Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer shoe help for a rookie

Kia Ora! (Hello)

Been a long time lurker of these forums as I decided to up my style game earlier in the year, and needed some inspiration. May I say some of you chaps have serious game!

Anyway, the guts of my post. Being that down at the bottom of the world our seasons are 6 months out of phase with you dwellers north of the equator, we are about to enter Summer. While I like to think I'm improving at picking clothing that will keep me looking good during the warmer months, I'm a bit stumped when it comes to shoes. I've already got a couple of pairs of plimsolls, a pair of light grey bucks, and a pair of boat shoes.

My question is, what other styles can I add to my collection for the summer that keep my feet looking good and comfortable through the heat? Fortunately, I have the luxury of not needing to dress formally at work so I can make do with what I have. I was just looking for options to take things to the next level.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and keep up the good work!

-- G

Gadget, welcome to the threads bro!! You are one lucky guy, I am entering the cold winter man but I love it for alll the layers I can wear. In terms of shoes man boat shoes from sPerry are your best bet man. You can dress them up or dress them down. The blue ones with the white soles are beautiful. I have them on in one of the WIWT thread

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Comment

I was all about driving mocs for a while...then switched to a pair of beefroll penny loafers, and LOVE them. I got mine from Oak Street, but there are cheaper options; I adore Horween natural chromexcel leather, so that's what sold it for me. My ultra casuals are supergas, I think the "cotu". Great, comfy, and light for Florida summers. I wear them fishing.

Comment

I live in boat shoes all summer. they're the best. any loafers really, and you said you already had some light grey bucks, which will do well with pants. sounds like you're doing okay. I just started adding to the boat shoe collection, so then you can switch up colors. Navy, green, orange, brown.

Comment

I have a great pair of long wing oxfords. Very casual dark brown. They look great sockless even with nicer shorts and a t shirt

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Thanks for the great suggestions chaps! Looks like I was heading in the right track after all, will definitely start building on the boat shoe collection. Might look into some loafers of some kind as well. Will have to jump on some of your 'Black Friday/Cyber Monday' sales from places like endless. Unfortunately local shoe shops in this part of the world (in my price range anyway) don't offer anything outside of clunky square toed 'dress' shoes and jandals as their footwear offerings for men (maybe an exaggeration but I'm sure you get my drift).

Thanks for the warm welcome Max, seems like a fairly down to earth gang that frequents this place, which from my experiences is a bit of an anomaly for a Men's style board.

-- G

Comment

I agree on boat shoes, but I like Sebagos better than Sperry. I wore them all summer every summer as a kid.

Comment

Working...
              X