No announcement yet.

Current state of the shoe collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. That's a lot of work for a casual weekend warrior guy like me. But damn, I bet it sure makes the shoe(s) look awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      Wow. That's a lot of work for a casual weekend warrior guy like me. But damn, I bet it sure makes the shoe(s) look awesome.
      If this is in reference to edge dressing, I find it to be the easiest/quickest part of shining a shoe. The AE version at least is kind of just like a marker or paint pen you run around the edges of the sole.

Comment

Just be careful and not an idiot like me that got the bottle of the stuff, bumped the table, spilled it and ruined a $500 rug.

Comment

[MENTION=2659]Deke[/MENTION] any chance of leakage on to the shoe itself? That's my concern, that my ability stick to the stitching on the shoe wouldn't be exact and I'd leak up on to the leather of the shoe.

[MENTION=13934]hockeysc23[/MENTION] yikes! That's not good. Hopefully the new rug was/is just as nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by Evenflow View Post
            The edges of the sole. Where the front of the walnut Strand and chili 5th Avenue are scuffed, for example. They sell edge dressing in a bottle to remedy that, and it makes your shoes look good.
            Originally posted by Deke View Post
            If this is in reference to edge dressing, I find it to be the easiest/quickest part of shining a shoe. The AE version at least is kind of just like a marker or paint pen you run around the edges of the sole.
            [MENTION=2659]Deke[/MENTION] any chance of leakage on to the shoe itself? That's my concern, that my ability stick to the stitching on the shoe wouldn't be exact and I'd leak up on to the leather of the shoe.

[MENTION=13934]hockeysc23[/MENTION] yikes! That's not good. Hopefully the new rug was/is just as nice though.
            Edge dressing is easy to use, as long as you don't spill it. while I have some and use it sometimes I find that black or dark brown shoe polish does the trick as well.
            WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
              Edge dressing is easy to use, as long as you don't spill it. while I have some and use it sometimes I find that black or dark brown shoe polish does the trick as well.
              Oh now you tell me!

Comment

Six years later but I'd say the OP has a good versatile collection.

My collection is 17 pairs.

3 workboots in steel toe, plain toe, and total beaters.

2 sneakers in casual stylish (Puma Lega) and workout trainers (Nike something).

That leaves 12 pairs of dress shoes:

-- AE Exchange Place oxford, black

-- AE Exchange Place oxford, brown

-- AE 5th Avenue oxford, burgundy

-- AE chukka, brown

-- AE Normandy boot, brown, leather sole

-- AE Normandy boot, brown, rubber sole

-- Aquatalia chukka, brown suede

-- Gordon Rush chukka, tan suede

-- Clarks desert boot, grey suede

-- Crocket & Jones derby, brown

-- Johnston & Murphy derby, walnut

-- Johnston & Murphy derby, brown, rubber sole (bad weather dress beaters)

On the one hand I feel like Imelda Marcos with all these shoes but on the other they all have a purpose, so at the moment I'm mostly okay with my collection although I have a persistent urge to downsize.

Comment

My current collection:

Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue (brown)
                  Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue (black)
                  Allen Edmonds Fifth Street boot (brown)
                  Allen Edmonds Strand (walnut)
                  Yanko double monk on 915 last (burgundy)
                  Meermin tassel loafer on hiro last (suede)
                  Carmina oxford on detroit last (black)
                  Carmina tassel loafer on rain last (brown)
                  Carmina oxford on rain last (dark burgundy with burnishing)
                  Carmina full brogue on rain last (brown)
                  Carmina double monk on inca last (brown)
                  Vass v cap oxford in F last (brown)
                  Vass wingtip in F last (museum gold)
                  Sons of Henrey split toe (dark brown)

Comment

[MENTION=13384]oxfordsandties[/MENTION] [MENTION=17374]Slubby Linen[/MENTION]

Gentlemen, I think we need pics.

Comment

Good point. I'll see if I can get some pics up...

Comment

Working...
                      X