Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone go crazy with the JCF sale?

Besides me? :/

My wardrobe was seriously lacking in well fitting collared shirts and sweaters, so I picked up 6 slim shirts, 2 slim merino sweaters and those two contrasting pocket tees. More than likely will be returning some, but I'm looking forward to getting out of t shirts, and 50% off seemed like a "now or never" opportunity.

Snagged the Donegal tie and a tipped pocket square, may go back for one of the Herringbone blazers before the sale ends but not ready to bite yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
      Snagged the Donegal tie and a tipped pocket square, may go back for one of the Herringbone blazers before the sale ends but not ready to bite yet.
      There you go, get some accessories. Was contemplating the tie case. Wish they had a dopp kit, though. The one on the JC site is pertty awesome but pricey.

Comment

Want to get one of the $99 blazers as I have not bought much in terms of clothes in the last year but am stopping myself. It is a REALLY good deal for the Factory Thompson in wool being $198....that is a steal!

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
          I like that one and a few others but the problem is all their ties are 2.5" wide. That's a bit slim for my taste as my sweet spot is around 3".

I have the following in my cart at the moment and am trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger or not - 1 slim v-neck sweater, 3 slim shirts, 1 henley.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            I like that one and a few others but the problem is all their ties are 2.5" wide. That's a bit slim for my taste as my sweet spot is around 3".

I have the following in my cart at the moment and am trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger or not - 1 slim v-neck sweater, 3 slim shirts, 1 henley.
            Curerntly don't have any henleys in my wardrobe. I was looking at them on JCF but none are slim fit so I wasn't sure. 6'1, 175lbs. I DO though, like that blue Piperlime one that Joe mentioned. Contemplating that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

Yeah, I have the same concern. I returned a linen JCF tie this summer because of the 2.5" width being too narrow. Can't seem to find an affordable tie of this type at a wider width though. We'll see how it looks when I get it.

Saw a Merona Donegal Wool Tie in Target last week that looked to be about a 3" width, but the wool was more of a darker charcoal than the grayish brown of the JCF.

Comment

The Henley not being slim fit concerns me too but it puts me over the free shipping threshold and the store is about 7-8 miles away from me if I need to go return it.

Comment

Picked up the brown herringbone tweed blazer for $100.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                    Picked up the brown herringbone tweed blazer for $100.
                    Kind of leaning towards the charcoal myself, just worried its going to be sub-par material like last years version.

Comment

Just placed an order for $115. 1 grey slim merino v-neck sweater, 1 slim tattersall shirt, 1 slim chambray shirt, and 1 henley.

I was tempted by the navy blazer Joe featured this morning but I've found that I can get actual JCrew blazers off Ebay for a similar price. I'd rather have that over the long term since JC uses better materials than JCF. Plus the Ludlow blazers require less tailoring for me than the JCF blazers.

Comment

The brown herringbone looks pretty slick. Unfortunately I need the shirts more than a sportcoat at the moment.

Now if only the JC store would get their dock pea coats in so i could try them out...

Comment

Was tempted to get another v neck or two, but the whole escapade I've gone through the the Jcrew Slim Large having about 17" shoulders has put me off of them. Having a Vneck pull from your collar is terrible and doing it on one side is even worse hah.

*See the express pictures in the article for a great example of a terrible v-neck.

Comment

Since this sale is "priced as marked" is there anyway to stack another discount on here with a code?

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                              Since this sale is "priced as marked" is there anyway to stack another discount on here with a code?
                              I'm sure you could if you have a code to use. That'd be a hell of a deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X