Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Jacket Suggestions?

Hi Guys,

I'm currently sporting a classic navy Ben Sherman Pea Coat for the cold Chicago winters but I'm looking for something a bit more warm for the sub-20's.

I had a very large Marmot down jacket that was the warmest thing I ever owned. Unfortunately it also made me look like the staypuff marshmallow man.

I am a huge fan of down and was wondering if you have any fashion-friendly ideas. There are so many low-quality jackets out there that it's been frustrating looking. Ideally I'd like a trim, down jacket, that would look good enough to wear in the office along with casual wear.

Thanks dudes,

Tom

What's your budget?

Comment

$500

Comment

How about a Barbour Beaufort with the zip in liner?

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.a...ubcat_id=12265

Comment

Or the waxed quilted jacket which is right at $500:

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=3C96

Comment

Thanks, Jason. I really like both, good call. I'll need to swing by Orvis and check out the fit. I may check out LL Bean as well as they seem like they are pretty similar themed.

Comment

Love Barbour. I second those suggestions.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. To my surprise, I stumbled upon the Barbour Beaufort Jacket today while shopping online. I took advantage of the 25% Cyber Monday promo and ended up saving $100 on it. I'm taking a guess on how the fit will be but seems like a good deal.

Comment

Where was this?

Comment

My bad, J Crew. They also sell Alden which I was surprised by.

Comment

For whatever reason my order with J Crew didn't go through. It's probably a good thing, as I found the Beauford to be too long from me when I went to Orvis today.

I ended up getting the Bedale instead and really like it. Also picked up the scarf and I'll let you guys know how things go!

Comment

How tall are you Tom? I'm looking at the Beaufort and Bedale as well... I found one of their Barbour x Tokito motorcycle jackets for cheap on eBay:

http://www.barbour.com/product/motor-bike-quilt-jacket

But I was thinking of looking to see if I could find a Beaufort or Bedale in the spring when it's warmer and more rainy than snowy.

Comment

5'10

Bedale went to sport-coat length. Beaufort went to mid-thigh which wasn't flattering. I just got a compliment from one of my English clients that was in town today. Funny how this jacket sticks out with such a classic style.

Comment

Barbour is a huge thing in Britain. It's also a class signifier there, signifying upper class. If you have English clients the Barbour is definitely a good move.

Comment

Working...
                            X