Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with J.Crew Ludlow pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have experience with J.Crew Ludlow pants?

Hello! Ive been a regular reader of the blog for a long time now, and have lurked here occasionally, but now have a question I cannot find the answer to.

Im looking at some J.Crew Ludlow pants that are on final sale, but am having a hard time pulling the trigger because I dont know how the Ludlow cut fits relative to the other J.Crew pant lines. I have both the urban slim, and the Bowery slim and classic cut pants, but I have never been able to try on the Ludlow ones, since my local J.Crew doesnt carry suiting.

The Bowery classic works great in wool for me because it drapes well, while the same size in the slim cut is what I wear in the chinos. I have muscular legs and a larger posterior, due to genetics and weight lifting. I wear a 32 waist in both J.Crew cuts.

The J.Crew site lists the leg openings of both the Bowery Slim and Classic cut, but not for the Ludlow cuts.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Ludlow pants, either classic or slim, and could compare them to the standard Bowery pants. I have been searching google for a while now and cannot find a definitive answer.

Thanks for your time!

I don't have any Ludlow Slim, but have the Ludlow Classic in a few styles. I also have muscular thighs and hips, and find that the Urban Slim Chinos are pretty much as slim as I can get away with - but that's for a chino, casual pant (I actually prefer the Classic chino). For a suit pant, I don't want skin tight - or even too slim - not a good look when your pants are pulling around your thighs, or threaten to bust at the seams when you're seated. I wear the Bowery in classic and find it fits similarly to the Ludlow Classic. If your Bowery classic has a good drape, and the same that you want in your suit pants, then I'd recommend going with the Ludlow Classic.

Comment

I've found that the Ludlow Slim is slimmer than the Bowery Slim (which I've found to be a normal cut), but not as slim as the 484. I have the Ludlow slim in the Oxford Cloth.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. If they fit tighter than the Bowery Slims, Ill have to pass it seems. The bowery slims are about as slim as I can go. If I were buying them as suit pants, I would go for the classic fit, but the ones I want are the Italian Chino Ludlow pants in Wheat color, and I was going to wear them more casually, and was okay with them being tighter. I like my chinos to be slim, and my wool to be a little roomier for drape. I have strange proportions, with large but short legs, and stuff thats not slim can start looking just like columns pretty quickly. Its so hard to pass on the fantastic wheat colored pants, its such a nice color. I think this time I will though, unless I can make it to another store and try them on in person. better safe than sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X