Will Allen Edmonds stretch at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Allen Edmonds stretch at all?

I bought a pair of 5th Aves in 10.5 B. They were on a big sale on Amazon last week ($240 plus I stacked a 20% and 30% coupon on top), so I grabbed them even though I thought they were a size too narrow based on trying on Park Aves at the mall a while back. Anyway, they're snug on the top of my midfoot and toes, but not uncomfortably so. I have a pair of J&M Aldrich II in a B width that felt similar when I first got them, but now fit great. Can I expect the AEs to stretch a bit as well, and is that even good for them?

I have had almost no stretching in mine (I have some loafers that are a bit snug).

Comment

My strands are a hair too tight and haven't stretched much

Comment

Same here. Not much stretching. The only ones that I did have stretch were the suede Neumoks but that was suede and unlined so . . . .

Comment

i'm in the same boat. bought the AE Ashbury and it's snug on top and on the little toe. have been softening up with lotion and hoping they stretch through the break-in.

Comment

I've been on both ends. The Daltons I have were very painful after a few hours of wear but now fit perfectly fine and are quite comfortable. Sanfords (cap toe) even after some wear can still be painful and they noticeably leave marks on my feet. I have 4 other pairs that have fit pretty well from the beginning and still fit well. Maybe the cap prevents it from stretching enough, or maybe I just need to break them in even more (given that they're black, I don't wear them that often).

Comment

I have a couple pairs that can be a little tight up top. I tie them more loosely. Problem solved.

Comment

I got a pair of Strands that were kinda tight at the widest part of my feet and they weren't stretching from normal use. I had to take them to the AE store and get them stretched, which they'll do for free and now they fit much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilkington View Post
                  I got a pair of Strands that were kinda tight at the widest part of my feet and they weren't stretching from normal use. I had to take them to the AE store and get them stretched, which they'll do for free and now they fit much better.
                  This is interesting, didn't know they would do that. My McAllisters have some time tightness that just needs a little stretching to be fine. Does it take time for them to do this, or it is a same-day/in-store time thing?

Comment

You usually have to leave it for a few days. I had them do it to a few of my pairs near the pinky toe area. It helped a bit, but not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      You usually have to leave it for a few days. I had them do it to a few of my pairs near the pinky toe area. It helped a bit, but not enough.
                      Thx for info. That's where I'm getting hit too in these. Much more on these than the Park Aves and Strands I have, which I find odd.

Comment

Thanks for the information/advice everybody. I've been wearing them around the office for a few days, and they are definitely going the way of the J&Ms and stretching out. Not quite as much, but the J&Ms have almost gotten too lose now.

That said, is it good for the leather to stretch very much? I certainly don't want to decrease the shoe's longevity by forcing it to conform to my feet.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                          Thx for info. That's where I'm getting hit too in these. Much more on these than the Park Aves and Strands I have, which I find odd.
                          That's where I have problems with all my AE's. The only ones that didn't were the Aberdeens. They just seemed a bit roomier than the rest. I got the pinky toes stretched out on most of my AE's and it does help a bit. If you're only going to wear them for a few hours, you should be fine. But as the day goes on and my feet would swell, it would definitely start getting uncomfortable.

Comment

I think it depends on the shoe. My Franciscan monk straps have stretched too much, to where I have to wear thicker socks with them. I have had my Mcallisters for three years and they haven't stretched much at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X