Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about the thickness of these lapels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clearly showing from the responses that most style is subjective. What works for one may not work for another. If you want the modern slim lines, it should be because most of your look is modern and slim. i.e - If you tend to wear a 501 instead of a 513, then that look may work better for you. As well as how tapered you make the waist suppression. Everything is subjective.

Comment

My personal style tends to the more conservative (eg I think 513/14 are about as tapered as I want my jeans)...Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Liu View Post
        No he means the curvature in the lapel, and that is dated.
        +1. Wider lapels seem to be coming back in to style but the modern version almost has a reverse of that curvature. This is a bit of an extreme example but check out this 3 roll 2 from Sartoria Formosa:

(Unrelated, but check out the fly on that one too.)

Comment

I find Tweed to be more common in big sizes for some reason. As a 44T that is a bonus for me

Comment

I like the original blazer you posted, and do not think the lapels are an issue. If you don't mind the curve, I doubt you'll run into many people who even notice. I say go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              Honestly, I don't see what's the issue with the curved lapels on that jacket you linked. Looks perfectly fine to me. I'd wear it. (Assuming it fit.)
              Yea, they're nuts. That's a normal lapel and a sweet tweed jacket.

Comment

Working...
              X