No announcement yet.

Current state of the shoe collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION], that's a great collection you've got there - great looking shoes. The Carmina Simpson last is dead sexy! I was looking at these Meermin Linea Maestro for my next pair:

But now I may have to reconsider, and see about finding those Carminas but in black (I'm in need of a black punch cap toe bal)... Either way, this is a future purchase so have time to think about it (and hopefully save for it!).

Comment

Originally posted by wsupjs View Post
      What shell boots are those (third pair on the top row)? I want first shot at them if you ever sell... hah.
      The boots are the Alden x J. Crew perforated captoes in #8. Unfortunately for you, they probably wouldn't fit. They're 13D in the Barrie last, and I found out a few weeks after purchase that 12D fits me best. They work, but the 12D Barrie-lasted Indys to the right of them fit better.
      [MENTION=9480]movoblast[/MENTION], I did get in on that Alden of Carmel preorder. I can't believe my luck with it. I just happened to browsing SF that Friday at midnight and caught it. By the time I woke up Saturday morning, the post was deleted and I doubt I would have bothered to try to PM anyone about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy127 View Post
        The boots are the Alden x J. Crew perforated captoes in #8. Unfortunately for you, they probably wouldn't fit. They're 13D in the Barrie last, and I found out a few weeks after purchase that 12D fits me best. They work, but the 12D Barrie-lasted Indys to the right of them fit better.
        [MENTION=9480]movoblast[/MENTION], I did get in on that Alden of Carmel preorder. I can't believe my luck with it. I just happened to browsing SF that Friday at midnight and caught it. By the time I woke up Saturday morning, the post was deleted and I doubt I would have bothered to try to PM anyone about it.
        Ahh that's a shame. I definitely couldn't do a 13D in the Barrie last. I haven't tried any on yet, but from everything I've read, a 12D would work well for me.

I'm currently on the hunt for a pair of boots or chukkas for this fall/winter, and will post by updated (and very small) rotation after I get it finalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
          [MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION], that's a great collection you've got there - great looking shoes. The Carmina Simpson last is dead sexy! I was looking at these Meermin Linea Maestro for my next pair:

But now I may have to reconsider, and see about finding those Carminas but in black (I'm in need of a black punch cap toe bal)... Either way, this is a future purchase so have time to think about it (and hopefully save for it!).
          i'm not big into meermin, but their LM line does seem nice. carmina currently has a sales section online thats worth perusing, if you have small or large sized feet: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/index.asp?outlet=1

Originally posted by Lemmy127 View Post
          a full size off?! that seems like a pretty big mis-sizing...

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
            a full size off?! that seems like a pretty big mis-sizing...
            Not really when you think about it... it amounts to a quarter inch. If I wore thick wool socks, they'd be the correct size.

Comment

Who's got white bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                Who's got white bucks?
                Fourth row from the top, second pair from the right.

Comment

Nice! May I ask who's the maker? And are you wearing them this summer?

Comment

They are Brook Brothers, but their inventory of white is completely wiped out. I'm planning on wearing them, although the weather hasn't been very cooperative... yesterday was the first day in a while that wasn't overcast/raining and/or below 70 degrees.

Comment

Pretty decent price right now. Too bad the white is gone. And I hear ya--it's monsoon season here in Iowa.

Comment

The collection grows

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
                          The collection grows
                          Awesome. Who makes the suede wings in the front center? alden?

Comment

Originally posted by NYCToon View Post
                            Awesome. Who makes the suede wings in the front center? alden?
                            Have not had the chance to splurge on Alden's yet, they are Allen Edmond Big Sur's I found at Nordstrom Rack for $80

Comment

Figured, I'd bump this up.

Decided to upgrade my wardrobe last year and I think I've come a long way since then. Only pictured are the dressyish shoes. I have boat shoes and stuff not posted.

Comment

I like the first black pair, on the top left. Actually, I like all three black pairs.

I have a burnished tan cap toe shoe, similar in color to yours on the bottom row, but I am having trouble finding occasions to wear it. It seems to stand out too much with a navy suit or navy trousers.

Comment

Working...
                                X