No announcement yet.

Gustin Jeans Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of people have noted that Gustin Jeans have gotten more expensive, but do you guys still think their jeans are worth it? If not, are there better alternatives?
    Size Guide: 38R Suiting, 29" waist, 30" inseam, 37" chest, 32" sleeve, 15.5" neck

Comment

Just picked up a pair of 1968s. Been waiting for a while for them to re-list, and when they were in stock the other day they didn't have my size. Today it seems like they have a full range of sizing, plus they still are in stock and ready to ship. First pair of Gustin denim. Hopefully they fair better than the shirt I bought which led to my store credit in the first place.

I traditionally need a 29" in-seam (which doesn't exist anywhere), so still deciding if I will cuff or hem. Even with a 1" cuff, 5 folds might look ridiculous.

Comment

The 1968's look like a solid classic 13.5 red line cone selvedge.

Gustin price has def gone up in some areas especially the cotton shirts and some more unique fabrics are all over $100. Still some good deals can be had.

Comment

7" of extra fabric is a ton unless you are into stacking or really rolling. I am a 29" inseam and I just get them hemmed to a 41" outseam for the most part.

Comment

Anybody on here have experience with the regular and slim fit button downs? I'm kind of in the middle between sizes. Are the regular fits really loose or still somewhat fitted?

Comment

Wow. This thread is dead

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeylikesit View Post
                Anybody on here have experience with the regular and slim fit button downs? I'm kind of in the middle between sizes. Are the regular fits really loose or still somewhat fitted?
                Regular is still pretty slim and the Gustin slims are very slim. I can wear a medium slim out of the box, but I have to be very careful not to machine dry or it would be too small for me in the chest.

I've found that the classic fit on cold-warm wash and warm machine dry will shrink just enough to be perfect.

Comment

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

Comment

Anybody have experience/thoughts on their waxed trucker jackets? I'm looking for a good casual coat for the fall and spring and like the look of these at what seems like a reasonable price point. Are they warm enough to be up to the task in November/March in the mid-Atlantic (think cooler days in the 40s), or should I consider one lined with flannel? Looked around and didn't see much of a review of these, other than that people like the look.

Comment

Working...
                    X