Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    sorry, the winky face was insinuating a mostly tongue-in-cheek response. poor comm's on my part...
    No worries

Comment

[MENTION=12189]Combatant Gentlemen[/MENTION] any update on the summit blazers? Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
        [MENTION=12189]Combatant Gentlemen[/MENTION] any update on the summit blazers? Pics?
        We're looking at mid-August. Keep your eyes peeled! Sharing some teasers here in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by Combatant Gentlemen View Post
          We're looking at mid-August. Keep your eyes peeled! Sharing some teasers here in the meantime.
          Those look really nice, especially the pattern matching on the pockets. Any way we can get in on them before they hit the site? Your new stuff tends to sell out of normal sizes pretty quickly.

Comment

Hi All. Just a heads up that Combat Gent is having a 25% off site-wide sale. I picked up the slim fit navy plaid suit, a pair of chinos, and a tie. This will be my 3rd slim fit suit from CG - I picked up a charcoal and navy slim fit earlier this spring/summer. I also purchases/received the tailored fit cotton gray suit and its at the tailor right now. Overall, I've been happy with them. I'm a government contractor and wear suits pretty much 4 days a week and the CG suits have replaced a couple of my Macy's and outlet suits that have found their way to goodwill after years of use. I feel like the CG suits offer good value and are descent looking and fit well.

Also, first time poster but have been lurking for a few months while I've been trying to replace some of my suits and update my wardrobe. Appreciate the great advice, ideas, tips, etc captured here.

Comment

I got that 25% off e-mail too. Went into the site and seems like prices are all normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Goalieman24 View Post
                I got that 25% off e-mail too. Went into the site and seems like prices are all normal?
                It's automatically taken off in the cart. Works for their shoe preorders too, which is cool.
                6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Only returns for store credit and exchanges allowed. Hidden in the fine print at the bottom of the announcement picture.

Comment

Originally posted by MaitreTea View Post
                    Only returns for store credit and exchanges allowed. Hidden in the fine print at the bottom of the announcement picture.
                    Ooh... good catch.
                    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Any idea how their endurance/workhorse pants compare to JCF straight/standard fit suit pants?

Comment

Originally posted by jog123 View Post
                        Any idea how their endurance/workhorse pants compare to JCF straight/standard fit suit pants?
                        So I'm a 34 in JCF Thompson suit pants. I chatted with CG's customer service, and they mentioned that their dress pants run a little slim. My thighs and calves are a little big, so that worried me a bit and I bought some CG dress pants in 36 instead. The 36 is slightly roomier in the thighs, but not baggy by any means. It's also slightly loose in the waist - I definitely need to wear a belt with this one, whereas with the JCF Thompson suit pants I could probably get away not wearing a belt. I really like the fit of their dress pants.

Maybe I would've fit fine in a 34, but I didn't want to run the risks of having my pants look like overstuffed sausages.

Comment

CG gets a lot of flack on returns, just wanted to point out that I returned my recent shoe experiment from them. They were not bad for $65, just not for me. CG was great on the return. It did take 2 weeks or so to get posted to my account, but all things considered not bad. Joe

Comment

Originally posted by joekloo View Post
                            CG gets a lot of flack on returns, just wanted to point out that I returned my recent shoe experiment from them. They were not bad for $65, just not for me. CG was great on the return. It did take 2 weeks or so to get posted to my account, but all things considered not bad. Joe
                            I've had a great experience with their email customer service staff, they were able to expedite my return and helped me with a bunch of other stuff as well. I would say if you don't see your return posted within a couple weeks than shoot them an email and they should be able to sort it out.

Comment

I wear a size 34 in their dress pants and suit pants but their size 34 jeans were too big. I waited too long to return them so I have put them on Ebay if anyone is interested.

Comment

Has anyone else had their experience with Combat Gent been terrible lately?
                                I ordered 2 suits in August and they cancelled one a week later due to a manufacturing error and the other was cancelled 2 weeks after ordering because the size was no longer available (only one of them has been refunded to date).
                                On top of that they are apparently charging COD now, as I've had it on an order in March, which they refunded me for, and I have an order at the post office I refuse to pick up since it has an $80 COD on a replacement weekender bag as the shoulder strap broke. I love the products but am afraid to purchase anything going forward due to the poor customer service they have.

I was very impressed with the customer service I received when they first started out, but I'm afraid they may have grown too fast and lost that personal touch.
                                twitter: @adg_ca
                                instagram: @adg_ca

Comment

Working...
                                X