Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combatant Gentlemen View Post
    Our new Summit Blazers will be in the $180-200 range--all using Reda fabric.
    When will the be released?
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
      When will the be released?
      We're looking at releasing within the next three weeks!

Comment

I ordered the Summit Slate Blue Twill suit. It should be here this Friday.

I also picked up a couple of the knit cardigans to wear in the office. I quite like them, but the wife already shrunk the heck out of the charcoal one when she accidentally washed it with the toddler's clothes. My fault for not putting it away properly.

Any plans for a trench coat?

Comment

I was wanting to pick up grey birdseye tailored fit, but as usual, my jacket size sold out rather quickly.

Comment

I just got in the new cotton gray herringbone in the tailored fit. I'll write more and put up some pictures later, but if you are muscular you owe it to yourself to check them out. The 42L is pretty well dead perfect on me, no alterations necessary, not even sleeves. The fabric is very nice, the pants are cut slightly differently and are more flattering, and the wider lapel really fits my frame better.

Me: 6'2", 195, 42" chest, 33" waist.

Without having seen the wool options, if they are anything like the cotton options they will be stiff competition for Spier and Mackay, which many on this board love. They are both half canvassed, both wider lapel, both high quality wool...the CG is Bemberg lining, not sure about SM but believe most of theirs are. Similar visible stitching, even the button lay on the sleeves is the same. After that, it really comes down to shoulder construction, and the new one from CG is supposed to be vastly improved in that regard (and the cotton one is). At $240 (CG) instead of $305-320 (SM), with free shipping and no worries about returns to Canada or transaction fees from the bank. That's a pretty strong offering, I think.
            Last edited by ronrob; July 13, 2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] - Can you measure the Shoulder and Chest dimension on the 38 Tailored fit coat? I asked for specifics on a chat today and they said they could not give them to me? I have a 38 Modern fit and wondered how those dimensions relate. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by joekloo View Post
                [MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] - Can you measure the Shoulder and Chest dimension on the 38 Tailored fit coat? I asked for specifics on a chat today and they said they could not give them to me? I have a 38 Modern fit and wondered how those dimensions relate. Thanks
                Hi there! Shoulder-to-shoulder on a size 38 is about 18.6" and the chest is 42.5". Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi there! Shoulder-to-shoulder on a size 38 is about 18.6" and the chest is 42.5". Hope this helps!
                  [MENTION=12664]joekloo[/MENTION] there you have it.

Comment

How about the shoulder, chest, and jacket waist on a 40R Tailored Fit?

Comment

Originally posted by Shife View Post
                      I ordered the Summit Slate Blue Twill suit. It should be here this Friday.

I also picked up a couple of the knit cardigans to wear in the office. I quite like them, but the wife already shrunk the heck out of the charcoal one when she accidentally washed it with the toddler's clothes. My fault for not putting it away properly.

Any plans for a trench coat?
                      This suit was delivered today. I am very impressed. The jacket fits perfectly. I'll be taking the pants in to the tailor to have the waist taken in and the legs hemmed. The color and fabric is amazing. If I have a complaint with the new "Tailored" fit, it's that the arms feel slightly restricted compared to my CG Modern Fit suits. The cut of the jacket is more flattering to my shape and overall is an improvement for me compared to the Modern Fit.

Comment

Shife, can you post a picture of the slate blue? It looks beautiful and I'm strongly considering it. But the pictures of the charcoal birdseye on the website and in the review above look pretty different, so just trying to get a sense of what it looks like in real life.

Comment

These guys did a video [MENTION=14432]sagehen5[/MENTION] or the two suits you mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD_jTtWlcwE

Comment

Perfect, thanks!

Comment

I'll try to get a pic of the jacket. The pants will be gone for a bit at the tailor.

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                                Vishaal recently sent me a suit from their new tailored fit line for me to review. I am going to tailor it this week and then review it. However, I wanted to share some pics while the suits are still available. I'll be honest in that I never was crazy about the skinny lapels and more structured shoulders of their suits. That's fine for lots of guys, but not what I like. However, they really changed it up with the tailored fit. The lapels are wider and the shoulders are soft. The chest piece is also surprisingly soft. Not Suitsupply Hudson soft, but considerably softer than most suits out there.

I ordered my normal size I would wear in Suitsupply, a 38. The jacket is not as slim as a Suitsupply 38. In hindsight, I should have went with a 36. I went with 32 trousers, knowing my waist would fit into 30. The pants are slim, but not skinny. I should have went with a 30 pant. So basically I should have sized down a full size from Suitsupply. However, If I bulk up some, I'll be glad to have the extra chest and shoulder room. I will probably have the jacket waist tapered about two inches.

Full disclosure, I did not pay for the suit. Vishaal asked for an unbiased review. I am not being paid to promote them. If I thought the suit sucked, I would say it sucked. For $230-240, these suits are an excellent value. The fabric is lovely. I went with the charcoal birdseye, which is more of a mid grey. It is from the Italian Mill, Marlane. If you have any questions I'll answer them. Here are some pics:

ps I know it's hard to believe these are combat gent suits. If you liked the other models, you probably won't like this model. But if you're like me, you may prefer this. Again, I can enthusiastically say that I believe that these suits are an excellent value.
                                Really excited to see this review! Did you get the suit back from the tailor?

Comment

Working...
                                X