Flu shot today - two clothes-related observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu shot today - two clothes-related observations

Went to get a flu shot at the pharmacy today.

The guy at the desk had me fill out some paperwork and then told me to get my shoulder ready for the shot. So I took off my jacket and rolled up my sleeve. But when the head pharmacist came over she said "That's not high enough, with a nice tailored shirt like that you'll have to take it off - I need to reach the muscle on your shoulder."

Also, when getting dressed again I nailed my tie knot without a mirror, which is always nice but doesn't always happen.

What was the preferred knot? I have switch over to a DFIH with a good dimple from a HW or FIH.

Comment

Had this happen to me this year too. In the past I'd just roll/shove/jam my sleeve up and it would work, this time I had to unbutton the top few bottuns and have them go in from the top. I don't think the cut of shirt I was wearing was any different from years past, so i wonder if they changed the shot location?

Comment

JT10000, Congratulations. You have joined the elite group of men who find ourselves asked to disrobe by female doctors, nurses, and pharmacists. I look at it as my gift to the medical community. If you were an ugly slob then she would have yanked your shirt sleeve up, jabbed you, and sent you on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
          JT10000, Congratulations. You have joined the elite group of men who find ourselves asked to disrobe by female doctors, nurses, and pharmacists. I look at it as my gift to the medical community. If you were an ugly slob then she would have yanked your shirt sleeve up, jabbed you, and sent you on your way.
          So THAT'S why my doctor always has me take my pants off.
          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
            What was the preferred knot? I have switch over to a DFIH with a good dimple from a HW or FIH.
            FIH. Also known as the schoolboy knot, which I learned when I was a schoolboy.

Originally posted by Deke View Post
            I don't think the cut of shirt I was wearing was any different from years past, so i wonder if they changed the shot location?
            You're bringing me down, man - I assumed it was because I looked so good.

Comment

I work at a pharmacy and they usually try to stick it in the meatiest part of the arm (up near your deltoid) so that they don't hit your bone (which is such a strange and disconcerting feeling) or nail the brachial artery and cephalic vein (which would both cause life threatening embolisms) . These are pharmacists and not actual physicians/nurses who do these shots so they don't get to stick people every day. In a similar vein (no pun intended) I did get the same slight ego boost when giving blood when the nurse put her hands on my arm and complimented me on them as she prepared me for the IV

Comment

Originally posted by JT10000 View Post
                You're bringing me down, man - I assumed it was because I looked so good.
                Haha, well I have been hitting the gym a little more this year...

Comment

Working...
                X