White Faced Dress(y) Chrono?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Faced Dress(y) Chrono?

I'm currently looking to purchase a new watch somewhere in the sub $500 range. Since I already own a diver I'd like to pick up a sleek chronograph on a brown leather strap that can pull duty in more formal situations but will also fit within my current casual/business casual work wardrobe. I fell in love with the look of Tissot T-Classic Carson Chrono about a month or so back, but it appears to be unavailable from any reputable online dealers. It's also tipping the high end of my price range at $550+.

Ideally, I'm looking for something with few Arabic numerals and minimalistic hands (like the Tissot above) around the 40-42mm mark. I'll likely be limited to quartz chronos at this price range. I have a bunch on my list right now and each ticks a couple of my boxes, but I have yet to find something that really jumps at me. Most that I've seen so far have a sportier look than I'd prefer.

A few that I've been looking over:

-Baume Mercier (I wish! For style reference - way out of my price range)
    -Citizen Eco-Drive
    -Tissot T Classic Tradition
    -Christopher Ward Malvern
    -Junkers Bauhaus Chronograph (looks unavailable?)

Any other suggestions that I might have missed? Opinions? I'm just a bit underwhelmed at most of what's available in this range - there must be more out there!

I'm not sure if you want something that has more of a well known reputation, but I have a couple Skagens that I really like and have received numerous compliments on. Their watches tend to be slimmer than most watches, but it doesn't detract from the watch itself.
    I found one on their website that seems to hit most of the specifications that you have. Give the rest of the website a look though. Something may catch your eye.

http://www.skagen.com/en_US/shop/men...ePath=329XLSLC

Comment

If youre not caught up on brands, you can get a Parnis. They are cheap chinese mechanicals. This one is "inspired" by IWC and looks exactly like what youre looking for: http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq...nis-watch.html

Comment

I picked up the Citizen Eco after Joe featured it. Very clean. Not too big. And it keeps time. Love it.

http://dappered.com/2012/07/in-perso...w-chronograph/

Comment

I have the Tissot chrono you have up there, and it's a fantastic watch. I wouldn't really call it a dressy watch though, it's on the large side and the case is quite thick.

Comment

There's a Kenneth Cole watch that's a cheap alternative to the Junkers you posted above. Model KC1568.

Of the watches you've linked, I think I would pick the Chris Ward for looks and overall value. The white dial and the simplicity of the design seems to neutralize the casual-ness of the Arabic numerals.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
              I wouldn't really call it a dressy watch though, it's on the large side and the case is quite thick.
              Yeah, that's what I've gathered from seeing pictures of it on the watchuseek forum. I'm thinking of it more as inspiration at this point - the Tissot Tradition Chrono has preserved a similar feel in a smaller overall package, but it still doesn't grab me as much as I would like. I've also seen recommendations for the Dugena Premium 7000033, but it looks to have a more traditional (vintage) domed crystal on it that takes away from the overall sleek aesthetic I want. Great looking face though.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                There's a Kenneth Cole watch that's a cheap alternative to the Junkers you posted above. Model KC1568.
                That's pretty spot on.

Comment

Working...
                X