Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleagentChang View Post
    Really excited to see this review! Did you get the suit back from the tailor?
    I'll have it tomorrow.
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Has anyone here bought CG as separates? I'm looking to get the Essential Navy Slim Fit Suit Jacket and the Essential Navy Modern Fit Suit Pant and wanted to know #1 (I know this is kind of paranoid but is the shade of navy the same on both models?) & #2 if this is possible (pretty sure it is though).

Comment

Originally posted by jle058 View Post
        Has anyone here bought CG as separates? I'm looking to get the Essential Navy Slim Fit Suit Jacket and the Essential Navy Modern Fit Suit Pant and wanted to know #1 (I know this is kind of paranoid but is the shade of navy the same on both models?) & #2 if this is possible (pretty sure it is though).
        I would avoid it. Read up on the basics of whether you can orphan/separate a suit jacket into a sportcoat/blazer (Dappered has an article on it, as do most fashion blogs). The CG suit jackets have every single quality that would make them a really bad choice to do so (smooth/worsted wool, non-contrasting buttons, etc.)

This is an entire other topic in and of itself, but any classic solid suit in a worsted wool would be a terrible, terrible fit to wear as separates.

Comment

Originally posted by jle058 View Post
          I am pretty sure they are the same shade, but things may have changed, so maybe you'll get a response from CG here, or ask on the live chat on the site. It is definitely possible.

On the CG suits I have, I have ordered a size up on the pants and just had them taken in at the waist, and they fit great everywhere else. Same thing when I order suits from S&M. The slim fit jackets fit me great, but the slim fit pants in the drop six fit me in the waist, but are skin tight through my hips and thighs.

Comment

Yup CG support just got back to me, they are the same shade of navy. I should have been more clear I wasn't planning to wear as separates in the sense of say navy suit jacket and chinos. I'd go the route of a proper sport coat or blazer for that, I merely meant I prefer the modern fit pants and the slim fit suit jacket and wanted to mix and match via CG. Thanks all.

Comment

Combatant Gentleman

[MENTION=12189]Combatant Gentlemen[/MENTION] how much room is there to let out in the tailored fit jackets?

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                [MENTION=12189]Combatant Gentlemen[/MENTION] how much room is there to let out in the tailored fit jackets?
                1.25 inches!

Comment

Originally posted by Combatant Gentlemen View Post
                  1.25 inches!
                  I guess I'll have the Baconator for lunch then.

Comment

1.25 inches!
                    Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming that's total across all the seams?

Comment

Originally posted by Shife View Post
                      I guess I'll have the Baconator for lunch then.
                      Lol, yep[emoji57]

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming that's total across all the seams?
                        Yes, sir.

Comment

Yes, sir.
                          So how much does each seam have?

Comment

So how much does each seam have?
                            I'd assume 1.25/2 which yields 5/8" each.
                            https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                              I'd assume 1.25/2 which yields 5/8" each.
                              Well it depends on whether they put extra fabric on the back seam as well as the side seams.

Comment

sorry, the winky face was insinuating a mostly tongue-in-cheek response. poor comm's on my part...
                                https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Working...
                                X