Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best boxer briefs for the money?

What the title states.

Don't want to keep spending $20+ for a single CK boxer brief. There has to be better bargains.

IMO, you can't beat CK. I snagged some on Amazon with a $15 sale. Also, Costco had them about 2 months ago but only in M,L, and XL sizes (3 pack for 20)...I'm a small though.

The competitors are all priced pretty close in the space...2xist, Diesel.

Comment

Uniqlo boxer briefs are at $6.45 per. How are those?

Comment

I'm also a CK man. Costco's a good option. So is Gilt. They seem to be on Gilt at least a couple of times a month.

Comment

I have these and they are quite good. 1000+ reviews 4.5*.

http://www.amazon.com/ExOfficio-Give...ns+boxer+brief

They price dips every month or so to $13 or 14 a pair.

Comment

I like the C9 by Champion from Target.

Comment

CK and 2(X)ist boxer briefs at Marshalls/TJ Maxx. You can pick them up for $13 or less a pair.

I've bought most of mine there for around $8 each when they go on sale/clearance.
              Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

If you're OK with "trunks," the Target Evolve ones (made by 2(x)ist) are pretty nice. Seems like they were $12 or so for a black two-pack, but I've also found a few more-*colorful* options on clearance for half that price too. They launder very well and don't bunch up or creep down (what?) like many boxer briefs often seem to do.

Comment

I like CK, but I usually don't like to pay that much either. For a while there got all my underwear from (don't laugh) Aeropostale, yeah I know, I've never bought anything else there, but they had exactly what I was looking for in undies, namely 98% cotton 2% spandex boxer briefs. Most of the nicer looking boxer briefs you find are 100% cotton, and it doesn't matter how good the brand, without the spandex, they will lose their shape and get all baggy and saggy. So rather than look for a brand I just look for the composition I like, style I like, price I like, and if they come in any fun patterns or colors, that's just a bonus.

I recently tried a pair of PACT, and I like them a lot. I especially enjoy the bright colors and fun patterns. Their prices are not bad in their clearance section and they gave me a $10 credit when I signed up for their mailing list. Also their solid colors come in 2-packs for $30.

Comment

I'm a fan of the Evolve by 2(X)ist runks as well but also like the merona boxer briefs as well as american eagles but I know a lot of people wont like the AE waistband.

Comment

I'm not a boxer-briefs guy myself, but I can definitely recommend Target's Evolve brand based on my experience with their products. They are cheap, comfortable, flattering, and long-lasting.
                      Ben

Comment

I have a hard time justifying spending more than a few bucks a pair for Hanes for every day use....

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
                          I have a hard time justifying spending more than a few bucks a pair for Hanes for every day use....
                          Oh, but once you start wearing CK and 2(X)ist boxer briefs it's hard to go back. I used to think the same thing and would just pick up the multi-packs of Hanes or Jockey. Now I dread the days I have to wear them b/c I've run out of my nicer underwear before laundry day, haha.
                          Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
                            Pretty easy to justify from my point of view. If you wear something every day, you should like it. If th difference between a pair of undies you like and some cheaper ones you don't is $20 (that's a big difference in price), then divide that twenty dollars by the number of times you will wear that garment before it's worn out. Let's say you'll only get to wear it once a week for a year before it's worn out. $20÷52 days is 38¢ a day. that's a very conservative estimate, because if you buy a quality garment there is good reason to expect it to last a lot longer than a year, and for that matter the cheap one will not last as long, but assuming you'll get an equal number of wears out of either pair, and that number is only 52, then is 38¢ a wear really that much to spend on something you like?

FWIW I ran a similar justification formula when purchasing my bag which cost a couple hundred bucks, except I figured it would last a couple years if carried most every day. Turns out I've used it daily for over 6 years and it's still going strong. It's the best bag I've ever owned definitely money well spent.
                            Last edited by mattface; September 29, 2013, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Although I agree to some extent with the "spend real money on stuff you use every day" argument, that is also a slippery slope... because you gotta wear something every day, right? When you're living on a budget (or just trying to be frugal), at some point, you have to prioritize what you're going to spend money on with some criteria other than "stuff you use regularly" because "stuff you use regularly" can be a hell of a lot of stuff.

Plus, money spent doesn't necessarily translate to guaranteed longevity (nor lack of money into guaranteed... short-evity). For example, I'm lounging in $20, 4-year-old jeans and a $12, 3-year-old hoodie at the moment. And these aren't closet queens... I've got a lot of wear out of both these garments in the years I've owned them. Both are still in perfectly good shape.

More relevant to the actual topic - I've had very good luck with very cheap underwear. You just have to work a little harder to sort the wheat from the chaff when you're looking at lower price points. Which is sort of the whole spirit of the Dappered community - guys helping other guys figure out what's worth buying that won't break the bank.
                              Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X