Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duvel
    replied
    Pretty decent price right now. Too bad the white is gone. And I hear ya--it's monsoon season here in Iowa.

Leave a comment:

• Lemmy127
    replied
    They are Brook Brothers, but their inventory of white is completely wiped out. I'm planning on wearing them, although the weather hasn't been very cooperative... yesterday was the first day in a while that wasn't overcast/raining and/or below 70 degrees.

Leave a comment:

• Duvel
    replied
    Nice! May I ask who's the maker? And are you wearing them this summer?

Leave a comment:

• Lemmy127
    replied
    Originally posted by Duvel View Post
    Who's got white bucks?
    Fourth row from the top, second pair from the right.

Leave a comment:

• Duvel
    replied
    Who's got white bucks?

Leave a comment:

• Lemmy127
    replied
    Originally posted by fey View Post
    a full size off?! that seems like a pretty big mis-sizing...
    Not really when you think about it... it amounts to a quarter inch. If I wore thick wool socks, they'd be the correct size.

Leave a comment:

• fey
    replied
    Originally posted by Jamie View Post
    [MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION], that's a great collection you've got there - great looking shoes. The Carmina Simpson last is dead sexy! I was looking at these Meermin Linea Maestro for my next pair:

But now I may have to reconsider, and see about finding those Carminas but in black (I'm in need of a black punch cap toe bal)... Either way, this is a future purchase so have time to think about it (and hopefully save for it!).
    i'm not big into meermin, but their LM line does seem nice. carmina currently has a sales section online thats worth perusing, if you have small or large sized feet: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/index.asp?outlet=1

Originally posted by Lemmy127 View Post
    The boots are the Alden x J. Crew perforated captoes in #8. Unfortunately for you, they probably wouldn't fit. They're 13D in the Barrie last, and I found out a few weeks after purchase that 12D fits me best. They work, but the 12D Barrie-lasted Indys to the right of them fit better.
    [MENTION=9480]movoblast[/MENTION], I did get in on that Alden of Carmel preorder. I can't believe my luck with it. I just happened to browsing SF that Friday at midnight and caught it. By the time I woke up Saturday morning, the post was deleted and I doubt I would have bothered to try to PM anyone about it.
    a full size off?! that seems like a pretty big mis-sizing...

Leave a comment:

• wsupjs
    replied
    The boots are the Alden x J. Crew perforated captoes in #8. Unfortunately for you, they probably wouldn't fit. They're 13D in the Barrie last, and I found out a few weeks after purchase that 12D fits me best. They work, but the 12D Barrie-lasted Indys to the right of them fit better.
    [MENTION=9480]movoblast[/MENTION], I did get in on that Alden of Carmel preorder. I can't believe my luck with it. I just happened to browsing SF that Friday at midnight and caught it. By the time I woke up Saturday morning, the post was deleted and I doubt I would have bothered to try to PM anyone about it.
    Ahh that's a shame. I definitely couldn't do a 13D in the Barrie last. I haven't tried any on yet, but from everything I've read, a 12D would work well for me.

I'm currently on the hunt for a pair of boots or chukkas for this fall/winter, and will post by updated (and very small) rotation after I get it finalized.

Leave a comment:

• Lemmy127
    replied
    Originally posted by wsupjs View Post
    What shell boots are those (third pair on the top row)? I want first shot at them if you ever sell... hah.

Leave a comment:

• Jamie
    replied
    [MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION], that's a great collection you've got there - great looking shoes. The Carmina Simpson last is dead sexy! I was looking at these Meermin Linea Maestro for my next pair:

But now I may have to reconsider, and see about finding those Carminas but in black (I'm in need of a black punch cap toe bal)... Either way, this is a future purchase so have time to think about it (and hopefully save for it!).

Leave a comment:

• wsupjs
    replied
    Since this popped up, I figured I'd share my collection.

I recently purged 7 pairs of AEs from my collection and am acquiring some black Park Aves (courtesy of wsupjs), a MTO brown shell MacNeil that should arrive anytime now, and a ravello shell Alden 975 in December. Since I no longer have a brown calf captoe, I'll be looking into either Park Aves at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in a few weeks or a MTO with Meermin to get some in their brown museum calf.
    Great collection [MENTION=11521]Lemmy127[/MENTION]. The Park Aves will fit in great when they get there this week.

What shell boots are those (third pair on the top row)? I want first shot at them if you ever sell... hah.

Leave a comment:

• fey
    replied
    Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
    [MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION]: wantttttt those Carminas. If I had positive cash flow I'd sell my AEs for Carminas right now. I really need to try a few pairs on and get sized - I'm actually near DC at the moment and am tempted to visit Sky Valet as they've got things in Rain, Forest, and Uetam lasts but it's 25 miles away so it's not really a walk down the block for me

The Tetbury's are also nice. You said you went an extra 0.5 down to account for the extra length. So you went down a total of 1.0 or 1.5?
    It would be size down 1.5 if you consider us -> uk sizing. These are labelled in us sizing oddly enough, so they are labelled the same size as my Barrie last shoes

Originally posted by movoblast View Post
    [MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION], I'm still jealous of how cheap you were able to get your black AS shoes. Those were an absolute steal! You got the CJ tetburys for quite a deal as well! If I had a smaller frame, I would TOTALLY be all over those boots. Skyfall!
    I buy all these shoes that are good deals but without the need for them, so they end up being unworn for quite a while lol

Leave a comment:

• movoblast
    replied

I recently purged 7 pairs of AEs from my collection and am acquiring some black Park Aves (courtesy of wsupjs), a MTO brown shell MacNeil that should arrive anytime now, and a ravello shell Alden 975 in December. Since I no longer have a brown calf captoe, I'll be looking into either Park Aves at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in a few weeks or a MTO with Meermin to get some in their brown museum calf.
    Did you catch the Alden of Carmel pre-order too? Can't wait for December to come! I also have the ravello captoe boots (leffot daytrippers) coming around that time too!

[MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION], I'm still jealous of how cheap you were able to get your black AS shoes. Those were an absolute steal! You got the CJ tetburys for quite a deal as well! If I had a smaller frame, I would TOTALLY be all over those boots. Skyfall!

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied
    [MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION]: wantttttt those Carminas. If I had positive cash flow I'd sell my AEs for Carminas right now. I really need to try a few pairs on and get sized - I'm actually near DC at the moment and am tempted to visit Sky Valet as they've got things in Rain, Forest, and Uetam lasts but it's 25 miles away so it's not really a walk down the block for me

The Tetbury's are also nice. You said you went an extra 0.5 down to account for the extra length. So you went down a total of 1.0 or 1.5?

Leave a comment:

• Lemmy127
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X