Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LosRockets
    replied
    So I've decided I'm probably going to order a pair of straight-fit Gustin jeans because I need a nice dark wash pair of jeans (my Tellason are great but cut a little on the slim side). I'd like something that's fairly middle of the road in terms of weight - I think my Tellason are in the 12-13oz range (humidity is a witch). And I want to stick to the bottom-end of Gustin's price tiers since I have no experience w/ them. I don't care too much about fades - this pair I'm probably going to try and keep dark and then if I get a second pair those will be the ones that I want to get sick fadez (yo!) on.

So do y'all have any suggestions on which particular make-ups I should keep an eye out for when they pop up again on the Gustin shop? Also, are the slim vs. straight pics/measurements on the Gustin website pretty accurate? I want to double-check before I order the straights.

Leave a comment:

• davidw25
    replied
    Originally posted by Xeones25 View Post
    Wondering if you kept these, and how are they breaking in? Does the color show through more after wear?

Leave a comment:

• dcinitial
    replied
    Originally posted by noahf View Post
    Haven't read the 50 pages, but my gustins were a real disappointment. Fit was totally off. They haven't got better with age.

Waste/pelvic area are the tightest jeans I've ever owned, and the legs are the widest I've ever own. So awkward.
    I do agree with both of your points above... at least initially. I bought a 34 straight Japan classic and after a few days of wearing them the waist has stretched and are about perfect fit.

I also did a warm soak to get them to shrink and then off to the tailor. The straights are def too baggy, I told the tailor to taper them thigh down and then to hem them all for 15 bucks. While it is a def pain in the ass process I couldnt be happier with the Gustins.

Leave a comment:

• noahf
    replied
    Haven't read the 50 pages, but my gustins were a real disappointment. Fit was totally off. They haven't got better with age.

Waste/pelvic area are the tightest jeans I've ever owned, and the legs are the widest I've ever own. So awkward.

Leave a comment:

• Xeones25
    replied
    Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    And that's the big trade-off: do you wash them first for shrinkage and better fit... at the cost of a longer and more difficult fading process?

For me, I'd rather have the inky dark but fitted jeans.
    Everyone needs to stop talking about shrinking the inseam on these. Every time people start talking about it I get worried again. If these things shrink much I can't wear them. I'm definitely going to be hang drying these by the cuffs to prevent any sort of shrinkage when I finally do wash them (I'm curious about the fading process, at least for the first pair).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X