No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm done with them. It's too bad because I've generally been quite happy with the product. I have three of their suits, dress pants, a blazer, topcoat, peacoat, a few shirts, two pairs of shoes, a couple ties, several pocket squares and some of their knits.

I recently ordered two more knit cardigans to wear this summer at work (chilly office). They were in stock and shipped quickly, but the large now fits like a small. They were waaaay smaller than the previous ones had ordered last year. I sent them back a week ago and now I get to play stupid games to get my money refunded. When things are in stock and the sizing is on, they are great. When things go wrong, it requires way too much effort to straighten them out. I thought about trying a larger size, but between shipping and tying money up in a sluggish return process, I was afraid it would literally be months just trying to straighten out a simple exchange.

Comment

Arrggghh, I am so tired of this company. Why oh why do I keep putting myself through this just to try and save money? I swear I must be a masochist. Customer service is still non-existent with them, and they have had years to fix their problems. Returns are an absolute nightmare, and exchanges are even worse. I tried calling them today (it seems they got rid of their chat help), and nobody would even answer the damn phone. A month worth of wasted time and effort to get a tux for my sons prom.

Comment

Helping out my fiancée's cousin with a suit for our wedding in May. It was supposed to ship on 01/29. Getting kind of worried...

Comment

Ordered ToeCaps Oxford in Brown early November with late November ship date.

1/11 - Chat with CSR indicates they expect to ship in within the next week.

1/18 - Chat with CSR again indicate they expect to ship within the next week. Currently the description for preorder says expected ship date of 1/29/17.
          1/30 - Still no shipping notification.

Just checked the website and it has been updated to EST. SHIP DATE: 2/15/17.
          Anyone here with experience of the cap toes oxfords? Worth it for me to keep waiting? Or should I ask for a refund. Order was placed back in November.

2/14/17 Update - Website now shows estimated ship date of 3/15/17.

3/18/17 Update - Website now shows estimated ship date of 4/15/17.

Maybe we're missing their business motto. "Interest free loans"

I mean looking at the website I would say more than half of the sales is probably preorder?

Comment

If they put as much time into customer service as they do marketing they might be OK. I've read to many bad things, staying away.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sjr View Post
              Helping out my fiancée's cousin with a suit for our wedding in May. It was supposed to ship on 01/29. Getting kind of worried...
              Time to bail on that and get to Suit Supply or Spier and Mackay. It can sometimes take a busy tailor 2-3 weeks for alterations, you need that time built in. Plus peace of mind is worth something. I like CG, but it's gotten ridiculous of late.

Comment

Originally posted by thedude1980 View Post
                If they put as much time into customer service as they do marketing they might be OK. I've read to many bad things, staying away.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
                Plus the have the latest ABC's The Bachelor modeling for them now? Seems to be an attention grab.

I follow their Snapchat and... it's kinda awful. Videos are mostly closeups on their faces and the product / model vids. No new info versus the website. Actually... I'm gonna unfollow. Pointless.

Caveat: everything I've ordered has shipped / arrived well on time. Starting to think I'm lucky.
                6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by Shife View Post
                  I think I'm done with them. It's too bad because I've generally been quite happy with the product. I have three of their suits, dress pants, a blazer, topcoat, peacoat, a few shirts, two pairs of shoes, a couple ties, several pocket squares and some of their knits.

I recently ordered two more knit cardigans to wear this summer at work (chilly office). They were in stock and shipped quickly, but the large now fits like a small. They were waaaay smaller than the previous ones had ordered last year. I sent them back a week ago and now I get to play stupid games to get my money refunded. When things are in stock and the sizing is on, they are great. When things go wrong, it requires way too much effort to straighten them out. I thought about trying a larger size, but between shipping and tying money up in a sluggish return process, I was afraid it would literally be months just trying to straighten out a simple exchange.
                  Just to update.. I had to call to get them to "process" my return. So now I get to watch my card account for a week or so to make sure they actually refund the money. Be forewarned: They will no longer refund your shipping. I was quite bothered by this, as the sizing of the items has clearly changed, because I already own two of the same item in different colors. Their customer service is somehow actually worse than before. I have a store credit left that I will blow on something like a pocket square and after that I will no longer take any chances with Combatant Gentlemen. This is too much nonsense for what should be straightforward customer service issues.

Comment

So I went with CG for my wedding (I remembered them having solid reviews several years back, and they had really good pricing)...I used their "wedding" feature to get the suit I wanted, and it was an order date of February 17th with a ship date of May 17th.

Should I bail? Some of my groomsmen also got suits from them so It'd be a bit of a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by ActuarialStudent View Post
                      So I went with CG for my wedding (I remembered them having solid reviews several years back, and they had really good pricing)...I used their "wedding" feature to get the suit I wanted, and it was an order date of February 17th with a ship date of May 17th.

Should I bail? Some of my groomsmen also got suits from them so It'd be a bit of a mess.
                      When is your wedding? If it's in August or September, you should be fine in case there's a delay. If it's in June....good luck? I'll let you know if my MTO suit is delivered within the 4-6 week timeframe they gave me.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
                        When is your wedding? If it's in August or September, you should be fine in case there's a delay. If it's in June....good luck? I'll let you know if my MTO suit is delivered within the 4-6 week timeframe they gave me.
                        It is a June 24 wedding. I inputted the wedding date a week in advance just in case - guess I should've done a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by ActuarialStudent View Post
                          It is a June 24 wedding. I inputted the wedding date a week in advance just in case - guess I should've done a few months.
                          You gave them a pretty good window of time, I've just read some stories about guys not getting their stuff on time even when they give a lit of lead time. It's not the end of the world if my one suit isn't done in 6 weeks, but a company should be able to follow through on their commitments.

Comment

This company is a joke!! 5 months and counting on their captoe oxfords that they keep saying shipment delay.... POS for an excuse!! Every time is the same lame excuse that their shipment is delayed in customs. Finally gave up and demanded my money back. Lessons learned!!

Comment

Originally posted by pv7740 View Post
                              This company is a joke!! 5 months and counting on their captoe oxfords that they keep saying shipment delay.... POS for an excuse!! Every time is the same lame excuse that their shipment is delayed in customs. Finally gave up and demanded my money back. Lessons learned!!
                              Going to cancel mine as well. Pre-Order since November.

Calling and on hold for over 20minutes.
                              Last edited by dtam; April 20, 2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

I contacted them last night about my suit order, since this is the end of the 4-6 week delivery time. They responded today that they "expect" it to ship by mid-May. I'm in no urgent need, but they can't keep up with their own commitments. I think I'm going to ask for a refund. I would already be wearing the suit if I ordered from Spier or Suit Supply.

Comment

Working...
                                X