No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look forward to peoples review of their shoes. I think they "should" be shipping soon.

Comment

Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
      I look forward to peoples review of their shoes. I think they "should" be shipping soon.
      My Chelsea boots are arriving Wednesday. I'll try and put something up here once that happens.
      6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Picked up the brown suede double monks which are back in stock. Should get them next week. I'll post pics and a quick review if no one else does.

Comment

I haven't even received a ship notification from my shoe pre-order. Man this company can be frustrating. What the heck was the point of my pre-order when people who bought weeks later are getting immediate stock on hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Shife View Post
            I haven't even received a ship notification from my shoe pre-order. Man this company can be frustrating. What the heck was the point of my pre-order when people who bought weeks later are getting immediate stock on hand?
            Update: They sorted out my order via chat and it is supposed to ship today. A representative also reached out to me here to see if they could help. I'm still a happy customer.

Comment

- Retracted comment -

One thing is for sure. They go to great lengths to make up for any issues. I have no reason to complain.
              Last edited by Shife; June 8, 2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I received by shoes today. I got the tan suede drivers. They came very nicely packaged for $65 shoes (that will be a common theme). They were individually wrapped in a shoe bag, had paper stuffed in the toe with a plastic mock "shoe tree" back to help keep form during shipping and the box included a plastic shoe horn. Nothing crazy nice but still more than I expected for $65. The actual shoe is again nice, the suede feels alright out of the box, the color is a little lighter than what was on-line and I got the driver so I did not expect it to be too substantial since it is a driver after all. The fit feels a little small to me. All that said I think the shoe fits exactly with what appears to be the Combatant Gent. business model. Nice product that has the look and feel of something that should cost 25-30% more than it does. Not super high quality but priced very fair. I actually really like their stuff, I own 4 pairs of their pants and they are my favorite and one suit that is decent and I feel a good value for what I paid for it. I have never had any problems with shipping or customer service (other than I would buy more stuff if they would have stock more readily available) but that is only my experience.

Would I buy another pair? Yes for a purpose. I got the tan suede drivers since I was not 100% sure how they would fit into my style and for the price I was willing to take a chance. I think if I was looking for an everyday shoe I would go for something a little better, but I could also see me getting one of the dress shoes to wear to work during the winter (snow / salt) on those days where I did not want to risk the torture of my good shoes.

Joe

Comment

Has anyone picked up the CHARCOAL TWEED SLIM FIT TRAVEL BLAZER from combat gent? interested to know the fit and how the fabric feels. Possible pics?

Comment

Vishaal coming here and posting has mad me more curious about the brand. Will be shopping with you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Lemus View Post
                      Has anyone picked up the CHARCOAL TWEED SLIM FIT TRAVEL BLAZER from combat gent? interested to know the fit and how the fabric feels. Possible pics?
                      I purchased, and then returned one of their summit charcoal travel blazers, if that's helpful.

The summit line was one of their more "upscale" releases, so there was ostensibly some upgrade in fabric or construction (in particular, it looks like the materials supposed to be sourced from a higher quality/notable mill in Italy). The fabric felt nice--very elegant, smooth to the touch, but the blazer felt quite thin/lightweight for a fall/winter release. I was looking for something a bit more substantial, but not a dealbreaker.

The bigger problem is the shoulder construction, which remains a problem to me with everything I've tried on with them. This is just a personal preference, but I'm not a fan of how structured/padded their shoulders are in their suit jackets and blazers. It's just very stiff and square looking. I prefer a softer, natural shoulder line. Heavily padded/constructed shoulders aren't always associated with cheaper brands, but it seems like other budget blazers I've tried (e.g. JCP and other department store house brands, occasionally BR) on also have this feature. As a result, I returned it.

If you own other CG products and don't mind the heavy shoulder padding/construction, then I'm sure you'll like the tweed blazer. If not, you may not be a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by lax101 View Post
                        I purchased, and then returned one of their summit charcoal travel blazers, if that's helpful.

The summit line was one of their more "upscale" releases, so there was ostensibly some upgrade in fabric or construction (in particular, it looks like the materials supposed to be sourced from a higher quality/notable mill in Italy). The fabric felt nice--very elegant, smooth to the touch, but the blazer felt quite thin/lightweight for a fall/winter release. I was looking for something a bit more substantial, but not a dealbreaker.

The bigger problem is the shoulder construction, which remains a problem to me with everything I've tried on with them. This is just a personal preference, but I'm not a fan of how structured/padded their shoulders are in their suit jackets and blazers. It's just very stiff and square looking. I prefer a softer, natural shoulder line. Heavily padded/constructed shoulders aren't always associated with cheaper brands, but it seems like other budget blazers I've tried (e.g. JCP and other department store house brands, occasionally BR) on also have this feature. As a result, I returned it.

If you own other CG products and don't mind the heavy shoulder padding/construction, then I'm sure you'll like the tweed blazer. If not, you may not be a fan.

Hopefully I am not getting too far off topic here - but I am in the same boat on shoulder padding. What are some brands / Models have you found that you liked?

Comment

Originally posted by lax101 View Post

Thanks for the response and it was extremely helpful. I tried a couple of their travel blazers and had some issues with the shoulders being too square as well. Guess I will keep looking for that allusive grey blazer.

Comment

Anyone have problems logging in to the site today? I was trying to log in to print a return label for my last order, and it's just not working. I tried Chrome and Internet Explorer, but when I type in my login information and hit the button, it does nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Devon View Post
                              Anyone have problems logging in to the site today? I was trying to log in to print a return label for my last order, and it's just not working. I tried Chrome and Internet Explorer, but when I type in my login information and hit the button, it does nothing.
                              Logged in fine a few minutes ago via Facebook and was able to track my shipment. This was on Chrome on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by joekloo View Post
                                Hopefully I am not getting too far off topic here - but I am in the same boat on shoulder padding. What are some brands / Models have you found that you liked?
                                J. Crew's blazers have a decently soft shoulder, run pretty slim off the rack, and can be bought very cheap when on sale--at comparable prices to CG's.

Bonobos also has a very soft shoulder and great fabrics. However, they're a bit more pricey (again, wait for a good sale), and if you're tall, the tail on many of them are quite chopped.

Comment

Working...
                                X