Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under Arm Yellow Spots

Hey everyone,
    So I had made the switch from anti-persperant to natural deodorant (Tom's) at the beginning of the Summer and enjoyed going without undershirts (or at maximum an A-shirt) ever since. I recently did a wash of my white button downs, however, and noticed there are still the very faint beginnings of a yellow spot in the underarms of my shirts. You really need the right light to see it, but I figure it will just get worse. I am assuming this is same effect as the yellow you might get on collars from just simple sweat and I was wondering if there was a solid product that I could use to remove this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Not sure about prevention, but I will soak a shirt with oxyclean if the pits stains are getting noticeable. Usually a 6 hour soak will do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
      Not sure about prevention, but I will soak a shirt with oxyclean if the pits stains are getting noticeable. Usually a 6 hour soak will do the trick.
      This works like a charm. I bought some skeptically, but was surprised how well it worked, even on terrible old shirts.

Assuming you're using non-aluminum-having products now, it won't get much worse--it's likely just buildup from your prior usage when you wore reg deodorant. Toss in some oxyclean into your loads of laundry and it'll also work on the collar yellow too.

Comment

Thanks for the tip on Oxyclean, I will give it a shot. The slight yellow developed after I moved to the non-aluminum deodorant (b/c I previously always wore undershirts to guard against it), so perhaps using the oxyclean every other wash or so will help prevent it from getting any worse. I remembered that JCrew had some sort of product they sold that was a soap bar that you rub on the collar (the name escapes my memory) and I was curious if anyone had any experience with that either (sorry for the vague description).

Comment

Oxyclean should help. I found all yellowing stopped completely when I switched to Crystal deodorants.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbreaker View Post
            Thanks for the tip on Oxyclean, I will give it a shot. The slight yellow developed after I moved to the non-aluminum deodorant (b/c I previously always wore undershirts to guard against it), so perhaps using the oxyclean every other wash or so will help prevent it from getting any worse. I remembered that JCrew had some sort of product they sold that was a soap bar that you rub on the collar (the name escapes my memory) and I was curious if anyone had any experience with that either (sorry for the vague description).
            I haven't used their soap (I do know what you're talking about), but seems unnecessary. If you have some bad yellowing, just rub some of your normal detergent on the yellow parts and scrub a little before putting in the wash -- never had any issues getting it out by doing that.

Comment

Get a small disposable cup, a toothbrush and a box of oxyclean. Using warm water and about a cup of oxyclean, make a paste in the disposable cup. Scrub this into the stain and let it sit. Repeat, depending on the severity of the stain. You may want to also perform a fully immersed soak after this.

I typically put on deodorant as part of my nightly routine. There's less leftover to smear on your shirt the next day. Even after a shower..

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                X