Slim Fit French Cuff Shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slim Fit French Cuff Shirt

I'm in the search for a basic white french cuff shirt, and was looking for some suggestions. I'm not a fan of the Express 1MX (material is too see through and impossible to iron) and I know the CK's received good reviews on the site before, but I would rather have a plain front shirt. I just saw that BR has an oxford version, which I might have to give a try, but I think I would prefer a poplin.

No personal experience with it, but others here have had luck with Charles Tyrwhitt. Look on thread here for link to a good deal. Shirt and tie for ~$50, I think?

Comment

I have a french cuff shirt from Charles Tyrwhitt. It's a nice shirt at $40, and I received a free tie with it.

Comment

Jinx. Shipping address for one (1) coke to follow, per time-honored rules of culture.

Comment

I recommend Brooks brothers slim fit, maybe wait until they do a sale. Also try TM Lewin.

Comment

Shawn, How about an all-natural Blue Sky cola?

Comment

jinx, joke, buy me a blue sky cola? doesn't work.

IT MUST BE A COKE, OR THE UNIVERSE WILL CEASE WORKING!

(aside: i have never heard of blue sky cola, but I shall check it out).

Comment

+1 to blue sky. I like the grapefruit

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Killa,

I will have to recommend the BR oxford. I have own one for almost 3 years and it still have proved to be a durable/ well fitting shirt. So much that I planned to wear it at my Oct '12 wedding.... the wife put an end to that (lol). Irons great, white's bright. Good luck.

Heaf

Comment

Second the CT shirts, if you can snag them for $40 and only in "tailored fit":

http://threads.dappered.com/topic/charles-tyrwhitt-english-dress-shirts-group-buy

Also, if you get in on this today, you can get a "trim fit" shirt from Neiman Marcus for $30 shipped free with their 40% off one item sale and code FSANN3 for free shipping. The fit is slimmer than the CT but the fabric isn't quite as nice (still better than Express, Alfani, etc IMO):

Diamond Pattern FC:

http://www.lastcall.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod6220316&eItemId=prod6220316& cmCat=search&searchType=SEARCH&parentId=&icid=&rte =%252Fsearch.jhtml%253FNo%253D20%2526Ntt%253Dtrim% 252Bfit%2526_requestid%253D4850%2526N%253D42949671 50

Spread Collar FC:

http://www.lastcall.com/store/catalo...253D4294967150

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Working...
                    X