Jack-Spade-style briefcase for cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack-Spade-style briefcase for cheap

I really like the look of Jack Spade's briefcases but I can't afford to spend ~300+ on one. Can anyone suggest a similar type of bag (or how to get a Jack Spade for cheap)? I need to carry a 13-inch macbook (in an Incase sleeve) plus a water bottle but I would like to have the option of putting more in there if necessary. I can spend up to $150. Thanks in advance everyone, you guys are awesome

I'm actually selling my Jack Spade messenger bag in black. It's used but in very good shape. Selling for $55 shipped.

Comment

If you're looking for a new one, TJ Maxx has a lot of real deal Jack Spade bags for under $200.

I'll check whats at my local store next time and snap some photos.

Comment

Lukeduke – Those pics aren't showing up.
        mcadamsandwich – Thanks, that's really nice of you.

Comment

Knomo is a good brand to look for. They've got a tan leather offering for about $150 on Amazon that looks nice, but there are plenty of other options in your price range.

**Edit**
          Also this black bag looks great.
          Last edited by AngusM; August 14, 2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I don't know if you can wait, but Jack Spade ran a pretty good sale this spring and may do it again next year. My wife got me a Davis Waxwear Brief for like $130 from the Jack Spade store. http://www.jackspade.com/waxwear-dav...or=429#start=1

I got caught in a downpour yesterday, and the bag kept my files bone dry.

Comment

Angus – Wow, thank you for the Knomo suggestion. They look like a good brand and their Tokyo bag looks good (and ships internationally for free, making my life easier). Do you have any experience with them? As a side note, the tan leather bag you linked to is showing up as $325 for me.

bennynojets – Thanks for the tip, I'll try to look out for that next spring. I am looking to purchase something sooner though.

Comment

Well dang, Amazon must have kicked the price up again. When I posted, the dark brown and black were about $350, so it might've been too good to last.

Glad you like the look, though. I should've hat-tipped Primer Magazine for featuring the Tokyo a while back. Primer gave the bag a pretty glowing review, but I don't have firsthand experience to share.

Comment

Wait, the tan version is still $147 when I follow the link. Might want to try it again (the actual color is "tabac").

Comment

I have 2 Knomo wallets and love them.

Comment

The jack spade outlet at Woodbury commons has stuff within your range (not sure about the Davis). I got a jack spade + Barbour collaboration briefcase there a month or two ago for around $150. Maybe call them, see if they have what you want and will ship? (Assuming your not near enough NYC to go)

Comment

Lukeduke – Those pics aren't showing up.
                        Not sure why you can't see them, but it's this bag: http://www.zappos.com/jack-spade-nyl...fcTest=fcl%3A0

Let me know if you're interested.

Comment

I'm headed to the nicer area of town with that TJ Maxx tomorrow. I'll take some photos of what I find, and if anything suits your fancy, we can work something out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezit View Post
                            bennynojets – Thanks for the tip, I'll try to look out for that next spring. I am looking to purchase something sooner though.
                            They actually ran the sale again a month or two back. So they might run it before next spring but if you can't wait, maybe try looking on Ebay.

I actually have a brand new Filson bag sitting here for when and if I need it so I'm not stuck trying to pick up something when there's nothing on sale.

Comment

BigBayesian – thanks for the tip

Lukeduke – working for me now, must have been on my end. I am not interested in a messenger-only bag but thanks anyway.

Vicious49 – I'll keep an eye out, thanks.

AngusM – Yep, amazon price games. Not looking for a messenger-only bag but thanks.

I will be busy next week so I won't have time to check this but if you write I'll respond when I am free.

Comment

Working...
                              X