Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gilla View Post
    Has anyone else had their experience with Combat Gent been terrible lately?
    I ordered 2 suits in August and they cancelled one a week later due to a manufacturing error and the other was cancelled 2 weeks after ordering because the size was no longer available (only one of them has been refunded to date).
    On top of that they are apparently charging COD now, as I've had it on an order in March, which they refunded me for, and I have an order at the post office I refuse to pick up since it has an $80 COD on a replacement weekender bag as the shoulder strap broke. I love the products but am afraid to purchase anything going forward due to the poor customer service they have.

I was very impressed with the customer service I received when they first started out, but I'm afraid they may have grown too fast and lost that personal touch.
    About two months ago I ordered a sport coat from them, it arrived a few days later with no problem. The construction and material quality was great (for what I paid), but it was way too big for me so I got on their website, printed out a return shipping label, and sent it back. Three weeks later I still had not received my refund so I called. Someone picked up on the second ring, i told them my situation, they apologized for the delay and said i would have my refund in the next couple days. The next day the money was back in my bank account...about this same time they were running a sale so I decided i'd try anther coat in a smaller size. Again it arrived quickly, this one fit great in the shoulders and chest (where the other one had been way off), but I could not get over how chopped it was....like this thing ended at my belt line. So, once again I got on their website to print a return label (which i was quite disappointed about because if it had been about 3 inches longer i would have loved it). Anyway, to my surprise, when I pulled up my order there was no option to print a return shipping label. I ended up emailing them, within an hour I got a response with a shipping label attached. That was about a week and a half ago, still no money refunded, but their website does say it can take up to two weeks to process a return. I am anticipating in a week i'll have to call them again to inquire about it. All that to say I would not call my experiences with them terrible, but it has been a bit inconvenient, maybe I have just been spoiled by companies like amazon and nordstom, but having to email them for shipping returns, wait several weeks, and follow up constantly is not great customer service in this day and age.

Comment

[MENTION=15504]Me27[/MENTION] which sport coat did you get? I have one of their travel blazers and I don't find it to be chopped at all.

Comment

I ordered 2 suits in August and they cancelled one a week later due to a manufacturing error and the other was cancelled 2 weeks after ordering because the size was no longer available (only one of them has been refunded to date).
        On top of that they are apparently charging COD now, as I've had it on an order in March, which they refunded me for, and I have an order at the post office I refuse to pick up since it has an $80 COD on a replacement weekender bag as the shoulder strap broke. I love the products but am afraid to purchase anything going forward due to the poor customer service they have.

I was very impressed with the customer service I received when they first started out, but I'm afraid they may have grown too fast and lost that personal touch.
        Hi gilla,

So sorry you’ve been experiencing issues with us but hoping we can make things right here. Can you DM me the Order # of that second suit you haven’t been refunded for? We’ll make sure the refund is processed today.

Regarding COD, this is unfortunately a charge that’s out of our control. There’s a customs and tax fee that the Canadian government charges international freight forwarders, and they bill customers accordingly. We never apply COD charges directly and that money never comes back to us.

Let us know if you have any questions. Looking forward to your DM in the meantime.

-CG

Originally posted by Me27 View Post
        About two months ago I ordered a sport coat from them, it arrived a few days later with no problem. The construction and material quality was great (for what I paid), but it was way too big for me so I got on their website, printed out a return shipping label, and sent it back. Three weeks later I still had not received my refund so I called. Someone picked up on the second ring, i told them my situation, they apologized for the delay and said i would have my refund in the next couple days. The next day the money was back in my bank account...about this same time they were running a sale so I decided i'd try anther coat in a smaller size. Again it arrived quickly, this one fit great in the shoulders and chest (where the other one had been way off), but I could not get over how chopped it was....like this thing ended at my belt line. So, once again I got on their website to print a return label (which i was quite disappointed about because if it had been about 3 inches longer i would have loved it). Anyway, to my surprise, when I pulled up my order there was no option to print a return shipping label. I ended up emailing them, within an hour I got a response with a shipping label attached. That was about a week and a half ago, still no money refunded, but their website does say it can take up to two weeks to process a return. I am anticipating in a week i'll have to call them again to inquire about it. All that to say I would not call my experiences with them terrible, but it has been a bit inconvenient, maybe I have just been spoiled by companies like amazon and nordstom, but having to email them for shipping returns, wait several weeks, and follow up constantly is not great customer service in this day and age.
        Hi Me27,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’re diligently working on automating our refunds system so the process is painless and streamlined all around. If you don’t receive your refund within the specified timeframe, DM us with your Order # and we’ll be sure to look into it. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns as well.

-CG

Comment

Originally posted by Combatant Gentlemen View Post
          Hi gilla,

So sorry you’ve been experiencing issues with us but hoping we can make things right here. Can you DM me the Order # of that second suit you haven’t been refunded for? We’ll make sure the refund is processed today.

Regarding COD, this is unfortunately a charge that’s out of our control. There’s a customs and tax fee that the Canadian government charges international freight forwarders, and they bill customers accordingly. We never apply COD charges directly and that money never comes back to us.

