Gustin Jeans Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
    I am thinking of backing the 101's, however, I have a concern.

I'm in the middle of a cut for a photoshoot coming up (losing weight). I can give a best guess of what size I'm going to be, but if I change more drastically than I think I will can I change my size order closer to shipping date (April 2014)?
    You can change your size up until production begins.

Comment

Just saw that in the "How it Works" part. Reading comprehension and all that...

Decided to go a head and back it, at a size down. I'll just consider it motivation.

Comment

Anyone have experience transitioning from either JCrew 484/Levis 513 to Gustin Slim?

Comment

Could anyone give actual thigh measurements for size 36" and 38". Everything else would seem to fit except my thighs, I need at least 27"... I wish Gustin would make a jean with a fuller thigh.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
            I think the 101s look like the PERFECT "classic" dark indigo selvedge. If I didn't have two pairs of heavier denim on order, I'd snatch those up.

1. If you're looking for a super comfortable pair of jeans, the 101 is very similar to my #46 Broken Weaves (similar 12.5oz Cone selvedge).
            - Mine were instantly comfortable out of the bag. Very soft, not starchy or stiff.
            - The Heavy Americans are a much thicker denim (16.25oz vs. 12.5oz) and might take longer to "break in".

2. if you're looking for quick fades, the Heavy Americans would be a better choice.
            - Thicker denim tends to be more abrasive, causing faster fading and blow outs.

3. I only own Gustin selvedge, so I can't compare it to other brands at this price point.
            - I've heard that Unbranded is very similar, but the finishing and details are much better on Gustin jeans.
            Backed. Thank you!
            Last edited by Slow*Jim; February 20, 2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

anyone here around a 35-36 waist in gustin straight fit? My best pants are 18" wide at the waist giving me a 36" waist. Anyone similar? I'm thinking buy a 35 waist

Comment

I have a 37 waist and the 36" were about 37 inches (which makes them a bit tight on me so I will size up to the 38" next time). I would get the 36" if I were you - my Levis 514s (which fit looser) are 36" but measure to 37".

Comment

Thank you I fit on 514's pretty good size 36 but the waist is a half in too big. Levis will shrink a bit in my experience.

Everyone says Gustin stretches out a decent amount in the waist.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                    Thank you I fit on 514's pretty good size 36 but the waist is a half in too big. Levis will shrink a bit in my experience.

Everyone says Gustin stretches out a decent amount in the waist.
                    Gustins can stretch up to about 1" to 1.5" in the waist. Depending on your seat and thighs, you may want to consider a 34. Anecdotally, I have about a 34" waist (some of my other jeans have measured between 34.25" and 34.5"), my first pair of Gustins (33 straight) were a little tight in the waist (moreso in the seat), but I could still button them with effort moderately above normal buttoning jeans (compare to the stories from other guys in Gustins struggling to get the top two buttons buttoned up). My other 2 pairs button up even easier than the first pair (but the seat is still tight--though not as tight as the first pair), so they can be a bit all over the place. I would say follow the Fit Guide, which would put you in a 34.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

I know it's not jeans, but has anyone here ordered one of Gustin's new trucker jackets? I'm seriously considering the oak shade, and was wondering what you all thought of their jackets. What about the construction sets it apart from something like the denim trucker from Levis? And if anyone has any details on how those jackets fit, I'd really like to know. I contacted Gustin asking about the shoulder measurement, and how the sizing would compare to Levis, but so far haven't gotten a response.

Comment

Haven't ordered one myself Trueflame, but there are some measurements on the site: https://www.weargustin.com/fitguide#jackets No shoulder measurement though. Don't have the funds myself, but definitely thinking about snagging one of these in the future

Comment

Well the largest part of my thigh is 25" looks like I will not be fitting in gustins.

Comment

@Brent-- I have 26" quads and can fit in both the 34 slim and 34 straight cuts.
                              Last edited by MarkB; February 22, 2014, 06:47 PM.
                              Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                                @Brent-- I have 26" quads and can fit in both the 34 slim and 34 straight cuts.
                                Best news I've heard. What is your waist and or pants width? Trying to thing between 34 and 35 straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X