X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proslyn
    replied
    Originally posted by Brent k View Post
    Thank you I fit on 514's pretty good size 36 but the waist is a half in too big. Levis will shrink a bit in my experience.

Everyone says Gustin stretches out a decent amount in the waist.
    Gustins can stretch up to about 1" to 1.5" in the waist. Depending on your seat and thighs, you may want to consider a 34. Anecdotally, I have about a 34" waist (some of my other jeans have measured between 34.25" and 34.5"), my first pair of Gustins (33 straight) were a little tight in the waist (moreso in the seat), but I could still button them with effort moderately above normal buttoning jeans (compare to the stories from other guys in Gustins struggling to get the top two buttons buttoned up). My other 2 pairs button up even easier than the first pair (but the seat is still tight--though not as tight as the first pair), so they can be a bit all over the place. I would say follow the Fit Guide, which would put you in a 34.

Leave a comment:

• Brent k
    replied
    Thank you I fit on 514's pretty good size 36 but the waist is a half in too big. Levis will shrink a bit in my experience.

Everyone says Gustin stretches out a decent amount in the waist.

Leave a comment:

• AFCForever
    replied
    I have a 37 waist and the 36" were about 37 inches (which makes them a bit tight on me so I will size up to the 38" next time). I would get the 36" if I were you - my Levis 514s (which fit looser) are 36" but measure to 37".

Leave a comment:

• Brent k
    replied
    anyone here around a 35-36 waist in gustin straight fit? My best pants are 18" wide at the waist giving me a 36" waist. Anyone similar? I'm thinking buy a 35 waist

Leave a comment:

• Slow*Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    I think the 101s look like the PERFECT "classic" dark indigo selvedge. If I didn't have two pairs of heavier denim on order, I'd snatch those up.

1. If you're looking for a super comfortable pair of jeans, the 101 is very similar to my #46 Broken Weaves (similar 12.5oz Cone selvedge).
    - Mine were instantly comfortable out of the bag. Very soft, not starchy or stiff.
    - The Heavy Americans are a much thicker denim (16.25oz vs. 12.5oz) and might take longer to "break in".

2. if you're looking for quick fades, the Heavy Americans would be a better choice.
    - Thicker denim tends to be more abrasive, causing faster fading and blow outs.

3. I only own Gustin selvedge, so I can't compare it to other brands at this price point.
    - I've heard that Unbranded is very similar, but the finishing and details are much better on Gustin jeans.
    Backed. Thank you!
    Last edited by Slow*Jim; February 20, 2014, 01:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fitchottie
    replied
    Could anyone give actual thigh measurements for size 36" and 38". Everything else would seem to fit except my thighs, I need at least 27"... I wish Gustin would make a jean with a fuller thigh.

Leave a comment:

• PREID
    replied
    Anyone have experience transitioning from either JCrew 484/Levis 513 to Gustin Slim?

Leave a comment:

• BrandonH
    replied
    Just saw that in the "How it Works" part. Reading comprehension and all that...

Decided to go a head and back it, at a size down. I'll just consider it motivation.

Leave a comment:

• mattface
    replied
    Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
    I am thinking of backing the 101's, however, I have a concern.

I'm in the middle of a cut for a photoshoot coming up (losing weight). I can give a best guess of what size I'm going to be, but if I change more drastically than I think I will can I change my size order closer to shipping date (April 2014)?
    You can change your size up until production begins.

Leave a comment:

• BrandonH
    replied
    I am thinking of backing the 101's, however, I have a concern.

I'm in the middle of a cut for a photoshoot coming up (losing weight). I can give a best guess of what size I'm going to be, but if I change more drastically than I think I will can I change my size order closer to shipping date (April 2014)?

Leave a comment:

• mcadamsandwich
    replied
    Originally posted by Slow*Jim - from Referral Thread View Post
    Thinking about getting the 101 as my first pair of Gustins. Can anyone chime in on how these compare to the Heavy American or others around this price point (Unbranded)?
    I think the 101s look like the PERFECT "classic" dark indigo selvedge. If I didn't have two pairs of heavier denim on order, I'd snatch those up.

1. If you're looking for a super comfortable pair of jeans, the 101 is very similar to my #46 Broken Weaves (similar 12.5oz Cone selvedge).
    - Mine were instantly comfortable out of the bag. Very soft, not starchy or stiff.
    - The Heavy Americans are a much thicker denim (16.25oz vs. 12.5oz) and might take longer to "break in".

2. if you're looking for quick fades, the Heavy Americans would be a better choice.
    - Thicker denim tends to be more abrasive, causing faster fading and blow outs.

3. I only own Gustin selvedge, so I can't compare it to other brands at this price point.
    - I've heard that Unbranded is very similar, but the finishing and details are much better on Gustin jeans.

Leave a comment:

• mcadamsandwich
    replied
    Well that makes me feel quite a bit better. Looks like most 32s start out on the small side but stretch to around a 33. That's what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Xeones25
    replied
    I finally found my tape measure! Really late, but I figure this will be for future reference. To note, these measurements are all from pulling the pant waistband, laying them flat, and measuring along the back end (front has a dip in all of them).
    All are size 32

Originals slim (most worn, had since June): 16 1/2"
    Rainbow Nep slim (tried on): 15 7/8"
    Slate slim (worn a bit): 16 5/8"

Light Lefthand straight (worn quite a bit): 16 3/4"
    Jade straight (worn three times): 16 5/8"
    Japan Classic straight (never worn): 15 1/2"

Leave a comment:

• mcadamsandwich
    replied
    Originally posted by Jamie View Post
    I ordered those same jeans in the same size, can you measure the waist for me, please? The past few pairs I've received we're a bit smaller than the Fit Guide indicates for a 32, I'm wondering if these will be the same, in which case I should size up... Of course, I'd take these off your hands too, measurements dependant of course.
    He PM'd me measurements. It looks like these came out small as well, measuring 31.5". I'm hesitant to try these and hope for 1.5" of stretch. :/

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
    mcadamsandwich, if you know you want them for sure, go for it. I'm on the fence about them, and don't want to hold Vicious up from a sale! I might have to grab that fabric later on... Can't decide if I want to do another blue, gray, or off white pair next...
    I'm still on the fence as well, now that I know they're on the small side. This pair is really nice; you can't go wrong here if you want a navy-ish blue.

Leave a comment:

• sabrown
    replied
    Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    Vicious - if sabrown doesn't want them, I'll take them off your hands.

I've been wanting to try a 32 straight, which should fit a bit slimmer than my usual 33.
    mcadamsandwich, if you know you want them for sure, go for it. I'm on the fence about them, and don't want to hold Vicious up from a sale! I might have to grab that fabric later on... Can't decide if I want to do another blue, gray, or off white pair next...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X