Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you trying new style this Fall?

If so, what?

I satiated my Fair Isle lust last fall but I missed the boat on a quilted jacket last year so I think I might take the plunge there. I might also take the plunge on a pair of cords and a shawl collar sweater if I can find one I like.
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

I just bought a quilited vest from Jcrew during the 25% sale this weekend. Neither quilted jackets nor vests are my thing, but I want to branch from my typically fall wear.

Comment

I'm taking the plunge into Fair Isle sweaters and fall-colored cords this year. Those are both new to me, as I was a jeans and a navy sweater guy last year. Might jump into a shawl collar cardigan at some point, but cardigans are new for me alltogether.

It's still rather warm where I am now, but I'll bust out the J Crew Bayswatter pea coat I bought on clearance at some point.

Comment

My C&J Wicklows, which were not particularly well received around here when I got them a while ago from the Barneys sale

Comment

Currently revamping my current wardrobe. Looking at a getting a shawl cardigan (never worn one before), and some slim v neck sweaters at some point. I also need to get some chinos as well. I recently just bought a nice topcoat that should be very versatile for fall and winter.
          Last edited by Vanquish; October 8, 2013, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
            My C&J Wicklows, which were not particularly well received around here when I got them a while ago from the Barneys sale
            http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/Barneys/501965803_product_1?$product_size$
            i like them, but only if they are at a good price

i passed over a C&J chukka in a burnt orange suede with crepe sole at barneys for $200, i still wonder if i should have grabbed them

Comment

I'm trying to diversify my wardrobe in terms of layering pieces that can work in both casual and office environments. I've got a few JCF lambswool sweaters on the way. I hope they are chunky enough to add some warmth and visual texture, but still refined enough to wear with a shirt and sport coat.
              Ben

Comment

My main change has been fit, I've been ebaying a good portion of my wardrobe and replacing key items with quality fits, chinos and dress pants, have had some great luck with sales and fit on the Gap Lived-In Straight Chinos and BR Kentfield pants. Still in the hunt for some good quality fall plaid shirts and a new tweed blazer. Been eyeing that BR Donegal topcoat too, a couple auctions and a 40% off sale away from being able to snag it.

Comment

i want to try layering a denim jacket

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                    i want to try layering a denim jacket
                    This is definitely on my to-do list. I've opted to work a few pairs of corduroy pants into the rotation.

Comment

At work the dress code is business casual so I wore a bunch of sweaters last year and got bored. This year I'm trying to mix things up by adding more blazers and sport coats. I've got the Merona Kensington in navy and a tan Stafford sportcoat that I picked up cheap last year and got tailored. Now I'm looking for a herringbone sportcoat (jcf maybe?) and a nice thick shawl cardigan.

Comment

This probably seems really mundane to most of you, but I'm making a push to slim fit jeans/chinos over straight leg. It's been a slow migration from boot cut (pre-Dappered) to straight to slim.

I'd like to get a cardigan or two and find a good shawl collar sweater. I love the aesthetic of layering sweaters over button downs, but I'm missing those particular types. I only wish i lived somewhere that gave me a little more sweater weather. I'm also trying to expand my button up collection. I got stuck in a rut of buying a lot of solid colors, and I've been working on getting more casual "sports" shirts. I'm also trying to add more henleys to the mix for layering.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeG View Post
                          This is definitely on my to-do list. I've opted to work a few pairs of corduroy pants into the rotation.
                          I got one on the cheap, and tbh it looks so damn cool but the issue is it doesn't really blend with my style. Hence posting this thread. It's a legit dilemma cuz I don't see myself getting a ton of use, but it was 35 bucks.

Comment

I may try corduroy as well. I've always avoided it because I think it looks best on people with slim legs but I'll probably try a pair to see how they go this year. I know to go for a thin-wale, are there any colors to avoid for the sake of making me look "old"? I'm in my mid-20s and get quite a bit of "why are you so dressed up" when I'm really not (linen shirt tucked into slim denim with suede chukkas; I don't usually wear blazers). Any brands that I should look into for affordable trials (Gap, I'm guessing)?

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                              I may try corduroy as well. I've always avoided it because I think it looks best on people with slim legs but I'll probably try a pair to see how they go this year. I know to go for a thin-wale, are there any colors to avoid for the sake of making me look "old"? I'm in my mid-20s and get quite a bit of "why are you so dressed up" when I'm really not (linen shirt tucked into slim denim with suede chukkas; I don't usually wear blazers). Any brands that I should look into for affordable trials (Gap, I'm guessing)?
                              I think it probably depends on your budget but one thing to keep in mind are cords that are designed/cut with denim-style details, that keeps them a little more casual. So rounded style pockets, patch style rear pockets, that sort of thing, as opposed to slanted side pockets and besom style rear pockets. I think that might help them looking too dressy. Does that make sense?
                              "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Working...
                              X