Let us know if you have any questions. Looking forward to your DM in the meantime.

-CG

Hi Me27,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’re diligently working on automating our refunds system so the process is painless and streamlined all around. If you don’t receive your refund within the specified timeframe, DM us with your Order # and we’ll be sure to look into it. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns as well.

-CG
          thanks for the follow up!

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
            [MENTION=15504]Me27[/MENTION] which sport coat did you get? I have one of their travel blazers and I don't find it to be chopped at all.
            hey, it was one of the wool Slim Fit Travel Blazers. To be fair I am very tall, but "L" sizes from most other brands (SuitSupply, Ralph Lauren, Brooks Brothers, ect) fit me just fine. Based on the size chart shown on their website I thought the Travel Blazer would be plenty long for me, but as I said, it barely cleared my belt line....might just be my body type does not get along with their cuts, or maybe for their L sizes CG doesn't add as much length as other companies.

Comment

Yep.
              Ordered a suit, didn't hear anything for 7 business days regarding shipment status. "Hey CG where's my stuff?" Turns out the pants size I selected wasn't actually available... and the order just sat there quietly instead of them letting me know.

The sizes above and below were available, I tried the smaller. Too small. "Hey CG can I exchange these for the other?" Sure. Sent them back. I see the exchange was delivered to them. 7 days later, "Hey CG, has my exchanged item shipped out yet?" And right on cue, my exchange shipped the next day.

Customers shouldn't be responsible for monitoring their own orders/exchanges/returns. Seems like I'm not the only one either.

Comment

Has everyone who ordered suits found the CG fit guide to be true, or have you just ordered the size you normally buy in? I have a 42R Slim suit that i bought from Pennys that is too tight if i do the "hug" test, but i also have a couple non-slim ebay jackets in 42R that fit well. CG fit guide puts me in a 40R which i think is too small especially since I'm leaning towards getting the slim slate birdeye suit. My second choice is a modern fit navy which i feel more confident the size will fit. Any help would be appreciated .
                Thanks,
                -e

Comment

I am about a 40/41R in Brooks Brothers and a 42R in J. Crew Ludlow/J. Crew Factory Thompson.

I fit well in a CG 42R slim fit. Don't know about the modern fit though.

Comment

Originally posted by MaitreTea View Post
                    I am about a 40/41R in Brooks Brothers and a 42R in J. Crew Ludlow/J. Crew Factory Thompson.

I fit well in a CG 42R slim fit. Don't know about the modern fit though.
                    Hmm... looks like ill give the 42R a shot. thanks for the reply.

Comment

CGs fit guide indicated a 38R for me in their modern fit. I ended up needing a 40R. I have suits as well as sportcoats in both their modern fit and their new tailored fit in this size and I have not needed any tailoring on the jackets (I've had to have all of my pants from them altered). I have not yet tried to size up for any of their slim fit suits.

Comment

Did you actually get your bag? I ordered at beginning of September and received an email today that the bags are delayed another month minimum. jesus need something to carry suits in like this and ordering 2 months in advance for a trip isn't enough? wow!! won't shop there again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P Allen II View Post
                          Did you actually get your bag? I ordered at beginning of September and received an email today that the bags are delayed another month minimum. jesus need something to carry suits in like this and ordering 2 months in advance for a trip isn't enough? wow!! won't shop there again.
                          Sincere apologies about this. We're working as fast as we possibly can to ship out all Weekender Bag orders, and we can't thank you enough for your patience and understanding as we sort through these delays.

-CG

Comment

New here, 1st post....looking for a quality suit in the $200 range. Have visited JAB, MW Macys etc and then found this.

Ive never ordered clothing online let alone a suit. Im concern of how accurate sizing is on ordering a CG suit.

Seems like reviews are mixed on CG, but am I correct its still a better option that the listed stores, def not looking at $500 plus suits, I just need a "Good" suit for the few annual occasions that pop up.

Comment

I found sizing to be accurate as listed on their site.
                              6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by ndnboy View Post
                                New here, 1st post....looking for a quality suit in the $200 range. Have visited JAB, MW Macys etc and then found this.

Ive never ordered clothing online let alone a suit. Im concern of how accurate sizing is on ordering a CG suit.

Seems like reviews are mixed on CG, but am I correct its still a better option that the listed stores, def not looking at $500 plus suits, I just need a "Good" suit for the few annual occasions that pop up.
                                I've tried a few items from CG and my experience has been that the quality is definitely a step up from similarly priced items that you would typically find at a department store or suit chain type place. Unfortunately, none of the items i have tried have gotten along with my body type. I have only tried the Modern and Slim fit and have a feeling the Tailored is what I need, but they have a fairly limited selection in that cut and it is mostly more expensive items. Anyway, their stuff might fit you great. I would say if you are not in a rush to get the suit its definitely worth giving them a try. They have free returns and exchanges, but that brings me to my other issue with them. It seems to take 3-4 weeks for them to process a return or exchange...so again, if you are in any type of rush or you don't want your $200 to be potentially tied up for a month, I would shop elsewhere. If your not in a rush though, their stuff is really great quality for the price so probably worth giving a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X