No announcement yet.

Gustin Jeans Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Jades look just like the Levi's Verde Rigid. They are still blue, but definitely have a tint of green. I admit, I was a bit thrown off when I first got the Verde's in the mail because they did look like just a lighter blue jean, but you can see the green "haze" for lack of a better term. Interesting to see how they and the Green Wefts fade...

Comment

@Mcadams; thanks for the funding and delivery time breakdown. Now I have a range of time when I can hope my jeans will arrive. Your numbers add to my relaxed state, and let me get mildly excited that my jeans will arrive, probably, sometime before or at 59 days. So, they were funded Sept.12, and instead of wondering when they'll show up, I think it's reasonable to hope that they will be here sometime around Nov. 9th. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mattface View Post
        I'm pretty intrigued by The 1960 I can't really tell much from the pictures, looks pretty much like your basic denim, but I wonder if anyone here can comment on what an unsinged denim would look and feel like. I think it might be pretty unusual, and maybe have more classic look and feel. I'm a little on the fence about this one, but think I may jump on it.
        Matt, I had the same thoughts. I wondered if the unsinged "fuzz" really creates a noticeable difference...or if it's just a pair of jeans that sheds fuzz everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by proslyn View Post
          Matt, I had the same thoughts. I wondered if the unsinged "fuzz" really creates a noticeable difference...or if it's just a pair of jeans that sheds fuzz everywhere.
          The Organic denim was fairly fuzzy, and I really really liked that one. I'm assuming it was also insinged. It very interesting texture.

Over time the fizzy fibers will wear down, but they should not shed. I almost jumped on this one, but decided to hold out for the organic which is what I really want. Of course they may never run it again, but something I love is sure to come along at some point, and I'm kind of on the fence about this one. I was the same way about the 1776, and do slightly regret not getting that one, but again, there will be other denims. I still have some time to change my mind about this one, but I'm holding off on it for now.

Comment

Just an update... Gustin responded to my email to day and readily agreed to take the jeans back for store credit. So while the process has been a little irritating at least they gave me that option. Because of this I imagine I will be ordering from them in the future. I just hope they dial in their process a little.

Comment

Received my Heavy Americans today. Love the feel and hardware details. The 16oz denim is astonishingly stiff. Reminds me of leather. The dye is darker than expected, which I actually find myself preferring to the photos. Careful measuring of my best-fitting pair of jeans yielded a very tight fit. Waist is the perfect size, allowing for stretch, but my particular build leads to the fly mightily resisting fastening more than two buttons. It's close, though, and I'm gonna have faith in the stretch. Loving the jeans. Once I get a feel for how they stretch, I plan to order another pair.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                Just an update... Gustin responded to my email to day and readily agreed to take the jeans back for store credit. So while the process has been a little irritating at least they gave me that option. Because of this I imagine I will be ordering from them in the future. I just hope they dial in their process a little.
                I'm here too. On Saturday, I received my very-delayed September shipment (ordered August 9, so more than two months) of a pair of Japan Classics. Followed their fit guide, measured my best jeans, adjusted for the cross-wind and...there was NO way I ever got those things buttoned. Like leggings. I should have paid more attention to the thigh sizing. Too focused on the waist. Same problem I have in all other pants (except Bonobos, my one true love). Skinny waist, big thighs = constant disappointment with pants. The Gustins would never ever stretch enough. So now I will return them and have credit...and have to buy four sizes too big in the waist to get my thighs in? Meh. Their shirts look too baggy, so I don't know if that's an option. The guesswork sucks and is a hassle. If they fit well, I'd be interested in ordering from many of their runs and projects. They are very nice quality. But a pain the ass, almost literally.

Comment

337 poasts.
                  34 pages.

Where the fadez dudes?!?

Weak azz color block stopping the fadez?

Comment

Originally posted by _JZ_ View Post
                    I'm here too. On Saturday, I received my very-delayed September shipment (ordered August 9, so more than two months) of a pair of Japan Classics. Followed their fit guide, measured my best jeans, adjusted for the cross-wind and...there was NO way I ever got those things buttoned. Like leggings. I should have paid more attention to the thigh sizing. Too focused on the waist. Same problem I have in all other pants (except Bonobos, my one true love). Skinny waist, big thighs = constant disappointment with pants. The Gustins would never ever stretch enough. So now I will return them and have credit...and have to buy four sizes too big in the waist to get my thighs in? Meh. Their shirts look too baggy, so I don't know if that's an option. The guesswork sucks and is a hassle. If they fit well, I'd be interested in ordering from many of their runs and projects. They are very nice quality. But a pain the ass, almost literally.
                    My Japan Classics were from the same order (I ordered August 1st). If your Japan Classics happen to be a 32 Straight I'd be interested in purchasing them possibly. Shoot me a PM. I alos ordered a shirt thats (supposed) to be delivered this month. I have a 42" chest and a 32" waist... quite a drop and most shirts fit baggy on me (Charles Trywhitt extra slim shirt fits fairly well OTR). I'll try to remember to post about the fit on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Johdus View Post
                      337 poasts.
                      34 pages.

Where the fadez dudes?!?

Honestly, it's been too hot to wear jeans in the south. It's just now turning colder. I wear my Gustins every chance I get; one of my pairs will have some fades by Christmas. :P

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                        Honestly, it's been too hot to wear jeans in the south. It's just now turning colder. I wear my Gustins every chance I get; one of my pairs will have some fades by Christmas. :P
                        A real denimhead would be more committed. Heat and humidity be damned. If you want sick fadez you gotta put in the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                          My Japan Classics were from the same order (I ordered August 1st). If your Japan Classics happen to be a 32 Straight I'd be interested in purchasing them possibly. Shoot me a PM. I alos ordered a shirt thats (supposed) to be delivered this month. I have a 42" chest and a 32" waist... quite a drop and most shirts fit baggy on me (Charles Trywhitt extra slim shirt fits fairly well OTR). I'll try to remember to post about the fit on here.
                          Yeah, I have a pair of size 34 Japan Classics in straight fit. Let me know if anyone wants to trade for a 35 slim. Otherwise I might just send them back to Gustin or have them tailored. Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by proslyn View Post
                            A real denimhead would be more committed. Heat and humidity be damned. If you want sick fadez you gotta put in the time.
                            Meh. I don't care about fades.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                              Meh. I don't care about fades.
                              Now you're starting to sound like me.

My Japan Classics are 33 Straight. I'm trying to swap them out for a 32 Straight if possible or just return them if Gustin ever replies to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Johdus View Post
                                337 poasts.
                                34 pages.

Where the fadez dudes?!?

I'm working on my custom nut fade right now. If I manage to position myself just so, I might be able to spell out Dappered.com across both thighs and the crotch.

Comment

Working...
                                X