High Quality Boots/Shoes for Women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Quality Boots/Shoes for Women?

Is there an Allen Edmonds type mid-level shoe company that makes high quality footwear for women? My wife cops a new pair of crappy boots every couple of years and I'm thinking about getting her a relatively high quality pair of re-solable boots but don't even really know where to begin. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

-e

This is something I've wondered myself. My wife loves her Cole Haan boots. So much that she had me take them to my local cobbler to see if they could do anything to the outsoles when they worn out. They glued on a new sole, cleaned up the uppers and made them look pretty darn good. But, I know it's only a matter of time before they give out. She has a hard time understanding my appreciation for quality footwear (to put it mildly), so I'd like to get her a pair of higher quality boots that will help her see the difference.

Comment

A quick google suggests Frye's are good?

Comment

Originally posted by emynd View Post
        I can confirm this. I bought my wife a pair of Fryes a few yeas ago and they've held up well. And she really likes how they look and feel.

Also, buying shoes for the wife/girlfriend/special lady/ladyfriend/what-have-you is a move with a fairly high degree of difficulty that if pulled off is basically some wizard-level boyfriend/husband/what-have-you action.

Comment

6pm.com is a gold mine for womens shoes, including boots. My wife found some very good deals on boots, you just have to check daily, and see what you can find on clearance designer brands. Anyhing from Bruno Magli, Diane von Fuerstenberg, Fryes, to Stuart Weitzman is there, you just have to look/get lucky. I would estimate around $200-$250 for a good quality pair of womens boots(retail price would be anywhere between $300-$500).

Comment

Originally posted by emynd View Post
            Frye's are the "Redwing/Wolverines" of the women's boot world. Usually higher quality leather + some goodyear welted boots.

Comment

Another vote for Frye's, and my significant other also has some Steve Madden boots that she loves and have held up really well.

I looked into this once before, though, and one of the bits of info I came across was that because women's clothing changes more often, and because most women accumulate higher quantities of stuff, there are just fewer brands that prioritize longevity over cost.

Comment

why not get the wolverines 1k in women for your wife?

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/wol...colorFamily=01

Comment

Working...
                X