No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided to give them a little more time to deliver on the order. So I waited until yesterday to contact them about an update, not even asking if it's shipped. I got a response saying that my order won't ship until mid-June, but they offered a free upgrade to two-day shipping. Unbelievable, a 4-6 week timeline turned into a 12-14 week timeline because they don't know how to get their products shipped. I asked how they can say the delay is unforeseen when so many customers have reported delays at different times of the year. The response I got was "we didn't want it happen," a complete non-response. I asked for a refund, let's see if it takes them 3 months to do that, too. After being an avid support of Combat Gent for the last couple of years, I am officially done ordering from them. Decent product, absolute shit logistics and service, not worth my time at all anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
      I decided to give them a little more time to deliver on the order. So I waited until yesterday to contact them about an update, not even asking if it's shipped. I got a response saying that my order won't ship until mid-June, but they offered a free upgrade to two-day shipping. Unbelievable, a 4-6 week timeline turned into a 12-14 week timeline because they don't know how to get their products shipped. I asked how they can say the delay is unforeseen when so many customers have reported delays at different times of the year. The response I got was "we didn't want it happen," a complete non-response. I asked for a refund, let's see if it takes them 3 months to do that, too. After being an avid support of Combat Gent for the last couple of years, I am officially done ordering from them. Decent product, absolute shit logistics and service, not worth my time at all anymore.
      If I were to venture a guess.....this kinda stuff sounds very much to me like a company that doesn't pay it's bills to its vendors and then makes up excuses to its customers. I'll be the founder/owner of the company isn't hurting though. My prediction......this company ceases to exist in the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by CptSlow View Post
        If I were to venture a guess.....this kinda stuff sounds very much to me like a company that doesn't pay it's bills to its vendors and then makes up excuses to its customers. I'll be the founder/owner of the company isn't hurting though. My prediction......this company ceases to exist in the next year.
        You're probably right. A business can only do so much harm to their reputation before they can't recover. I could live with their lack of inventory, because that means people are buying stuff. I can't except the incompetence of their preorder system. They consistently fail to deliver preorder items on time, but insist on making promises that they can't keep.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
          You're probably right. A business can only do so much harm to their reputation before they can't recover. I could live with their lack of inventory, because that means people are buying stuff. I can't except the incompetence of their preorder system. They consistently fail to deliver preorder items on time, but insist on making promises that they can't keep.
          They're lack of inventory does not necessarily mean people are buying stuff. If they aren't paying their suppliers, they won't be able to get stuff to sell. I've worked for a company years ago that did this very thing. My guess is that they're shafting suppliers, and customers when they can get away with it, and the top guy is lining his pockets while he/she bankrupts the company.

Comment

Originally posted by CptSlow View Post
            They're lack of inventory does not necessarily mean people are buying stuff. If they aren't paying their suppliers, they won't be able to get stuff to sell. I've worked for a company years ago that did this very thing. My guess is that they're shafting suppliers, and customers when they can get away with it, and the top guy is lining his pockets while he/she bankrupts the company.
            I have gotten to where I wonder if that is not their strategy with returns too.....take the product back, repackage and resale it, keep the original buyers money unless they continually bug you about it.....hey maybe the second buyer will return it too and now you have a shot at getting paid three times for one piece of inventory

Comment

Originally posted by Me27 View Post
              I have gotten to where I wonder if that is not their strategy with returns too.....take the product back, repackage and resale it, keep the original buyers money unless they continually bug you about it.....hey maybe the second buyer will return it too and now you have a shot at getting paid three times for one piece of inventory
              Exactly what I was talking about....

