Current state of the shoe collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    So you're a big fan of bluchers, monks and loafers?
    My list is based on your pictures from top to bottom, left to right. I like the boots and oxfords, dislike the monks, and am ambivalent about the loafers and derbies. But they're all nice. I was just being overly critical for comedic effect.

Comment

I need to save the link to this thread for the next time someone accuses me of owning too many shoes (I think I've got 12 or 13 pairs, including athletic shoes). Actually I will count:

1. Florsheim Haviland wingtips
      2. Black AE wingtips
      3. Brown AE Park Aves
      4. Brown Fratelli Rossetti wingtips
      5. Grey J&M suede bucks
      6. Brown Timberland suede mocs
      7. White Converse sneakers
      8. Brown Chippewa boots
      9. Trail shoes
      10. VFFs
      11. Chaco sandals
      12. Chaco flip flops
      13. Schnee's pac boots

So, 13, only 8 of which are everyday shoes.
      Last edited by LesserBlackDog; August 29, 2013, 07:25 PM.
      Ben

Comment

Ooooooo a shoe collection thread, I've got an "old" picture, but I've added 3 since I took it, I may post it later

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
          My list is based on your pictures from top to bottom, left to right. I like the boots and oxfords, dislike the monks, and am ambivalent about the loafers and derbies. But they're all nice. I was just being overly critical for comedic effect.
          I'm a sucker for chukkas and wingtips myself. Which is strange because I never liked wingtips until a few years ago.

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn
          I'm close to 50 all told. Those 33 above plus Asolo hiking boots (lived in these 9 days this month in Maine), Orvis fly fishing boots, Bean boots, Solomon snow boots, NB trainers, Pantafola d'Oro canvas sneakers, Pantafola leather sneakers (my "dress" sneakers), Camper sneakers, Camper brown derbys (almost included them above), Adidas Sambas (coaching kids soccer), Keen water shoes, Tevas (really old), Soludos espadrilles, Adidas flip flops, and Havianas flip flops (always left in gym bag).

EDIT: ... and I just sold three so I guess I was over 50.
          I think I have 15 shoes that I would say I wear regularly and then about 7-8 more pairs of athletic shoes that I haven't worn in a long time but can't bring myself to throw away because they could come in 'handy' someday.

Fred - What is the model name for shoe #3 (2nd one in the left row)? I think that's my fave out of yours.

So I want to get a pair of Rancourt beefroll or venetian loafers next year and I did order the Alden Indy's from JCrew when they had the 20% sale recently. Not sure if I'll keep them once I see them or maybe even I'll cancel them before then. They're not expected to ship for another 2 months so I have a while to go.
          Last edited by Vicious49; August 29, 2013, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            Fred - What is the model name for shoe #3 (2nd one in the left row)? I think that's my fave out of yours.
            C&J Clifford, from the handgrade line: http://www.crockettandjones.com/Prod...n#.UiAHIBuTh8F
            It really is a beautiful shoe. Got it 50% off from Barneys last December I think.

Comment

So I want to get a pair of Rancourt beefroll or venetian loafers next year
              I wore the hell out of my Oak Streets this summer, much more than the Rancourts. My next semi-casual shoe will likely be something else from Oak St. I've kind of been lusting after the AS Moore in black, so that will likely be my next dress shoe purchase, and I sold off 3 pairs of black shoes this week to make room for 'em. Kinda bummed they never went on sale during the last AFPOS sale.

Comment

I didn't know you've owned both. I've tried googling oak st vs rancourt but can't seem to find much. What are your thoughts on which is better?

Comment

I didn't know you've owned both. I've tried googling oak st vs rancourt but can't seem to find much. What are your thoughts on which is better?
                  I placed an order for the Oak St Beefrolls a few days ago while checking them out at Independence in Chicago. They were really beautiful shoes. The leather was excellent.

I've shopped the Rancourts (and own other Rancourt shoes) and I don't think you would be disappointed with either, but the Oak St seemed a bit nicer to me (justifying their higher price).

Comment

Too lazy to take pictures right now, but... here goes:

1. Allen Edmonds McTavish in Black
                    2. Allen Edmonds Strand in Black
                    3. Allen Edmonds MacNeil in Brown
                    4. Allen Edmonds Dalton Boot in Dark Brown
                    5. Allen Edmonds Fifth Street Boot in Black
                    6. Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue in Brown
                    7. Allen Edmonds Numora in Black (never worn, exchanging for Mora 2.0)
                    8. Alden Beefroll Penny Moc in Brown
                    9. Alden Longwing Bluchers for J.Crew in Brown
                    10. Johnston and Murphy 1850's Collection Wingtip in Black
                    11. Oakstreek Penny in Navy Chromexcel
                    12. Charles Tyrwhitt Casual Derby in Navy
                    13. Banana Republic Driver Mocs in Black
                    14. Ralph Lauren Drivers in Brown
                    15. Cole Haan Boat shoes in Navy
                    16. J.Crew Preston Wingtips in Brown
                    17. Cole Haan Air Carter in Black
                    18. Cole Haan Oswego in Olive
                    19. Steve Madden Bristol Boot in Burnished Burbon
                    20. Nordstrom Calibrate Wingtip Boots in Black

etc. etc. etc.

Comment

I have 53 pairs of shoes but only 26 are dress shoes or boots. The rest are skate shoes or casuals of some sort.

Comment

For me it sort of came down to fit. Like everyone recommends, I sized down in the OSB to a 9.5D and the Rancourts are 10D. The OSBs fit great and the Rancourts are a bit narrow. I probably should get a 10E in Rancourts in the future. It's a bit unfair comparing calf to suede but OSBs leather is really nice, thick, and almost a little like cordovan. I know Rancourt uses Horween too, so they are probably the same, but I can definitely say the Oak St leather is pretty incredible.

Comment

I just added the Indy boot. Couldn't resist posting my collection:

From top left to bottom right:

1. Alden x JCrew 405 Indy boot - new
                          2. Alden x UnionMade burnished tan perforated captoe boot- infrequently worn
                          3. Alden brown flex welt loafer- gets regularly worn in the summer
                          4. Alden burnished tan captoe - bought one year ago but never worn yet
                          5. Alden x JCrew brown calf long wings - gets regularly worn throughout the year
                          6. Alden black calf perforated captoe - gets worn with suits only.

Now, hopefully done adding more shoes!

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                            Sounds like you need to wear those suckers more often! Good looking lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                              I just added the Indy boot. Couldn't resist posting my collection:

From top left to bottom right:

1. Alden x JCrew 405 Indy boot - new
                              2. Alden x UnionMade burnished tan perforated captoe boot- infrequently worn
                              3. Alden brown flex welt loafer- gets regularly worn in the summer
                              4. Alden burnished tan captoe - bought one year ago but never worn yet
                              5. Alden x JCrew brown calf long wings - gets regularly worn throughout the year
                              6. Alden black calf perforated captoe - gets worn with suits only.

nice collection, all those alden must costs you close to like $2700.

Comment

Hey Vicious, you'll have to update this thread once your shell Aldens come in and you sell off all those you have on eBay. I know mine has changed a bunch since August. I've sold/selling 8 or 9 of those, and have had several adds too. I had forgotten about all of LCDRs Aldens. Dang!

Comment

Working...
                                X