No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thx for the info, their tool suggest I get a full size or 2 smaller depending on cut. Last suit i bought is a 42R but I have lost some weight since then, plus I dont think it ever fit just right. As long as I can return with no issues I may have to try them out. Ive had issues getting suit pants for 33W, not sure if Im in the Slim category.

Comment

• Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I will be graduating from law school in spring of 2017, and so I need to get more suits. I am considering getting a couple CG made to measure suits. I have searched the forums, but haven't seen anyone weigh in on their made to measure products specifically. Time is not so much a factor for me, but price definitely is, and I would like to know how their made to measure suits compare to others in that price range. Link to their made to measure section here for the curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by jibberjabberfool View Post
        Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I will be graduating from law school in spring of 2017, and so I need to get more suits. I am considering getting a couple CG made to measure suits. I have searched the forums, but haven't seen anyone weigh in on their made to measure products specifically. Time is not so much a factor for me, but price definitely is, and I would like to know how their made to measure suits compare to others in that price range. Link to their made to measure section here for the curious.
        Frankly, for the price point they want, I'd rather get a couple Spier & MacKay or SuitSupply Napoli/Lazio line, and just get them tailored.
        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jibberjabberfool View Post
          Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I will be graduating from law school in spring of 2017, and so I need to get more suits. I am considering getting a couple CG made to measure suits. I have searched the forums, but haven't seen anyone weigh in on their made to measure products specifically. Time is not so much a factor for me, but price definitely is, and I would like to know how their made to measure suits compare to others in that price range. Link to their made to measure section here for the curious.
          I agree with [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION]. The CG suits are a good value at $160 or $240. The made to order ($340) and made to measure ($450+) is overpriced. There are other companies that make well-fitting off the rack suits (minor alterations) for less.

Comment

• Originally posted by armedferret View Post
            Frankly, for the price point they want, I'd rather get a couple Spier & MacKay or SuitSupply Napoli/Lazio line, and just get them tailored.
            If going MTM I would highly advise springing for an OTR Spier & Mackay suit and just get it tailored instead. Act soon though! This weekend you can get their suits for ballpark $299 USD with the promo code THANKYOU.

Comment

• anyone have any of their chinos?

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjamin Polyester III View Post
                anyone have any of their chinos?
                I have 2 pairs of the slim-straight and I'm a fan. The fabric is very comfortable and they are holding up well to weekly wear at a job where I spend all day walking and bending. I haven't tried the newer endurance chinos and won't unless they go on sale.

Comment

• Any update on the made in Italy collection?

Comment

• Anyone else had an issue with toecap? I ordered a pair of driving loafers back at the start of August, I was told they were back-ordered for several weeks when I bought them; however, it has been almost 3 months since my order and the delivery date keeps being pushed back. Every time I ask they say it will be another month before they will ship.

They look like solid shoes, but it is extremely frustrating to not have any real idea of if or when I will ever get them after 3 months of waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamin View Post
                      Anyone else had an issue with toecap? I ordered a pair of driving loafers back at the start of August, I was told they were back-ordered for several weeks when I bought them; however, it has been almost 3 months since my order and the delivery date keeps being pushed back. Every time I ask they say it will be another month before they will ship.

They look like solid shoes, but it is extremely frustrating to not have any real idea of if or when I will ever get them after 3 months of waiting.

same. i ordered tan chelseas at the end of sept, or very start of oct. so its been two months.

ive written them off.

Comment

• I will never pre-order frim CG anymore. Their dates are always moving targets. The coming soon page needs to be renamed to something more accurate, as well. I suggest "Coming Eventually."

Comment

• Originally posted by ncf05 View Post
                          same. i ordered tan chelseas at the end of sept, or very start of oct. so its been two months.

ive written them off.
                          Originally posted by Jamin View Post
                          Anyone else had an issue with toecap? I ordered a pair of driving loafers back at the start of August, I was told they were back-ordered for several weeks when I bought them; however, it has been almost 3 months since my order and the delivery date keeps being pushed back. Every time I ask they say it will be another month before they will ship.

Hi ncf05 and Jamin,

Huge apologies for the delays. We've unfortunately been directly affected by a third-party fiasco (check out recent news on Hanjin), causing severe delays with some of our products. This is no excuse, of course, but rest assured our team is diligently working to make sure all delayed orders are delivered ASAP.

In the meantime, we'd be more than happy to look into the status of your orders and make things right. Look out for DMs in your inboxes shortly!

-CG

Comment

• I got a free tie from them at an event and it felt like plastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamin View Post

I got the suede double monks a few weeks late. Suede looked and felt nice but the shoe didn't quite fit so I returned them.

Comment

• So I'm thinking of using their wedding suit service for our wedding - has anyone used it? If they don't ship a month before as promised do you get some sort of refund?

Comment

Working...
                                X