Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall Wedding in Charleston, SC - What to wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall Wedding in Charleston, SC - What to wear?

Hi all, I've been an avid reader of the site for about a year now and never gotten into the boards yet. So here is my first jab at it. I am going to a wedding in 2 weekends from now, wife is in the bridal party, and I will be the handsome bystander awkwardly making glances at her from the congregation. So I am going with my new go to suit from J Crew:
    Ludlow in Italian Chino, Wheat color:

Shirt will be the Lands End Tailored Fit OCBD:

Shoes are where I need the decision to be made.
    Cole Haan Lunar Grand in Tan/Red:

OR
    Cole Haan Air Madison Monk Strap British Tan

I will either be wearing a blue bow tie to tie it all together since the Bride has requested me to wear one.
    Which shoes ties this all together the best, note I will not dance much, or at all.

Thanks,

Cole Haan Air Madison Monk Strap British Tan - hands down. Lots of issues wearing the lunar grands with that outfit, but most of all they just don't look right with a suit. Have fun (and definitely dance - its a wedding)!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
      Cole Haan Air Madison Monk Strap British Tan - hands down. Lots of issues wearing the lunar grands with that outfit, but most of all they just don't look right with a suit. Have fun (and definitely dance - its a wedding)!
      Agree. I have the same Monk Straps and love them.

Comment

I thought everyone dressed the same for weddings in the south?

The traditional garb, as I understand it:

Comment

^^most weddings down here also abide by a strict B.Y.O.C. (bring your own chicken) policy.

Comment

Working...
          X