Comment

Ugh these are not the kind of things I need to be reading 7 weeks before my wedding...praying they show up in the next few weeks. Oddly enough a friend of mine bought one of the wedding style suits from them as well and he got his within 2 weeks...so why do they need 4 months leadup? I'm concerned but at this point I think I'd better just hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by ActuarialStudent View Post
                  Ugh these are not the kind of things I need to be reading 7 weeks before my wedding...praying they show up in the next few weeks. Oddly enough a friend of mine bought one of the wedding style suits from them as well and he got his within 2 weeks...so why do they need 4 months leadup? I'm concerned but at this point I think I'd better just hope for the best.
                  I've lost all faith in CG. I would bail while I still have time to make alternate arrangements. Something is very wrong with this company. Vishaal used to be fairly active in reaching out. The company, despite Vishaal's assurances to the contrary, appears to have grown too quickly and is now a complete mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Shife View Post
                    I've lost all faith in CG. I would bail while I still have time to make alternate arrangements. Something is very wrong with this company. Vishaal used to be fairly active in reaching out. The company, despite Vishaal's assurances to the contrary, appears to have grown too quickly and is now a complete mess.
                    So I didn't bail and suits ended up shipping about a week later than planned - it's honestly a pretty solid suit for the price.

The weird thing is, I added a 42L on to my order because I realized I needed to go a size up, so I received two jackets, ostensibly the same style. They are most certainly not the same style - lining is very different between them. I think there's some minor differences in the weave of the fabric but not major. The color also seems to be just a tiny bit off, but not enough to be noticeable. The one I'm going to wear seems to match my pants better but it's hard to tell. So odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Me27 View Post
                      I finally got my money back for a return placed in early February!! I placed an order Dec 8 with an estimated ship date of i think the 16th... It didnt end up shipping until the end of January, and a return was issued in early Feb. I contacted in early March, they said they still had not received the item, and somehow didnt have tracking for the return slip that they issued. In April I emailed again, and said this is unacceptable, there is no way it isnt there yet, and demanded my refund. Customer service emailed me back saying that my refund had been issued, and I should receive a confirmation.

Fast forward to yesterday, I still did not have a confirmation, and still did not have any credit to my account. Emailed again threatening a chargeback, and received the confirmation right away. They know exactly what they are doing. This is a 100% messed up company. Will never ever order from them again, this isnt the first time I had an issue with them and their return policies but it is definitely the tipping point.

Comment

Originally posted by eparchos View Post
                        I finally got my money back for a return placed in early February!! I placed an order Dec 8 with an estimated ship date of i think the 16th... It didnt end up shipping until the end of January, and a return was issued in early Feb. I contacted in early March, they said they still had not received the item, and somehow didnt have tracking for the return slip that they issued. In April I emailed again, and said this is unacceptable, there is no way it isnt there yet, and demanded my refund. Customer service emailed me back saying that my refund had been issued, and I should receive a confirmation.

Fast forward to yesterday, I still did not have a confirmation, and still did not have any credit to my account. Emailed again threatening a chargeback, and received the confirmation right away. They know exactly what they are doing. This is a 100% messed up company. Will never ever order from them again, this isnt the first time I had an issue with them and their return policies but it is definitely the tipping point.
                        I had a nearly identical experience with them (took over 3 months to get my refund) and have since stayed far away. I lurk in this forum to see if maybe they had gotten any better but it appears not.

Comment

I just received my drivers that were ordered in February. Goal was to get money back, but delayed and voila they showed up 3 months after the fact. I like them, too, and would order more but this customer service situation is so crappy.

Comment

Originally posted by metallica81788 View Post
                            I like them, too, and would order more but this customer service situation is so crappy.
                            Honestly, this is how I feel. From a product standpoint, once they've delivered the quality is fine given the price point. But I refuse to support a company that treats their customers like that. If thats how they keep prices low, then oh well. I dont want any part in that.

Comment

I wonder if they're done? I just checked their site, and they have almost no stock left in suits, and none of their social media has been updated since late July when they got a ton of bad press...
                              Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                              Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                              --Jason Isbell

Comment

That seems to me to be the case.

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                                I wonder if they're done? I just checked their site, and they have almost no stock left in suits, and none of their social media has been updated since late July when they got a ton of bad press...

Comment

Working...
                                X