No announcement yet.

Gustin Jeans Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty intrigued by The 1960 I can't really tell much from the pictures, looks pretty much like your basic denim, but I wonder if anyone here can comment on what an unsinged denim would look and feel like. I think it might be pretty unusual, and maybe have more classic look and feel. I'm a little on the fence about this one, but think I may jump on it.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
      Fun facts on delivery times, from date of successful campaign (my CC charged) to delivery:

Broken Weaves - 45 days
      GreyXGrey - 45 days
      Japan Regulars - 55 days
      Jades - 59 days

Classic belt - 33 days.
      Wow those shipping times are disappointing, I feel like I'll 1/2 forget there coming by that point. I think even if they gave customers an approximate shipping date when they ordered instead of just the month that would even be a help.

Comment

#65 The Jades

First post here!

I got my Jades, (first selvedge denim I've owned) today. First few impressions:

-They're not at all green. I see no noticeable green tint, regardless of what light I view them in. They're more of a slate blue, rather than a jade/grey/blue combo as advertised. :-/

-They are very tight about the waist, which is a plus, since I'm very skinny. The only downside to this is that it is impossible to retrieve items from my pockets while seated, and very difficult to do so when standing.

-The legs are rather loose. I ordered the Slim fit but this feels a bit more like a straight. I can't really see any taper from the knees down.

-The denim feels very substantial. It's not as thick as I thought it would be, but it is sturdy and rough.

-The legs are really long. I'm about 6 feet tall and these jeans require a 1.5 inch double cuff.

Overall, I'm somewhat pleased, but I think my expectations didn't quite match what they really are.

Any thoughts on the Jades?

Comment

It's been a bit hit/miss for me as well. The Sixteeners were ok but way thicker than what I wanted. The Japan Classics are nice but way too loose. The 1776 I love. They are the exact same size as the Japan Classic but much tighter so it's a better fit. Also, according to their descriptions I thought the Japan Classics would be the darker color I wanted and the 1776 would be the more casual pair when in fact it's the opposite. The 1776 is the perfect shade I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            It's been a bit hit/miss for me as well. The Sixteeners were ok but way thicker than what I wanted. The Japan Classics are nice but way too loose. The 1776 I love. They are the exact same size as the Japan Classic but much tighter so it's a better fit. Also, according to their descriptions I thought the Japan Classics would be the darker color I wanted and the 1776 would be the more casual pair when in fact it's the opposite. The 1776 is the perfect shade I was looking for.
            I believe I'm done with Gustin Jeans after this. No animosity here just doesn't work for me. I'm sure it will work for some. I was wondering if I somehow made a mistake when I measured a pair of jeans that fit well but after reading your (and others) comments about the fit varying significantly by funding it just not worth it for me to wait two months to find out if something that's not returnable is going to fit. Unfortunate as I am happy with the quality of the product.

Any recommendations of jeans that are similar or better quality? Something in the $200 range?

Comment

.... Any idea if there's a way to permanently shirk theses (sanfordized) jeans?

Comment

I've not tried Gustin but they appear to be similar to Naked & Famous' more tame designs, which can be had in store sometimes for as low as $80-100 (I've tried them on and liked them). I've got a pair of Tellason jeans which I've thrifted. The slim fit is quite slim - had I bought new I would have gone for the straight. The denim is tough and it's a great pair of jeans.

Comment

Any way to cancel an order before it ships?

Comment

I am not much of a jean person so I can't make any high end recommendations. Most of my jeans before this came from JCrew Factory or BR Factory.

I had them change my GreyXBlack pair to a 32 straight. I was thinking maybe I'll try 1 size smaller since everyone keeps saying how much they are going to stretch. If I had the Japan Classic in a 32 it would have worked out great but I don't think I could have buttoned up the 1776 in a smaller size. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                      I've not tried Gustin but they appear to be similar to Naked & Famous' more tame designs, which can be had in store sometimes for as low as $80-100 (I've tried them on and liked them). I've got a pair of Tellason jeans which I've thrifted. The slim fit is quite slim - had I bought new I would have gone for the straight. The denim is tough and it's a great pair of jeans.
                      Thanks! I'll take a look at those.

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      I am not much of a jean person so I can't make any high end recommendations. Most of my jeans before this came from JCrew Factory or BR Factory.

I had them change my GreyXBlack pair to a 32 straight. I was thinking maybe I'll try 1 size smaller since everyone keeps saying how much they are going to stretch. If I had the Japan Classic in a 32 it would have worked out great but I don't think I could have buttoned up the 1776 in a smaller size. I'll let you know how it goes.
                      I'll be curious to hear how it goes. At this point the inability to accurately pick a size is a no go for me due to their business model. I hope this works out well for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                        At this point the inability to accurately pick a size is a no go for me due to their business model. I hope this works out well for you.
                        This is what's stopping me from buying a pair of jeans from Gustin. I'd really like to, and with a referral they're a good value, but I have a hard time nailing the ideal fit for me on a pair of jeans and so for now I'm going to have to pass on them.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                          This is what's stopping me from buying a pair of jeans from Gustin. I'd really like to, and with a referral they're a good value, but I have a hard time nailing the ideal fit for me on a pair of jeans and so for now I'm going to have to pass on them.
                          I sent them an email to see if store credit (as mentioned on their website) is a possibility. I'll let you know what their response is.

Comment

Here's a side by side comparison of the four pairs I have in hand: Broken Weaves (Cone denim), Japan Regulars, Jades, and GreyXGrey. When compared against regular indigo denim, those Jades certainly do look greenish. On their own, they're just blue.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                              Here's a side by side comparison of the four pairs I have in hand: Broken Weaves (Cone denim), Japan Regulars, Jades, and GreyXGrey. When compared against regular indigo denim, those Jades certainly do look greenish. On their own, they're just blue.
                              Yeah, there have been lots of complaints (on here, and on the Gustin site) about the Jades being blue. They certainly do look greenish though in those pics! Good collection. Maybe I'll take pics of my collection. What is your favorite pair? I'd say my fave is the Organic - its great fabric, and an interesting color.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                                What is your favorite pair? I'd say my fave is the Organic - its great fabric, and an interesting color.
                                So far I'd have to say the Broken Weaves are my favorites. They're soft; typical fitted "jeans" look and feel from the Cone denim.

The Jades are way softer, and may become my new favorites after they break in a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X