• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meermin Mallorca NYC Trunk Show!

https://www.facebook.com/events/576753889044948/

481 Broadway, New York, NY 10013

November 14 at 10:00am until November 16 at 6:00pm

i'm sure those of you who haven't checked them out yet will be very interested in attending!

Originally posted by fey View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/events/576753889044948/

481 Broadway, New York, NY 10013

November 14 at 10:00am until November 16 at 6:00pm

i'm sure those of you who haven't checked them out yet will be very interested in attending!
    Thanks for the heads up! But...

I'm stupid... how does this work? Will I be able to purchase shoes? Or is it literally just a "show" to look at the shoes? The only thing preventing me from ordering those amazing Monks that Fred G Unn MTOed into existence is not wanting to order the wrong size.

Comment

cool - but im across the country :[

Comment

Originally posted by emynd View Post
        Thanks for the heads up! But...

I'm stupid... how does this work? Will I be able to purchase shoes? Or is it literally just a "show" to look at the shoes? The only thing preventing me from ordering those amazing Monks that Fred G Unn MTOed into existence is not wanting to order the wrong size.
        they'll probably sell some to you there but i can't imagine they'd carry too much stock. they'll also definitely take your order and help you out like it was their normal store.

i just went to their madrid store last month but didn't get anything because they had no stock. when this event is going on, i'll be in tokyo checking out their only other store... meanwhile i live just a few blocks from where this event is being held in ny!

Comment

I'm excited to find out that I'll be in NY for both this and the StyleForum trunk show. I'll get sized up in Meermin and maybe check out the Kent Wang charcoal suit.

Comment

I'm heading down to check out the show today. I already have a few pairs of their shoes and I've been really impressed. Looking to find a pair of suede tassel loafers.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but would someone explain the added appeal of this manufacturer? This is the third post I've seen on this subject in as many forums. Am I missing out on something?

Comment

Originally posted by frost View Post
                Forgive my ignorance, but would someone explain the added appeal of this manufacturer? This is the third post I've seen on this subject in as many forums. Am I missing out on something?
                I'm not totally sure what you mean, but...Meermin intrigues me because they make pretty high quality shoes at an almost unbeatable price. Also, I really like their styling; it feels a bit more current and sleek than Allen Edmonds'.

Comment

Frost, The appeal is that the shoes are priced at the same level as Allen Edmonds, but they have more contemporary styles.

The downside is that you have to play a guessing game when it comes to sizing, shipping is very expensive, there may be import duties, and the customer service is not at the same level as Allen Edmonds.

The quality may not be at the same level as Allen Edmonds: there are quite a few complaints in the Meermin Styleforum thread.

Comment

Much appreciated guys.. my shoe collection is getting out of hand as-is, so I'm going to do my best to ignore this one. I'm very happy with my AEs

Comment

i've just returned from japan and missed this. did anyone go? i saw some pics from it and the selection looked pretty awesome. they even had those snuff suede boots that i've been looking for!

Comment

I couldn't get there. Looked great from the pics at SF and it sounds like Pepe was there himself.

Comment

I went. They had a great selection of shoes but the prices left something to be desired. I have bought a few pairs from Meermin in the past and was looking for the suede tassel loafers but their regular line was selling for $210 which is more then I paid online. I understand that you are not paying for shipping but ordering online is ~132euros ex. vat so it was more expensive to buy them in NYC. BTW the current exchange rate is $1.35USD to the Euro. Otherwise all the shoes seemed to have the same great workmanship that I've seen so far. I was honestly hoping they would sell the shoes at the current ex. vat conversion of $178.20.

Comment

Working...
                          X