No announcement yet.

Another tux thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat silk laces can also dress up a black cap toe: http://store.asuitablewardrobe.net/f...shoelaces.aspx

Comment

Just wanted to mention the Benjamin Sartorial tux that eHaberdasher sells too for $550:
      http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/...dsh-40L/Detail

I haven't tried his suits, but I have several pairs of his trousers and they really are exceptional for the price. This is probably the cheapest you'll find a fully canvassed tuxedo new. The SuitSupply tux is really good too, I actually tried one on in the NYC store a year or so ago, but for less than $100 more you could get this one which is fully canvassed and has basted sleeves. Obviously you'll need to allow time and $ to have your tailor adjust the sleeves and attach the buttons, but then the sleeve length will be perfect. I'm pretty sure the SuitSupply tux had working buttons so that could possibly be an issue if you need the sleeve length adjusted. Benjamin and SuitSupply are probably the cheapest ways to get a new tuxedo that has all the "correct" features (1-button peaked lapel) with the possible exception that they are both double vented.

Comment

And last but not least, a decent, reasonably priced bow tie? On the hunt, but there are a lot of options.
        "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
          And last but not least, a decent, reasonably priced bow tie? On the hunt, but there are a lot of options.
          Brooks Brothers has your basic black in pointed, square and butterfly (all self-tie, which I highly suggest, not pre-tied). Seems they have a BOGO30%off sale on formal attire accessories right now too, so a little cheaper if you go bowtie & cummerbund route.

Comment

Just a word of warning if you go Jcrew I'd go in store: I ordered the thompson corded cotton in 42L and the jacket is way too long for my taste and the button stance is horrendously low, nothing like the picture, wore that train wreck once.

Comment

If you're not already set on a tux, now might be a good time to bust out that J.Crew 25% off everything code. (INSTYLE25 I think.) Apparently no exclusions. Brings their tux to about $600.
              Ben

Comment

I actually ended up with one that I quite like. Best part: $60 out of pocket for the tux (as the grooms paid for a chunk -- very generous of them). Swiped some AE park aves on eBay in like new condition for a song. I have a white shirt that will work for now. Going bow tie hunting today. Over the holiday sales season, I will likely try to upgrade some of these things (like the shirt) to more appropriate formalwear and hopefully find a decent set of studs and cufflinks. But it will all work for now, considering the wedding is in six days.
                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Just remember... pics or it didn't happen.
                  Ben

Comment

Working...
                  X