Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing a blazer/sport coat.

Greetings Gents,

Well, I waited several weeks for a substantial banana republic sale. I had been eyeing the'tailored fit' Italian cotton blazer. The one which was recommended on dappered a few times recently. I finally ordered it last week at 35% off. Unfortunately, it's a size too small. Today, that particular coat is marked down to $150 and they are down to one size. Of course, the remaining size isn't the one I need.

The customer service rep didn't know if they would be coming back in stock. My guess from the discounting is that it won't be.

Any recommendations for similar jackets in that price range? This is my first blazer, I need something that is fairly versatile. I haven't tried any thrift stores yet.

I bought that particular blazer as well as my first blazer. I had to turn it for being too tight as well. It's a badly cut blazer and I found the tailored GAP version much better fitting.

Comment

My chest measures a 39, so I bought the 40 long. The lengthy is perfect for my longish arms. I just can't move in it. When buttoned it looks like its going to come apart. I'll check out the GAP one when I return this one to BR. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Try thrift stores too... If you get lucky you can get something really nice that you wouldn't be able to afford new (or at least I wouldn't be able to).

Comment

benchmade I made a post about your exact problem and exact blazer with the EXACT chest measurement LOL:

http://threads.dappered.com/topic/bought-first-blazer-is-this-fitted-correctly

I made a follow up one and the Gap blazer fit is perfect for me (or us since we have same chest):

http://threads.dappered.com/topic/is-this-a-proper-blazer-fit-part-2

The herringbone is more versatile than the cotton BR blazer as well imo.

Comment

Acousticfoodie-Thanks for posting those links. Some helpful stuff in those threads.

Jason- I'm going to try my luck at some of the thrift shops next time I get a free saturday.

Comment

Working...
            X