Dockers Alpha Khaki Deal at Marshalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dockers Alpha Khaki Deal at Marshalls

This isn't online so I thought I'd make a separate post for it. All of the Marshalls I've been to in the past few weeks have been carrying Alpha Khakis and SF Slim Fits on super sale (blue, burgundy, ghurka, brown, and some other colors). For reference, Alphas were $13 and SF Slims were $17. Might not be true in your area but they're expensive otherwise so if you're interested go take a look. Be sure to try before you buy, because you'll need to size up. For reference, I usually wear a 32 waist but I sized up to a 34 in these. They look and feel great.

Great price, I've been wanting some Alphas for a while now but resisted paying $50. Might have to go out of my way to stop at Marshall's this week.

Comment

Same here. I might try to stop by tonight.

Comment

Definitely going to check this out.

Comment

Wow. Just picked up a pair. I couldn't find them anywhere in Macy's a month ago, so I didn't have much hope. There they were, plenty of sizes. Picked up an olive pair that was missing from my collection. Thanks for the tip, LosRockets!

On first impression, they have an amazing fit and seem the most like Bonobos. I'm wearing them tomorrow so we'll see.

Comment

No problem guys. I got the tobacco and brown colors and I've never worn pants in these colors before (or pants so slim fitting) so I'm struggling to figure what types of shoes and shirts to wear w/ them. I've got muscular thighs and a somewhat athletic upper body so I don't want to look ridiculous or unbalanced in them (5'9", 170). They look funny with medium sized polos or with dress shirts that aren't tucked in. Maybe I'm not used to them? Suggestions?

Comment

Didn't see these at my Marshalls. Are they just on the regular racks or is there a display for them?

Comment

I went to Marshalls and tried on a bunch of the SF and Alpha khakis they had in a variety of sizes. Seemed wayyy too tight for me. I feel comfortable in the new old navy broken in slim khakis and the LEC slim chinos, but the dockers seemed more skinny than slim. All of these people on here saying they're a great fit now have me second guessing myself.

Comment

laxattackdog you felt they were too tight even after you sized up? Maybe they just aren't for you, nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Edit: double post

Yes. In the ON slim I'm wearing 28 and in the LEC I think 29, and I went up to 31 and 32 in the Dockers and they still seemed too tight in the crotch but then too loose in the waist. Like you said maybe they're just not for me. Bummer because the price is so good.

Comment

I'm by no means an expert on this subject but I believe you could try the D1 which is still slim but not as slim as the Alphas.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Sal's correct, try the D1 (get the soft fit), they're a more standard slim fit. You're right that the Alpha Khaki/SF fit are almost a skinny. They're tapered. I've got big muscular thighs (I'm a 33 W in LEC and a 32 in most other things) and I got 34/30s for these Dockers. It's a new fit for me but I feel really comfortable in them after sizing up (and probably have 0.5-1inch of extra space) and have found they look good on me with boots and a casual fitted shirt. I don't see D1s at Marshalls as much. They can be bought on the Docker's website for as low as the mid-20s at times, but are usually available for 28-32$. Try them on at a Kohl's or JC Penny or Macy's first though.

Comment

Stopped in yesterday and was able to get 2 pairs of the Alpha Khakis for 16.99 each. Can't wait to break them in.

Comment

Just grabbed a pair in gray. They taper a ton. Wasn't sure but I got the wife's approval. Her favorite feature was the fact that there is no "diaper butt", a la Bonobos. Works for me.

Comment

I just ran out to Marshall's... they didn't have anything worth getting. :-/ Meh, it's for the best, I shouldn't be spending any more money anyway.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X