credit card fraud and probably mail fraud as well. I would think your credit card company would refund you if you report it that way.

I'm shocked the website is still up and taking orders.
                They're under "new" management.

Comment

I've recently contacted them about some stuff, they got back to me in the same day, which is a good sign. I will still be very cautious though.

Comment

just ordered a suit to try out from them. I sent them an email saying how in the world could anyone trust them after what happened. The spokesperson who contacted me, apologized for it, understood what had happened before and said that's why they only sell the current suits on the website. She offered me a $30 credit ( I hadn't asked about it at all nor did I want any kind of discount) so I decided to give it a shot. Put it on my credit card, just in case I run into issues so we'll see how things go. Not expecting anything great or amazing, just wanting to see how it compares.

Comment

Originally posted by jwfrasier View Post
                      just ordered a suit to try out from them. I sent them an email saying how in the world could anyone trust them after what happened. The spokesperson who contacted me, apologized for it, understood what had happened before and said that's why they only sell the current suits on the website. She offered me a $30 credit ( I hadn't asked about it at all nor did I want any kind of discount) so I decided to give it a shot. Put it on my credit card, just in case I run into issues so we'll see how things go. Not expecting anything great or amazing, just wanting to see how it compares.
                      I see, please let us know how it is when you receive it!

Comment

How did this go?

Comment

It surprisingly went really well. I got the suit and it arrived within the time frame that the customer service representative told me. Suit is much nicer than your standard $160 suit at this price point (unless you bought a jcrew factory thompson suit) and since I got it for $130, I think it's a good bargain. Suit is pretty slim although I am a skinny guy (6ft 1, 140lbs) so I had a ittle tailoring in the sides. I got a 36r for the jacket. The pants fit perfect and surprisingly well in the butt region (skinny guy problems means you don't have much of a butt).

Overall, I would buy again. Nothing overpromised, just simple nice suit that I'll use.

Comment

It surprisingly went really well. I got the suit and it arrived within the time frame that the customer service representative told me. Suit is much nicer than your standard $160 suit at this price point (unless you bought a jcrew factory thompson suit) and since I got it for $130, I think it's a good bargain. Suit is pretty slim although I am a skinny guy (6ft 1, 140lbs) so I had a ittle tailoring in the sides. I got a 36r for the jacket. The pants fit perfect and surprisingly well in the butt region (skinny guy problems means you don't have much of a butt).

Overall, I would buy again. Nothing overpromised, just simple nice suit that I'll use.
                            Out of curiosity, how long are CG jackets? I'm a thin 6'2" and find that even size 38R jackets in most brands are too short. Size 40 is often just too large.

Comment

[MENTION=15502]Spex[/MENTION] Would the 38L be too long on you?

Comment

Originally posted by akosmowski View Post
                                [MENTION=15502]Spex[/MENTION] Would the 38L be too long on you?
                                I don't know how long a CG 38L would be. I've tried on 38Ls from Samuelsohn that were just too long, but I have a 40L from Brooks Brother Red Fleece that is still slightly short. I'm not looking to buy a CG suit or jacket. I was just wondering if a 36 would be long enough for someone over 6 feet tall.

Comment

Working...
                                X