Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting way too expensive now

Comment

Loomstate denim is where it's at. I'm not sure I can go back to sanforized denim now..

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
        Loomstate denim is where it's at. I'm not sure I can go back to sanforized denim now..
        What is it about the loomstate denim that sets it apart, or makes it so much better in your experience?

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
          What is it about the loomstate denim that sets it apart, or makes it so much better in your experience?
          It's the insane texture. The slub, nep, and ripples in the fabric are out of this world. It's nothing like your run-of-the-mill Levis. If Levi's denim is smooth concrete, the Loomstate fabric is a cobblestone street. Uneven, bumpy, and totally different from anything you've ever experienced. The complexity of the denim is what separates it from the rest.

If you've ever handled a Harris Tweed blazer, it has a similar thing going on.

They're also unsanforized. You get the shrink to fit experience, which, if you sized correctly, will give you the best fitting jeans of your life.

Comment

Next loomies I'll jump on. I am giving the herringbone caramel chinos a shot since I had $171 in store credit to burn. I am not jumping on the work shirts especially after trying iron heart.

Wore the #43 left hand twills for 6 months. Cool color lighter than traditional indigo. Started wearing the 15oz zimbs in September and love them. Also wearing the 18oz super heavy and they are sweet too. I find myself wearing one at a time and trying to get them to fade. Can't rotate too much.

Comment

I received my first pair of Gustin jeans today, the Zimbabwe. IĀ“m really looking forward to see how these will fade.

Comment

Anyone ever run their Gustins or other raw/selvedge through the drier after soaking? I've got a pair that could stand to shrink a bit and I'm wondering if this would do the trick.
                Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                  Anyone ever run their Gustins or other raw/selvedge through the drier after soaking? I've got a pair that could stand to shrink a bit and I'm wondering if this would do the trick.
                  My first ever pair of raw, selvedge jeans were from Gap. I didn't know much about raw denim at the time, and had no idea they would stretch so much. I think I've also lost a few pounds since then too. I ended up having a tailor bring the waist in a bit, but before that, I did run them through the dryer. They did shrink a bit, although not a ton. Maybe an inch in the waist max. My raw pairs since then were purchased much tighter initially, and they have all stretched out perfectly. So, it's been all air drying since. My Gap pair was sanforized, just so you know. Unless you purchased the Loomstates from Gustin, yours should be sanforized as well, and I think would react similarly...

Nice to see you back and posting btw!

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
                    My first ever pair of raw, selvedge jeans were from Gap. I didn't know much about raw denim at the time, and had no idea they would stretch so much. I think I've also lost a few pounds since then too. I ended up having a tailor bring the waist in a bit, but before that, I did run them through the dryer. They did shrink a bit, although not a ton. Maybe an inch in the waist max. My raw pairs since then were purchased much tighter initially, and they have all stretched out perfectly. So, it's been all air drying since. My Gap pair was sanforized, just so you know. Unless you purchased the Loomstates from Gustin, yours should be sanforized as well, and I think would react similarly...

Nice to see you back and posting btw!
                    Hey thanks!! Yeah, I haven't been posting much over the last year and a half. Med school has been keeping me pretty slammed. I've been lurking some every now and again.

I picked up a pair of unworn Heather Greys, and they're about .75-1" big in the waist. They're wearable as is with a belt, but if I could get them to tighten up at all it would be great.

Btw, I had and sold a pair of Loomstates from the original run and everything Mcadam said above is absolutely true. They are incredible. I picked them up off a guy on grailed, post-soak and they were just a little too tight in the thigh. I wore them 5 or so times hoping they'd stretch some, but it wasn't happening. I would love to grab another pair at some point.
                    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Hickory stripe 2 WS came in today. First impressions very happy. Fit is great and construction feels solid.
                      Quick pic, slim medium on 6', 155

Comment

I just received my first pair of #27 the Heavy American - I got the straight fit, not wanting them to be too small.... They are much roomier than I like in my jeans so I did the horrible. I washed them and dried them in a washer and dryer. It really helped shrink up the extra width in the legs, to the point that I can wear and be ok. with them. I've ordered Slims for my next two pairs.

Comment

thoughts on the super lights released today? Work appropriate? Summer appropriate? Comfortable?

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                            thoughts on the super lights released today? Work appropriate? Summer appropriate? Comfortable?
                            It's light, but N&F just released a 5oz summerweight denim.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                              It's light, but N&F just released a 5oz summerweight denim.
                              link? 5 oz?! that sounds utterly ridic...

edit: think i found it....no clue how to order from this site though. cant even see a price...

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                                link? 5 oz?! that sounds utterly ridic...

edit: think i found it....no clue how to order from this site though. cant even see a price...
                                http://shop.tateandyoko.com/search?q=featherweight

Weird Guy or Skinny Guy - $145 USD.

Comment

Working...
                                X