Affordable tailors in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affordable tailors in NYC

Anybody have any suggestions? I just got back from dynasty tailors and I feel like the pricing was a bit excessive. I got sleeve adjustments and tapering of the sides for around 250.

Anyone know any more affordable and quality tailors in NYC?

P.S. pants cost around $65 to hem and slim

I'm currently using a woman in NJ, but I have friends that use Mid City (http://www.midcitytailoring.com/inde...dtown-west-nyc) and Paul Winston. If you go to Winston, you should have him make you a grenadine tie too: http://www.grenadineties.com/

Comment

Care to share the woman in NJ? 07747 zip code here tired of paying 10017 zip code prices....

Comment

Originally posted by imliuwhoru View Post
        Care to share the woman in NJ? 07747 zip code here tired of paying 10017 zip code prices....
        Alicja at "Euro-tailoring" in Hamilton. Looks like 50 mins from 07747 though and her prices are more like 10017. She does amazing work. I've had her do all kinds of stuff: handsewn buttonholes on basted sleeves, taken sleeve length up from the shoulder, for 2" cuffs she adds another stitch so it doesn't gap, jeans she preserves the original hem, etc. She's not cheap though. RL and McLaughlin in Princeton send all their work to her, that's how I originally found out about her, but since have PMed with a few SFers about her. I'd trust her with anything so if you have something special you want to make sure doesn't get screwed up, she'll do a great job, but she's definitely not cheap.
        http://www.euro-tailoring.com/

Comment

You may want to go to jersey city to dodge nyc prices: http://m.yelp.com/biz/decarlos-bespoke-jersey-city

Glowing reviews, but I haven't checked it out personally.

Fred,
          Do you have any idea what midcity costs for shoulder reduction?

Comment

Ive used a few places in the financial district but as more people find out about them things go downhill slowly. The visits seem to be more rushed and the quality of the tailoring suffers. My favorite and most used was Wagner Tailoring. Going to try Alpha Tailor Shop in the LES next.
            Last edited by VeNOM; December 13, 2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

i go to the tailoring room in the les, mainly because they know me and my tastes now. the work could be better but it's acceptable for the price

Comment

Originally posted by mr. mr. View Post
                Fred,
                Do you have any idea what midcity costs for shoulder reduction?
                Nope, just give them a call 212-719-2215.

Comment

I just went to the Tailoring Room for the first time last month, found it via TSBMen.com. They did a great job on an eBay tweed - lengthening sleeves, opening the back a bit.

Did you have particular problems with them?

Comment

i had a suit jacket's waist suppressed, and afterwards the single vent pulls apart. also a pair of pants that i had tapered now leans/pulls to the back instead of going straight down my legs. when i'm standing, it looks like facing a breeze constantly.

i still use them because i don't usually need anything done even as complicated as those, and they are really nice. plus i am like 2 streets away from them :P

Comment

Try some online tailor

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor View Post
                        Try some online tailor
                        Thanks for the help Jeff.

Please be more ambiguous...

Comment

Working...
                        X