Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gustin Jeans Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Jamie View Post
    Mcadamsandwich, have you considered modifying the belt? A cobbler could easily punch some extra holes. Of course if you just don't like the style then I would sell it rather than throw more money at it!
    It's too short - there's not enough leather there to modify. I think I'll just sell it to someone who would enjoy it more than me.

    Comment


      Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
      It's too short - there's not enough leather there to modify. I think I'll just sell it to someone who would enjoy it more than me.
      If it's not 34" from middle hole to the buckle (measured like the picture), I would say it's either mislabeled, or simply wasn't made to the right length. Either way you should return it for replacement or credit. If you didn't order the correct size, that'd be one thing, but it sounds like you ordered the correct size and got the wrong size.

      Comment


        ^ That's what I'm thinking. I'll remeasure it tonight to confirm. Already sent an email to their helpdesk to see whats what.

        Comment


          I just measured mine and it's spot on - 34" to the middle hole. I think the reason I have to wear it 1 hole further out than normal is that the belt is so thick and that ends up accounting for the extra 1" when wrapped around my waist. Not sure if that makes sense, but it does in my mind so I'll stick with that theory.

          Comment


            Well, hats off to Gustin. They certainly shipped the proper size belt; this goof is entirely on me for mismeasuring my old belt. I rechecked it last night and it's dead nuts on 34" from the end to the middle hole.

            Luckily, they've been nice enough to offer a replacement or credit towards the next one.

            Big thanks to the Gustin team (if they read these) for all the support lately.

            Comment


              Heavy American's came today. SO STIFFF!!!

              Comment


                Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                Really hope it's the Jade. Been wanting that really bad lately.
                Came in today. It's the Slate. So nothing on the Jade yet.
                Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

                Comment


                  Just got a shipping notice on my Japan Classic. Can't wait to try some of their normal jeans. The only other ones I had were the Sixteeners which were super thick and stiff.

                  Comment


                    Got my 1776ers today. Will throw some pics up tomorrow, but really like them. Nice fabric and slim fit is actually working for me (I had doubts based on the fit guide). Definitely a bit snug, but with breaking in they should be great. The description read "soft" but they're fairly stiff - not very stiff, but not soft like the Super Heavy or Organics. Good ole raw denim stiff.

                    Comment


                      My Japanese Classic arrived today. I got them in 31 Straight, and right from the start I'm noticing some differences compared to my 501 Levis in 31 Rinse. One thing is that the color is much darker. Whereas the Levis are just dark blue, the Gustin jeans are an inky dark navy, almost black. Another is that the legs have a taper to them, unlike the 501s, which I like. The third is that somehow, despite that, their size overall still seems bigger and baggier than the Levis. They're very tight in the waist, although I can button them fully, but the thigh and calves aren't trim at all (again, even compared to the Levis). Perhaps worst of all, as it makes me hesitant to even consider them in a slim size, is the fact that the butt of the jeans rides up too much. Not sure what the fashion term for this is, but it certainly isn't how pants should ideally look. Maybe that will fade with stretching though, and maybe the straight fit will grow on me. I'll keep wearing them today to see how it goes.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                        is the fact that the butt of the jeans rides up too much. Not sure what the fashion term for this is, but it certainly isn't how pants should ideally look. Maybe that will fade with stretching though, and maybe the straight fit will grow on me. I'll keep wearing them today to see how it goes.
                        I think you might be talking about "rise" here. THat's the measurement from the crotch seam to the waistband, and it effects where the waistband lands in relation to your actual waist. A higher rise would be up by your belly button, a lower rise would be... um... lower. The slim fit has about an inch less rise than the straight fit. I'm just guessing here, but from the sounds of things you might actually wprefer the slim fit in a 32. That would be looser in the waist and hips, tighter in the leg, and lower rise.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by mattface View Post
                          I think you might be talking about "rise" here. THat's the measurement from the crotch seam to the waistband, and it effects where the waistband lands in relation to your actual waist. A higher rise would be up by your belly button, a lower rise would be... um... lower. The slim fit has about an inch less rise than the straight fit. I'm just guessing here, but from the sounds of things you might actually wprefer the slim fit in a 32. That would be looser in the waist and hips, tighter in the leg, and lower rise.
                          It is the rise, I suppose, but only on the back. It looks fine on the front, but is too low (in terms of length; physically on my body it is too high, hence it riding up into my butt) in the back. So the slim wouldn't help, quite the opposite. Unless I wore them lower on my hips, I suppose, but I'm not sure how feasible that is, since they're already 3" below my belly button.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                            It is the rise, I suppose, but only on the back. It looks fine on the front, but is too low (in terms of length; physically on my body it is too high, hence it riding up into my butt) in the back. So the slim wouldn't help, quite the opposite. Unless I wore them lower on my hips, I suppose, but I'm not sure how feasible that is, since they're already 3" below my belly button.
                            Ah. In that case I think what you're describing is more about them just being a bit too tight in the ass. I have the same problem when they are new, but they will stretch a little. In my case I prefer them to be a bit too tight at first, because they will stretch to a perfect fit. If I buy them so they fit comfortably when new, they wind up stretching to where they are too baggy for my taste. I think you will find they stretch to a point where they are much more comfortable in a few days.

                            Comment


                              As promised, pics of the 1776 in Slim:









                              Taking pictures of denim is tough - it just looks so varied in different lighting. As you can see in these pics some look grey-ish, others indigo, etc. I can see where Gustin runs into issues with the pics on their website. Anyway, these are actually a bit darker than I was expecting, since the images on the Gustin site looked more bluish and less classic raw dark indigo. That said, I'm really happy with the color and look forward to breaking them in. I really have to get all my Gustins hemmed though - they're just so long (and typically a bit longer than marked in the Fit Guide).

                              Comment


                                One more for good measure. A close-up:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X