Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump. here is what my current lineup looks like

Comment

Deets on the boots next to your Daltons? Shell Strands? Really balanced collection, I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by technojinn View Post
        Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
        Deets on the boots next to your Daltons? Shell Strands? Really balanced collection, I like it!
        Those look like AE Eagle County.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
          Those look like AE Eagle County.
          Yep they are. Got those MTO at the sale price before they started charging full price. The Rothsay MTO were also at sale price. Very happy both.

Comment

Originally posted by technojinn View Post

What are those double monks? Nice collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
              What are those double monks? Nice collection.
              they are neumoras.

Comment

My modest collection, not counting sneakers and some other boots.

Top row: Chippewa, J&M, AE Player's, Stafford
                Bottom: BR drivers, AE Rutledge, Player's, Park Ave

I feel like I have my bases covered. The only changes I'd like to make are to eventually replace both brown wingtips with the RL Marlow, and to get a slightly dressier loafer when those wear out, maybe a suede penny-style driver.

Comment

Update on my collection:

From top left to bottom right:
                  1. Alden x Unionmade burnished tan perforated captoe boots
                  2. Alden x JCrew Indy boots in brown CXL
                  3. Alden x JCrew brown longwings
                  4. Alden snuff suede flex-welt chukka boots
                  5. Alden brown flex-welt loafers
                  6. Alden black perforated captoe shoes
                  7. Alden burnished tan captoe shoes
                  Last edited by LCDR; November 14, 2014, 04:25 PM.

Comment

This thread is making me want to spend some time cleaning up my collection this weekend. It's been quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                      1. Alden x Unionmade burnished tan perforated captoe boots
                      2. Alden x JCrew Indy boots in brown CXL
                      3. Alden x JCrew brown longwings
                      4. Alden snuff suede flex-welt chukka boots
                      5. Alden brown flex-welt loafers
                      6. Alden black perforated captoe shoes
                      7. Alden burnished tan captoe shoes
                      May I ask why Alden?

Comment

I think I got into Alden because of their history and their quality construction. They are one of the very few American shoe makers left in business. Their styles are classic and don't change very much, but they still have all the varieties I need, and I am now familiar with their sizing and lasts.

No offense to Allen Edmonds, but I think the Aldens are slightly better in quality. The leather keeps it shape and the shoes show minimal creasing and still look supple after several years.

I used to buy $50 shoes when I started out, but they would only last 1-2 years. Now I never have any problems with leather cracking or drying or the soles coming apart. I'd rather have an old quality item, than a new cheaper item.

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
                          May I ask why Alden?
                          For me, I prefer Aldens because their Barrie and TruBalance lasts work great with my feet. AE's would always pinch my pinky toes so I had to branch out and try some different brands. Aldens lasts are a bit clunky though so I own them mostly for bluchers and boots. For dress shoes I go with British brands.

All that being said, I did just recently order some Strawfuts from the Shoe bank and am considering the Kenilworths since I need brown bluchers and they aren't as chunky as the Alden PTB's.

Comment

So around this time last year I stumbled upon this site. My first ever high quality pair of shoes that I ended purchasing was the Allen Edmonds 5th Ave in Bourbon... Then it progressed...

From Left to Right: Church's Ryder III, AE Strand in Walnut, AE McAllister in Merlot, and AE Fifth Ave in Bourbon.

Next most of my style inspiration comes from the DC era of James Bond.

From Left to Right: C&J Tetbury, C&J Alex, and C&J Highbury

More recently, I've just been branching out...

From Left to Right: Carmina "Frankenstitch", C&J Islay, Carmina Burgundy Derby Boot

Comment

[MENTION=9168]Vanquish[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION], you have some of the most extensive collections. How many of your items see no play in the rotation?

2 of my 7 get minimal wear, so I should be downsizing.

Comment

Mine has changed quite a bit since I last posted pics here. I'll try to get some updated pics during Thanksgiving week since I'm on vacation during that time.

The only ones of mine that see minimal time now are the 4 pairs of dress shoes I own. When I go to a wedding, interview, etc is the only time I get to wear them so maybe 4 times a year total between them. My boots used to see more time before I moved to TX. It did get colder here this last week so I got a chance to wear them again. My suede shoes see more time during spring and summer. In general, everything but the dress shoes see rotation time.

Comment

Working...
                                X