replied
    Originally posted by fey View Post
    but it keeps the collection fresh!
    and the wallet empty!

Leave a comment:

• fey
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    Trying to avoid any more shoe mistakes and only buying things I know fit well, fill a hole in my shoe wardrobe, and are things I know I will actually wear. Looking back at my post from August, I've now sold 9 of those shoes. Combined with other sales from the past year or so I've probably sold off at least 15 pairs. That's a LOT of mistakes.
    but it keeps the collection fresh!

Leave a comment:

• Fred G. Unn
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Will do. Mine looks very different at the moment.

What are those black captoes in the top right pic? I'm assuming C&J of some kind?
    Top pic is C&J for Shipton & Heneage on the left, C&J Hallam on the right.

Leave a comment:

• Fred G. Unn
    replied
    Originally posted by fey View Post
    of course you should get the dover
    I missed the window on the Leffot pre-order so they don't have my size. Great looking shoe though!

I've kind of been eyeing a dark brown suede bal like one of these:

Or an austerity brogue like this one:

Trying to avoid any more shoe mistakes and only buying things I know fit well, fill a hole in my shoe wardrobe, and are things I know I will actually wear. Looking back at my post from August, I've now sold 9 of those shoes. Combined with other sales from the past year or so I've probably sold off at least 15 pairs. That's a LOT of mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    Hey Vicious, you'll have to update this thread once your shell Aldens come in and you sell off all those you have on eBay. I know mine has changed a bunch since August.
    Will do. Mine looks very different at the moment.

What are those black captoes in the top right pic? I'm assuming C&J of some kind?

Leave a comment:

• fey
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred G. Unn
    What's missing? What should I buy next? Wants include a dark brown suede balmoral, an austerity brogue, some more cordovan maybe something like the Alden Dover fey recently ordered, anything else? I didn't bother taking pics of hiking boots, gym shoes, fishing boots, snow boots, etc. but I have all those too. What would you buy next?
    of course you should get the dover i've recently taken an interest in natural chromexcel after seeing it in person. it's a pretty interesting leather. the price point of natty aldens isn't attractive, but i've been thinking of going the route of the SF MTO program with AE. natural cxl, natural (or close to) welt and edging, could look neat

Leave a comment:

• Fred G. Unn
    replied
    Spent the snow day doing some shoe maintenance, so that was sort of the impetus for posting in this thread again. In true Dappered form, I didn't purchase any of those shoes at retail price. (Well the Lowndes was a gift, and I got in early on the Meermins before the MTO price went up.)

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
    You just put a nice one up for sale recently... Did it not fit well, or were you just looking for a change?
    It was just slightly too big. I had bought it from BB back when I thought I was a 10.5. I'd like to replace it with something similar.

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
    Fred: Surprised you still have the Loakes, you must really like them? Your row #2 C&Js (esp the first one there) are incredible. I admire your collection of bluchers but what stand out the most to me on this viewing are: your Meermin MTOs, the Paul Stuart wovens, navy suede loafers, and your EG patents. (So basically, some of your most visually captivating shoes). The C&J split toe boots look good w/ a bit of wear on them, kind of regretting passing them up now.

Edit: You need more cordovan. And as sabrown said, get some nice lush suede bals.
    Thanks! Those Loakes are possibly my most worn shoes and I've really beat the hell out of them though. Tried shining them up today but that was as good as I could get them. That first C&J bal is a handgrade called the Osterley originally only sold in the Asian market that I got from Yoox. Only 1 pair of cordovan shoes, so that may be what to save for next. Those C&J Wicklow boots were sort of panned around here when I got them, but as you can see I've definitely been wearing them a bunch.

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
    Considering my reliance on them in my wardrobe, I feel like your chukka section is a bit weak though, so maybe that's where you should turn your attention next. Or maybe a balmoral boot?
    I love my AE Malvern in suede! I used to have them in brown grain too but they killed my pinky toes so I sold them. I also used to have some AE Fifth Street boots, but the 5 last didn't fit me well and I honestly didn't wear a balmoral boot very much. Something like an Alden cordovan chukka might be a good add.

Leave a comment:

• Trueflame
    replied
    My god, Fred. Are you rich, or simply insane? In either case, well done, you've amassed a very impressive collection!

Considering my reliance on them in my wardrobe, I feel like your chukka section is a bit weak though, so maybe that's where you should turn your attention next. Or maybe a balmoral boot?

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied
    Fred: Surprised you still have the Loakes, you must really like them? Your row #2 C&Js (esp the first one there) are incredible. I admire your collection of bluchers but what stand out the most to me on this viewing are: your Meermin MTOs, the Paul Stuart wovens, navy suede loafers, and your EG patents. (So basically, some of your most visually captivating shoes). The C&J split toe boots look good w/ a bit of wear on them, kind of regretting passing them up now.

Edit: You need more cordovan. And as sabrown said, get some nice lush suede bals.

Leave a comment:

• sabrown
    replied
    What would I buy next?? I would have trouble leaving my closet in the morning if my collection was that nice! Well done sir.

All kidding aside, I agree with one of your suggestions, I would go for a pair of suede balmorals. You just put a nice one up for sale recently... Did it not fit well, or were you just looking for a change?

Leave a comment:

• Fred G. Unn
    replied
    Hey Vicious, you'll have to update this thread once your shell Aldens come in and you sell off all those you have on eBay. I know mine has changed a bunch since August. I've sold/selling 8 or 9 of those, and have had several adds too. I had forgotten about all of LCDRs Aldens. Dang!

Leave a comment:

• jackbauer24
    replied
    Originally posted by LCDR View Post
    I just added the Indy boot. Couldn't resist posting my collection:

From top left to bottom right:

1. Alden x JCrew 405 Indy boot - new
    2. Alden x UnionMade burnished tan perforated captoe boot- infrequently worn
    3. Alden brown flex welt loafer- gets regularly worn in the summer
    4. Alden burnished tan captoe - bought one year ago but never worn yet
    5. Alden x JCrew brown calf long wings - gets regularly worn throughout the year
    6. Alden black calf perforated captoe - gets worn with suits only.

Now, hopefully done adding more shoes!
    nice collection, all those alden must costs you close to like $2700.

Leave a comment:

• Eric F
    replied
    Originally posted by LCDR View Post
    Sounds like you need to wear those suckers more often! Good looking lineup.

Leave a comment:

• LCDR
    replied
    I just added the Indy boot. Couldn't resist posting my collection:

From top left to bottom right:

1. Alden x JCrew 405 Indy boot - new
    2. Alden x UnionMade burnished tan perforated captoe boot- infrequently worn
    3. Alden brown flex welt loafer- gets regularly worn in the summer
    4. Alden burnished tan captoe - bought one year ago but never worn yet
    5. Alden x JCrew brown calf long wings - gets regularly worn throughout the year
    6. Alden black calf perforated captoe - gets worn with suits only.

Leave a comment:

• Fred G. Unn
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I didn't know you've owned both. I've tried googling oak st vs rancourt but can't seem to find much. What are your thoughts on which is better?
    For me it sort of came down to fit. Like everyone recommends, I sized down in the OSB to a 9.5D and the Rancourts are 10D. The OSBs fit great and the Rancourts are a bit narrow. I probably should get a 10E in Rancourts in the future. It's a bit unfair comparing calf to suede but OSBs leather is really nice, thick, and almost a little like cordovan. I know Rancourt uses Horween too, so they are probably the same, but I can definitely say the Oak St leather is pretty incredible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X